JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The way I think the law is currently, only non-metalic and 3D printed receivers are the only ones banned.

AND in the proposed 1240 ban, they are lumped in as "a part" that is deemed to be an assault weapon. Just like a pistol with a threaded barrel.

However there is a paragraph that says "these do not apply to banned items in 'this section', if purchased before the ban goes into effect.

That leads me to believe Aluminum 80% receivers are not banned if one buys one before the ban.

Is that correct? Or have I missed something?

Related question: assuming they are not banned yet, there is a law on u traceable firearms that says something to the effect that a firearm built from one of the needs to be stamped with a serial number.

Is that even true? I thought that only applied to firearms that have t o go through thr transfer process.
And 2, do the receivers have to be stamped before building, or can that be done sometime later.

Last Edited:
The way I think the law is currently, only non-metalic and 3D printed receivers are the only ones banned.

AND in the proposed 1240 ban, they are lumped in as "a part" that is deemed to be an assault weapon. Just like a pistol with a threaded barrel.

However there is a paragraph that says "these do not apply to banned items in 'this section', if purchased before the ban goes into effect.

That leads me to believe Aluminum 80% receivers are not banned if one buys one before the ban.

Is that correct? Or have I missed something?

Related question: assuming they are not banned yet, there is a law on u traceable firearms that says something to the effect that a firearm built from one of the needs to be stamped with a serial number.

Is that even true? I thought that only applied to firearms that have t o go through thr transfer process.
And 2, do the receivers have to be stamped before building, or can that be done sometime later.
This has been beat up multiple times and you get answers all over the place. This guy puts out some good video on this if you want to see what a lawyer is saying:

get whatever receiver you want and stop asking for permission .....you're not breaking any law, your state is violating laws
Thanks. But the only opinion that counts is what the letter of the law says, if it's backed up by case law. I would never take the advice of a lawyer who says to ignore the law and get what you want. That doesnt sound like sound advice. ;)

What I was looking for in this post is what the letter of law says now.

Exactly 50% of all lawyers are wrong.

Thanks. But the only opinion that counts is what the letter of the law says, if it's backed up by case law. I would never take the advice of a lawyer who says to ignore the law and get what you want. That doesnt sound like sound advice. ;)

What I was looking for in this post is what the letter of law says now.

Exactly 50% of all lawyers are wrong.
The cute "bumper sticker" stuff like the guy posted(get whatever receiver you want and stop asking for permission .....you're not breaking any law, your state is violating laws) sounds nice and of course the problem with bumper sticker kind of advice is no black robe is going to care. Get in front of one and they will tell you what the real law is and does not matter if its against the constitution or not when you are the one in the hot seat. Watch some of the WA Gunlaw videos on these. He lays out very well what the law says, what it does not say, and cites everything he says with the RCW's. What the state is doing sucks big time but ignoring the new laws is of course begging to be a test case. Few of the big talkers want to be one of those test cases.

As long as people continue giving up their freedoms, then you deserve tyranny....... meanwhile in some states the people, the cops, the city officials are telling the Feds to F Off ...... and here people are like, "yes master, right here "

It's appalling, I didn't serve my country to see it burn down. People need to start having a spine.

As long as people continue giving up their freedoms, then you deserve tyranny....... meanwhile in some states the people, the cops, the city officials are telling the Feds to F Off ...... and here people are like, "yes master, right here "

It's appalling, I didn't serve my country to see it burn down. People need to start having a spine.
That would be nice but you must have been sleeping during the great lock down hoax then? That showed you how few will lift a finger to fight. The only way this will change is if enough people start to vote out the people doing this too them. The cute bumper sticker stuff sounds nice but, in the real world almost one is going to fight. A few may and will be made to look like kooks and it will only make things worse. Want real change? People need to wake up and vote for people who want freedom. We can't even get a lot of people to do that sadly. Start kicking law makers to the curb who do this stuff and watch how fast the rest of them suddenly stop. They only fear one thing. Losing those jobs.

That would be nice but you must have been sleeping during the great lock down hoax then? That showed you how few will lift a finger to fight. The only way this will change is if enough people start to vote out the people doing this too them. The cute bumper sticker stuff sounds nice but, in the real world almost one is going to fight. A few may and will be made to look like kooks and it will only make things worse. Want real change? People need to wake up and vote for people who want freedom. We can't even get a lot of people to do that sadly. Start kicking law makers to the curb who do this stuff and watch how fast the rest of them suddenly stop. They only fear one thing. Losing those jobs.

Apparently…… too many people are just fine with tyranny so long as they can continue putting putting lasers up their butts.

This country is doomed…..

Last Edited:
Washington Bill 1705 Sec 5, Chapter 9.41 RCW

(1) After March 10, 2023, no person may knowingly or recklessly possess, transport, or receive an unfinished frame or receiver, unless: (a) The party possessing, transporting, or receiving the unfinished frame or receiver is a law enforcement agency or a federal firearms importer, federal firearms manufacturer, or federal firearms dealer; or (b) the unfinished frame or receiver has been imprinted with a serial number issued by a federal firearms importer, federal firearms manufacturer, or federal firearms dealer.
(2) No person may sell, offer to sell, transfer, or purchase an unfinished frame or receiver, unless: (a) The party purchasing the unfinished frame or receiver is a federal firearms importer, federal firearms manufacturer, or federal firearms dealer; or (b) the unfinished frame or receiver has been imprinted with a serial number issued by a federal firearms importer, federal firearms manufacturer, or federal firearms dealer.
p. 11 ESHB 1705.SL
(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any unfinished frame or receiver that has been imprinted by a federal firearms dealer or other federal licensee authorized to provide marking services as provided for in section 6 of this act.

While our Country remains untainted with the Principles and manners, which are now producing desolation in so many Parts of the World: while she continues Sincere and incapable of insidious and impious Policy: We shall have the Strongest Reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned Us by Providence. But should the People of America, once become capable of that deep, simulation towards one another and towards foreign nations, which assumes the Language of Justice and moderation while it is practicing Iniquity and Extravagance; and displays in the most captivating manner the charming Pictures of Candour frankness & sincerity while it is rioting in rapine and Insolence: this Country will be the most miserable Habitation in the World. Because We have no Government armed with Power capable of contending with human Passions unbridled by morality and Religion. Avarice, Ambition, Revenge or Gallantry, would break the strongest Cords of our Constitution as a Whale goes through a Net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

He's right.

Our government have too many people with Ambition, notions of revenge, Gallantry, and we have too many politicians unbound by morality.

The people are also pretty much being asked to be ruled and not willing to live in what Jefferson would have said, a dangerous freedom. They are just fine with slavery/compliance as long as they are "well taken care of" :rolleyes: :(

While our Country remains untainted with the Principles and manners, which are now producing desolation in so many Parts of the World: while she continues Sincere and incapable of insidious and impious Policy: We shall have the Strongest Reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned Us by Providence. But should the People of America, once become capable of that deep, simulation towards one another and towards foreign nations, which assumes the Language of Justice and moderation while it is practicing Iniquity and Extravagance; and displays in the most captivating manner the charming Pictures of Candour frankness & sincerity while it is rioting in rapine and Insolence: this Country will be the most miserable Habitation in the World. Because We have no Government armed with Power capable of contending with human Passions unbridled by morality and Religion. Avarice, Ambition, Revenge or Gallantry, would break the strongest Cords of our Constitution as a Whale goes through a Net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

He's right.

Our government have too many people with Ambition, notions of revenge, Gallantry, and we have too many politicians unbound by morality.

The people are also pretty much being asked to be ruled and not willing to live in what Jefferson would have said, a dangerous freedom. They are just fine with slavery/compliance as long as they are "well taken care of" :rolleyes: :(
Look on the bright side, there'll be free butt-lasers for EVERYONE!!

I put this in once, but I will do it again for the folks that didn't see it.

IMG_3215.jpg

From what I can find out, you can make your own. But you must stamp a Ser# Your Name if you are the maker and your Address. And it must be stamped in, I forgot how deep. The problem is the metal is not
strong enough to take that kind of hit. So the old hand stamps with a hammer won't work. Then you must take them to a dealer and have them registered.

From what I can find out, you can make your own. But you must stamp a Ser# Your Name if you are the maker and your Address. And it must be stamped in, I forgot how deep. The problem is the metal is not
strong enough to take that kind of hit. So the old hand stamps with a hammer won't work. Then you must take them to a dealer and have them registered.
Nah they can go kick rocks !!! I can understand serial numbers if you plan on selling it because then you are manufacturing a firearm for sale and that make sense but your own personal firearm ?? what would be the point of a serial number to go into a gun shop to register it ??? registeration is illegal, and the govt isn't supposed to have a record of our firearms anyways..... so NO !!

https://www.reuters.com/legal/ban-g...oved-is-unconstitutional-us-judge-2022-10-13/

Your dreaming if you don't think the govt has no records. I was a FFL and class 3 dealer. When and if you
quite the business all your records have to be sent to ATF.

Your dreaming if you don't think the govt has no records. I was a FFL and class 3 dealer. When and if you
quite the business all your records have to be sent to ATF.
should have lost it in a boating accident. and looks like more of a reason to not register bubblegum....we have a federal judge saying it's unconstitutional for ATF to come at your for serial numbers even if you scratched it off. Remember we have Bruen now and Bruen says in keeping with historical text and tradition of the 2nd ammendment. The right to bear arsm is not just arms from a manufactuer but making your own. Aside from manufacturing which we all can understand from common sense why they would need serial numbers just as a mattress has that stupid tag "under federal law do not remove" once its in your posession its yours. You can manufacture your own arms as the Federal judge that recently told the ATF to go kick rocks , incomplete frames and receivers are here to stay and as long as you're not manufacturing to sell then there should be no reason to have a serial number it's your own personal gun.
Regardless.... requirng it or not, WHO ON EARTH DOESN'T THINK criminal enterprises aren't just printing , 3d printing and CNC machining frames and receivers .... you think they're gonna get it serialized. Just another stupd law that doesn't stop anything.
Lets not forget transfering to family members or private sales that used to take place AND SHOULD STILL CONTINUE TAKING PLACE so it makes the whole thing a big fart of the ATF. Sorry I'm on the side of LIberty and our Constituion not the rogue agency of the ATF that hates Americans

I agree with you, just telling you what I had to do when I got out of it. I think they are worried about when you die, where does it go from there. That's why I got out, too much crap. As a class 3 they had the right to come
and search and seize without a warrant. There are certain rights you have to give up. At least it was that way
when I was in it.

Your dreaming if you don't think the govt has no records

I agree with you, just telling you what I had to do when I got out of it.
That's not entirely accurate. We are, after all, talking about 80% PMF's... not FFL purchases with a 4473 attached to it.

Up until just recently, in OR anyway, it was still perfectly legal to do a PMF private party transfer via an FFL without a serial number. That's not to say that there weren't FFL's that wouldnt do them anyway, or that by policy (vs law) they wanted to serialize them, but that's all changed. If it goes through an FFL it as to be serialized.

Requiring a serial for your own PMF... that's requiring registration when no record did or needed to exist before.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top