JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now I've only been driving since I was 16 and I'm 64 2/3ds now. And I've had a motor turning wheels for me since I was about twelve. Was driving doing road trips pretty much since 16. It was never a flash of the high beams. Where I came from, it was Lights off-1-2- lights back on for night time and reverse, lights one-1-2 lights off, during the day.
just sayin'.

You're quite right. That's what I do at night. But since the advent of full time headlights, a flick of the beams or lights off/on during the day???

Not reading an entire first post. I don't care if people skip pages on pages but the topic of a thread is set by the first post - so if you're new to that thread, read that post in its entirety. Else you just sound like the drunk guy at the bar that heard some buzzwords and starts launching off about a story that's only tangentially related to what the rest of us are talking about. /rant.

People that write 100,000 words in the OP.... :rolleyes:

Some little tweety bird has fallen in love with my work van side mirrors. He jumps around and flutters his wings as he smacks into the glass which then spreads his krap all over the mirrors and side windows.
Every morning I have to clean up Romeo's mess. I try to remember to hang a cloth over the mirrors, but what a pain.
My wife thinks it's funny, but if I could get my hands on that little twerp, I would neuter him.

You're quite right. That's what I do at night. But since the advent of full time headlights, a flick of the beams or lights off/on during the day???

Yeah, didn't think of that one. Bastiges! Our '77 Subaru wagon had headlights that YOU control, and would shut them off when you shut the car off. The 2005 CRV isn't made to shut the lights off when the ignition is shut off. o_O

Yeah, didn't think of that one. Bastiges! Our '77 Subaru wagon had headlights that YOU control, and would shut them off when you shut the car off. The 2005 CRV isn't made to shut the lights off when the ignition is shut off. o_O

My Toy Highlander gives me a choice (has positions for manual or auto). But I seem to be good with not having to think about lights. Right now it doesn't shut off the lights after turning off the ignition until I open the door.

The CRV BEEPS when you open the door if you've left the lights on. I'd prefer it kill 'em when the ignition goes off with an over-ride to run them with ignition off. I guess I've got used to it, I pretty much run the headlights 100%. Hitting the switch is habit like buckling up.

Going to get some coffee and seeing the guy come out with a full cup and leaving without making a fresh pot.

Told him if it happens again I'll parade him around the office with his full cup and explain to everyone else why he's more important than everyone else...guess I'm an AH.

Crowded grocery store. People trying to get what they need to hunker down for a couple weeks at home. Impatient, oblivious guy crams his shopping cart into the older lady ahead of him. She squawks, "Ow! That hurt. Thanks for ramming my ankles with your cart!"

And how does this douchecanoe respond?

"You're welcome."

Try that flippant BS with me (and not an old lady) you ignorant knuckle dragger. I hate people.

Last Edited:
The term: 'Social Distancing' has that special "woke" ring to it.

I say: Home Alone!!

I agree. All these new terms bug me for some reason. BUT, consider the seeming lack of attention to everything with the GEN X, Y and Zer's. They need some catchy phrases to get their attention. SOME! I should say some of them. We have some pretty sharp cookies here at NWFA that fall into the alphabet generations.

Latest pet peeve:

Taking the time to make what I thought was a helpful/thoughful detailed summary post in what has become a very long thread explaining all things gun and "best" to another newbie.

Response:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comment, no like, no icon of any type, not even an "I hate you, shut up!!!"

I've tried to help newbies before and seem to get slapped for it. Doing something wrong... must be my special knack for personal interactions and tactfulness. Heehee.

Latest pet peeve:

Taking the time to make what I thought was a helpful/thoughful detailed summary post in what has become a very long thread explaining all things gun and "best" to another newbie.

Response:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comment, no like, no icon of any type, not even an "I hate you, shut up!!!"

I've tried to help newbies before and seem to get slapped for it. Doing something wrong... must be my special knack for personal interactions and tactfulness. Heehee.

Ohhhh, did mister BB get his whittow feewings hurt? :s0058: I'm sorry. :s0140: :oops: :p

Hey, I get you man. I just needed to punk someone that I figured could take it in the spirit intended. I hope. :s0131:

Ohhhh, did mister BB get his whittow feewings hurt? :s0058: I'm sorry. :s0140: :oops: :p

Hey, I get you man. I just needed to punk someone that I figured could take it in the spirit intended. I hope. :s0131:

Yeah, I had the same thought about being wussy over it. But it's not the only time that a non-response has gotten to me. I do appreciate it when members take the time to tell each other thx or at least acknowledge posts. (edit: even an FU works, just don't ignore me... please!!! Hey, now you know how to hurt me...) Some threads started by other OP that never returns to follow up... :rolleyes::mad:

I like it when a self-proclaimed newbie with little to no experience pops off with an attitude because someone is just trying to help.

Actually, I don't. This IS the pet peeve thread. :rolleyes:

And here's a REALLY BIG pet peeve, when it comes to NWFA.....

A female joins and makes a post in the welcome thread. All of a sudden, the thread is like 5 pages long of dudes coming out of the woodwork to welcome said female. Then the female makes a couple more threads and everyone is so quick to offer their advice or even better, offer to take her shooting. Jeez.

It's like clockwork. Every time. :rolleyes:

I'm your huckleberry. :s0108:

Qqi0vp85adrd1IhAgm-JC83pWKu4N9yEI1uWrv9LW-3eyhV2Kf.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR