JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BEND, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a Bend man fatally shot a neighbor after the neighbor came to his house and open fired through a window, killing the man's roommate.

Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel said Monday that the neighbor, 31-year-old Tyler Herrick, initially entered the house early Saturday and woke up 33-year-old Kyle Adams.

Hummel says Herrick was speaking gibberish and Adams told him to leave.

Hummel says less than an hour later Adams was in the living room with 31-year-old roommate Brennan Pebbles when Herrick returned, fired through the window and struck Adams.

Hummel says Pebbles fled upstairs, got a gun and hid.

Hummel says when Herrick entered a bedroom, Pebbles fatally shot him.

Herrick was dead when officers arrived. Adams died at a hospital.

Hummel says Pebbles will not be charged with a crime.

Another news story yesterday claims possible 'Monumental mental health collapse' on the part of the shooter.

With as many mentally unstable we have commonly in our cities it's shocking these aren't even more common. Sadly Mr. Pebbles will now have to carry this with him for life. I do wonder if Mr Pebbles is friends with Bam Bam though.

He's referring to the SE 82nd & Flavel area in Portland. It's more upscale then Roseburg.

Last Edited:
Having lived in Roseburg for 15years there is an area called Felony Flats also, given it's nick name by the Roseburg Police Department. And in that same 15 years I had only been to Portland twice (not counting the trips to Washington on I-5).

Possibly Herrick was high on bath salts, or on a week long methamphetamine bender, i.e., "self-inflicted" mental illness.

Having lived in Roseburg for 15years there is an area called Felony Flats also, given it's nick name by the Roseburg Police Department.

FWIW, there's a Felony Flats in West Salem (OR) too. I always thought it had to do with the penitentiary being nearby.. I used to know a local corrections officer who told me he recognizes ex-cons everywhere he goes.

When the maximum security prison Pelican Bay in California was being proposed, they were touting the economic boon for the sleepy coastal town.
Little did the townspeople know that the prisoners relatives follow them to live close by for visitation privileges.
Sure enough, the crime rate rose considerably.

When the maximum security prison Pelican Bay in California was being proposed, they were touting the economic boon for the sleepy coastal town.
Little did the townspeople know that the prisoners relatives follow them to live close by for visitation privileges.
Sure enough, the crime rate rose considerably.

I lived in Brookings when they built and activated Pelican Bay just across the border. We saw a noticeable jump in traffic, crime, and unemployment as the guards families moved into our area as well. My wife turned 50, and in the field of office mgt/work could not compete with the young, very educated guard relatives wanting to work cheap in Brookings. Once out of work as well as customers for her bookkeeping biz, we had to relocate away. :(:mad:

There is something in the water or what?
There sure seem to be allot of week kneed individuals the last few years going off the deep end with mental crises.
I am sure its aways been this way, but I can't see my self ever going off the deep end. Or maybe I am already there
and don't know ?o_O :s0004:

Possibly Herrick was high on bath salts, or on a week long methamphetamine bender, i.e., "self-inflicted" mental illness.

FWIW, there's a Felony Flats in West Salem (OR) too. I always thought it had to do with the penitentiary being nearby.. I used to know a local corrections officer who told me he recognizes ex-cons everywhere he goes.
I have a neighbor who is a corrections officer and he tells me the same thing. Lol.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top