JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lying is a pretty strong word. To help you gain a better understanding I need to tell you about a little boy who asks an engineer, a mathematician and an attorney what is 2 plus 2. The engineer, being a practical type, says 4. The mathematician says that is not entirely correct. It is an integer halfway between 3 and 5. The little boy looks at the attorney who says what do you want it to be! You are now on your way to understanding what it means to think like a lawyer. Yes, it is quite different than the way engineers and scientists think. So to the AG it is a firearm because that is what he wants it to be. But as engineers or scientists we know that it is not a firearm until the manufacturing process is completed and it becomes functional. When you speak of controlling someone else based on nothing more than a whim you are describing legislators! It would be unfair to leave them out of this debate.
A piece of metal no bigger or more functional than a paperclip can be registered as a machine gun.

Lawyers, politicians and legislators in general all represent the multi-head beast of bureaucracy that infringes on people's rights and makes life difficult.

Lying is a pretty strong word. To help you gain a better understanding I need to tell you about a little boy who asks an engineer, a mathematician and an attorney what is 2 plus 2. The engineer, being a practical type, says 4. The mathematician says that is not entirely correct. It is an integer halfway between 3 and 5. The little boy looks at the attorney who says what do you want it to be! You are now on your way to understanding what it means to think like a lawyer. Yes, it is quite different than the way engineers and scientists think. So to the AG it is a firearm because that is what he wants it to be. But as engineers or scientists we know that it is not a firearm until the manufacturing process is completed and it becomes functional. When you speak of controlling someone else based on nothing more than a whim you are describing legislators! It would be unfair to leave them out of this debate.
Lawyers are trained to argue logic and the law in various contexts - e.g., courts. They are also trained to write contracts/etc.

To the benefit of their clients.

If you ask a lawyer what a firearm is, they will assume that you are asking within the context of the law, not with regards to engineering or manufacturing (or they will ask what the context is).

In a political context (bureaucrats, politicians, lobbyists, activists, et. al.) - then it becomes a question of what does the "client" want and what is politically possible. What is "possible" becomes not just public sentiment and politics, but also a matter of existing rules, regulations, and laws and finally, strategy. In this context there is a different kind of logic - not one of scientific logic, but one of human nature/emotions, politics, tactics and strategy.

It is important to understand that it is in this context where the lying is simply a tactic/strategy to get to an end result.

Saying that gun control laws are about crime and safety is a lie - a tactic/strategy designed to implement control of the populace by disarming them. It is a mistake to think that this is about crime or safety - of gun control doesn't and won't reduce crime or increase safety - that is not the goal.

Lawyers are trained to argue logic and the law in various contexts - e.g., courts. They are also trained to write contracts/etc.

To the benefit of their clients.

If you ask a lawyer what a firearm is, they will assume that you are asking within the context of the law, not with regards to engineering or manufacturing (or they will ask what the context is).

In a political context (bureaucrats, politicians, lobbyists, activists, et. al.) - then it becomes a question of what does the "client" want and what is politically possible. What is "possible" becomes not just public sentiment and politics, but also a matter of existing rules, regulations, and laws and finally, strategy. In this context there is a different kind of logic - not one of scientific logic, but one of human nature/emotions, politics, tactics and strategy.

It is important to understand that it is in this context where the lying is simply a tactic/strategy to get to an end result.

Saying that gun control laws are about crime and safety is a lie - a tactic/strategy designed to implement control of the populace by disarming them. It is a mistake to think that this is about crime or safety - of gun control doesn't and won't reduce crime or increase safety - that is not the goal.
Not to mention all of these laws passed are done so with 0 evidence to prove the addition of such law will reduce/prevent people intent on breaking laws from so doing in the future.

Not to mention all of these laws passed are done so with 0 evidence to prove the addition of such law will reduce/prevent people intent on breaking laws from so doing in the future.
What's this nonsense of evidence of effectiveness of which you speak? When it comes to laws to infringe on the second amendment, it only needs to make the anti-gunners feel good….

:s0054:

"The entire "ghost gun" drama was started by Carlos A. Canino, the former Special Agent in Charge (SAC) of the ATF's Los Angeles Field Division. In 2020, anti-gun activists asked Canino about the prevalence of homemade firearms in California. An earlier study said 30% of the guns recovered by ATF in California were unserialized "ghost guns," but Canino said the real numbers were actually much higher. "Forty-one percent, so almost half our cases we're coming across are these 'ghost guns,'" Canino said. That was all it took. "

"A story by the Second Amendment Foundation's Investigative Journalism Project published last week showed that the ATF cannot verify Canino's comments."

""Because it is not currently a federal crime to own either a homemade firearm or a braced pistol, DOJ claims they do not have accurate/comprehensive databases to track their use in crimes. They compile information from state and local police units – but that information is only as good as what is reported," the whistleblower said in an email."

"All of the senior law enforcement officials I've spoken to – from Florida to Washington State – say "ghost guns" aren't a concern. Most haven't seen any – not one. Several had their staff check their property rooms for homemade firearms recovered from crime scenes. None were found. Several top cops accused the ATF of conflating homemade firearms with factory-made guns that have had their serial numbers illegally altered or removed, which could account for ATF's high numbers."

Ah, yes, scientists and engineers are noble and honest. Not subject to the human vices that other humans are. Fauci is a great example of what happens when we ascribe infallibility to humans who cloak themselves in "science". Just like Walter said "he is the danger, he is the one who knocks" Fauci said he is the science.

Hopefully I am not 'whipping a dead horse' but I was reading the fact sheet on this and thought I read where Biden is outlawing the Mfg and sale of the 80% kits? If I got THAT part right when will it take effect?

Last Edited:
t0o4to1r1kt81.jpg

Still haven't heard anything about existing ones out there now.
Wouldn't matter, the generational push for gun control is just to constantly make gains. The long game is to reduce access/interest so that eventually few people care about a right they don't perceive value in and then it will be possible to do away with it entirely.

Wouldn't matter, the generational push for gun control is just to constantly make gains. The long game is to reduce access/interest so that eventually few people care about a right they don't perceive value in and then it will be possible to do away with it entirely.
I absolutely agree with you but, I still have yet to get a determination on the existing ones out there, LOL

Dont get me started on politicians. they are just the lawyers who get lobotomies. The experts of nothing. Know nothing but have an answer for everything. They dont even care about opinions, science, or math, just who has the most money. The festering anal abscesses of dead yaks in the hot sun.

Lets say everyone in the world suddenly forgets everything and all the books and computers and every bit of knowledge is gone for good. It would obviously be hectic and many billions would die, but those that live would start again.

Now what would come back? Would the knowledge of English common law come back? would the state laws of florida come back? fiction, shakespeare, religion, JD's, constitution? none of it. All lost for ever. These laws and opinions of judges and attorney generals would never be recreated.

What would eventually be rediscovered and come back exactly the same? Math, laws of physics and the universe.

I watched the 9th court do some arguments on Young vs Hawaii because it was zoomed because of the pandemic. All of the judges had their minds made up before it even started. The state attorney lied beyond anything that he could have pretended was a simple mistake. The judges did not even read the attorney statements before the session of court. If any industry - medicine, NASA, mechanical engineering, architecture, automotive, argriculture, etc, Any industry was run the way that courtroom was run, we'd all be doomed. We'd still be banging rocks on sticks. It was a farce.

Dont get me started on politicians. they are just the lawyers who get lobotomies. The experts of nothing. Know nothing but have an answer for everything. They dont even care about opinions, science, or math, just who has the most money. The festering anal abscesses of dead yaks in the hot sun.

Lets say everyone in the world suddenly forgets everything and all the books and computers and every bit of knowledge is gone for good. It would obviously be hectic and many billions would die, but those that live would start again.

Now what would come back? Would the knowledge of English common law come back? would the state laws of florida come back? fiction, shakespeare, religion, JD's, constitution? none of it. All lost for ever. These laws and opinions of judges and attorney generals would never be recreated.

What would eventually be rediscovered and come back exactly the same? Math, laws of physics and the universe.

I watched the 9th court do some arguments on Young vs Hawaii because it was zoomed because of the pandemic. All of the judges had their minds made up before it even started. The state attorney lied beyond anything that he could have pretended was a simple mistake. The judges did not even read the attorney statements before the session of court. If any industry - medicine, NASA, mechanical engineering, architecture, automotive, agriculture, etc, Any industry was run the way that courtroom was run, we'd all be doomed. We'd still be banging rocks on sticks. It was a farce.
As far as being a farce, if you read the petition for cert in Duncan vs Bonta you will observe that the 9th has consistently been that way, purportedly 50 consecutive times.

I watched the 9th court do some arguments on Young vs Hawaii because it was zoomed because of the pandemic. All of the judges had their minds made up before it even started. The state attorney lied beyond anything that he could have pretended was a simple mistake. The judges did not even read the attorney statements before the session of court. If any industry - medicine, NASA, mechanical engineering, architecture, automotive, argriculture, etc, Any industry was run the way that courtroom was run, we'd all be doomed. We'd still be banging rocks on sticks. It was a farce.
The fields of engineering, medicine, and science are just as rife with corruption, guesswork, deviant logic, and selective ignorance as any other aspect of life where humans are involved!

The fields of engineering, medicine, and science are just as rife with corruption, guesswork, deviant logic, and selective ignorance as any other aspect of life where humans are involved!
Especially when their backed by special interest groups, then you know any dates will be corrupted to what their handlers want, like Gun Control, or Covid!

Hopefully I am not 'whipping a dead horse' but I was reading the fact sheet on this and thought I read where Biden is outlawing the Mfg and sale of the 80% kits? If I got THAT part right when will it take effect?
I believe "outlawing the Mfg and sale of 80% kits" goes a bit further to include... without serial numbers and requiring an FFL/BCG to purchase. So they can still make them and we can still buy them. The question becomes if the mfg will see it as cost effective to retool, be willing to go through the process and costs of licensing, and then deal with the subsequent processes and costs associated with FFL transfers.

My own thought is that they won't and will simply discontinue their mfg since the main appeal of their kits will no longer exist to the degree it does now. The increased costs will put them right of the market or become so expensive into a niche market unable to support the continued mfg costs. Meaning, if you have to go through an FFL for one of their kits, it's cheaper NOW to just buy a stripped OEM. There goes 95% of your customer base. ;)

I think we're seeing some mfg's already shifting. Like Polymer80 now starting to produce and sell glock style mags. It makes sense for them to do that for follow up sales of their current main product (lower kits), but also gives them a market share to expand into if and when kit's are no longer financially viable for them.

I now own a few of their initial market offerings (G17 & G19 mags) and I have to say, they crushed it with the design and price point! Pmag is going to have to step up their game. 🤣

For companies like Anderson that are already licensened and doing it anyway, it's simply a matter of discontinuing their 80% offerings by letting their lowers continue through the full mfg'ing process. Mfg's like Anderson won't really mind all that much, I think, since the new rule would essentially kill off a bubblegum load of competitors currently sucking into their market share.

The second part of your question... if unchallenged then it would go into affect 120days after the initial rule was finalized and made official. Obviously, it's going to be challenged so "effect date" is completely up in the air at the moment.

Last Edited:
I still have yet to get a determination on the existing ones out there, LOL
As far as it reads, nothing changes for those already owned prior to the effective date. Unless you choose to sell it or comes into possession of an FFL for more than 24hrs. States where private party sales still don't require a BGC, it's pretty much business as usual for any that currently exist... from my understanding.

As far as it reads, nothing changes for those already owned prior to the effective date. Unless you choose to sell it or comes into possession of an FFL for more than 24hrs. States where private party sales still don't require a BGC, it's pretty much business as usual for any that currently exist... from my understanding.
Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads