JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is a current thread posted by a forum member regarding binocular recommendations.
I am starting this thread so his will not be cluttered.
I am curious. There have been many suggestions and comments.
To those that have made suggestions.
Is your suggestion based solely on price point? Warranty?
Have you owned the binocs you are recommending?
Have you actually had occasion to use the binocs you are recommending?
What features would you be looking for if you were pulling money out of your pocket to buy a pair of binocs?

Best,
Gary

1665452333953.png

I don't think I made a recommendation, but my cheap set is a 10x Leupold BX4, which are made in Japan, as opposed to the others that were made in China at the time. My recommendation is spend more, and get non China glass.

My current lineup is the Swaro ATX 65 spotter on a Swaro carbon tripod. My close in binoculars are 8x Swaro SLC.

IMG_20220817_203507610.jpg

Grizz at approximately 400 yards through the spotter on a cellphone camera.

IMG_20220817_193815587_HDR.jpg

Hawk at approximately 300 yards with the same setup.

Why?
If I had asked the same questions about motor vehicles, would you just say, Porsche, without utilizing the thought process?
Best,
Gary
I don't recall him answering in the other post. I'm In this post, I believe he just answered with what he uses.

The majority of the responses were right above OPs very low budget. The responses were overwhelming spend more than $150.

Last Edited:
I don't recall him answering in the other post. I'm this post, I believe he just answered with what he uses.

The majority of the responses were right above OPs very low budget. The responses were overwhelming spend more than $150.
Dang! I cannot believe I got you two mixed up.
That is the second error on my scorecard for the day.
☹️☹️😳
Best,
Gary

A better answer would be offered if you stated a budget as the price is vast between entry and top end. I like image stabilizing sets but they are expensive.

Whatever you buy, make sure it's something you like. Because if you're like many others who shoot, camp, whatever, you may have them in your possession for decades. To get a pair you like a lot may take what you now think is a lot of money. But in the future, you will have a nice instrument and you won't think about how much it cost.

I have several Japanese-made binocs, the newest of which is probably 25 years old. Unless you are careless and lose or drop a pair, they are the kind of thing that doesn't wear out fast. Another thing, you may be at a point in life where you think you will use them a lot. But as time goes by, you may find yourself using them less.

Oh, and because they are the kind of thing that tends to stick around, if you live long enough, you may inherit a pair or two.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top