JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it would be fun to turn his statement around to say, "If you are not on the side of the police, then you support everyone owning an assault weapon".
Or rather, I am not on the side of anybody coming to get my guns, and if they are coming to take them, they are not on my side or the side of Liberty and the US Constitution.

I am sure there are some LEOs who are on the side of Liberty and some who are not.

He needs a different slogan writer. Remember this
1658960021558.png

I guess "If you don't vote for me then you ain't a breakfast taco" is next

Last Edited:
He needs a different slogan writer. Remember this
View attachment 1247903

I guess "If you don't vote for me then you ain't a breakfast burrito" is next
I don't have it at hand, but I believe the quote was more like..."If you don't know who to vote for, you ain't black" Of course the choice was between sleepy creepy joe and President Trump.

At 1:06

Last Edited:
as·sault
/əˈsôlt/

verb
verb: assault; 3rd person present: assaults; past tense: assaulted; past participle: assaulted; gerund or present participle: assaulting
make a physical attack on.
"he pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer"

carry out a military attack or raid on (an enemy position).
"they left their strong position to assault the hill"

attack or bombard (someone or the senses) with something undesirable or unpleasant.
"her right ear was assaulted with a tide of music"

noun
noun: assault; plural noun: assaults
1. a physical attack.
"his imprisonment for an assault on the film director"

LAW
an act, criminal or tortious, that threatens physical harm to a person, whether or not actual harm is done.
"he appeared in court charged with assault"
a military attack or raid on an enemy position.
"troops began an assault on the city"

a strong verbal attack.
"the assault on the party's tax policies"

2. a concerted attempt to do something demanding.
"a winter assault on Mt. Everest"
agreed but when the left is in control anythings possible. we all thought a woman was a woman for what 50,000 years is what todays science says, but that has changed in 2022!

Which "other guys" are you talking about? I can't imagine why ARs, AKs, etc. are referred to as "assault rifles"...
Did you read the whole post?

We have gotten to the point where even those in what we might call the conservative media are using the term assault weapon to refer to AR and AK pattern semi-automatic rifles. When we let the other side define the language by adopting their terminology we essentially accept the premise of their argument. "Our side", be it pro-2A media, legislators or whomever, should be vehemently rejecting such terminology whenever the subject comes up. I don't see it happening much anymore.
So add "and gun magazines" after "what we might call conservative media."

Did you look at the date on those magazines?
No, can't see any dates on those images. They don't enlarge enough on my screen. But it appears to me that the subject of most if not all of those references to assault rifles are military weapons and not semi-automatic sporting rifles. That would be correct usage of the term if they are select fire. I could be wrong, but that's the way it appears.

Part of the problem is public confusion and/or ignorance when is comes to the difference between appearance and function. That's one reason why correct usage of language is so important.

If those articles/ magazines are indeed about sporting rifles, then I guess I'm all wet.

No, can't see any dates on those images. They don't enlarge enough on my screen. But it appears to me that the subject of most if not all of those references to assault rifles are military weapons and not semi-automatic sporting rifles. That would be correct usage of the term if they are select fire. I could be wrong, but that's the way it appears.

Part of the problem is public confusion and/or ignorance when is comes to the difference between appearance and function. That's one reason why correct usage of language is so important.

If those articles/ magazines are indeed about sporting rifles, then I guess I'm all wet.
Those magazine are from the '80s, '90s, 00's I recognize them as some I use to have and they were call assault rifles.

Last Edited:
Even on my phone I can enlarge at least the 2nd one to see "semiauto" and pretty sure I can make it out in some of the others as well. Plus, I remember those magazines, so I would say you should probably start looking for a towel ;)
OK. I see that on the 2nd one. I give up. Our side is stupid too.

OK. I see that on the 2nd one. I give up. Our side is stupid too.
Back then I think they where trying to market the "cool", "tactical" doofus factor, but it didn't have the derogatory evil tones the term is painted in these days. They just took it a step further and branded them "weapons of war" to boot. The industry certainly holds a little blame in our current terminology dilemma

Personally, I got zero problem with anyone owning a military grade weapon and believe it should be the right of the person to decide what makes him/her feel all warm and fuzzy and able to sleep soundly at night, but let's get real. An AR-15 sport rifle or semi-auto AK... them just aren't one.

At times gun owners as well as firearm companies are our own worst enemy.

The selling points of some firearms and their design...
Just how certain firearms are marketed...
The images used...
Bombastic / In Your face and the like statements...
Even the rational use of facts and numbers...
Can all be twisted and used against us.

Also to be noted is the divisiveness that can be experienced between gun owners...
Something that is to be seen here on our* forum , almost daily.

Then add in all the misinformation and out right lies used by those who are anti-gun ...

Is it any wonder about the nauseous mess we are in ...Sigh.
Andy

* Our is in bold , 'cause this is indeed our forum...and much like Benjamin Franklin said :
"We must , indeed , all hang together or , most assuredly , we shall hang separately.

Last Edited:
At the risk of painting with an overly broad brush and a somewhat unfair generalization, here is my demand of the postmodern utopians prior to offering my support of law enforcement…

Explain to me exactly and objectively how law enforcement, as an institution, is on my side as a citizen of the United States and a sovereign individual.

And before beginning this explanation, I have one word - Uvalde.

I'll wait.
Let talk Lee Harvey Oswald.

Guns & Ammo Magazine is owned by Kroenke Sports Entertainment. Managing owners are Stan Kroenke, his wife Ann Walton Kroenke (Wal-Mart heiress, a niece, worth about $9.1 billion last January) and Josh Kroenke.

Ownership of outdoors magazines is not always in the hands of friends of the Second Amendment.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top