JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then the question is, why would I buy a serialized 80% and have to do all the work if I could get a done lower!? I guess this is the goal?
Precisely! In many cases you're really not saving much money by building your own either so their appeal will plummet. Not to mention they will likely see a big price bump as well once supplier are forced to pass on the additional costs they incure due to lincensing, the tooling and additional paperwork generated because of it to the end user.

Yup. Only if you were to sell a home build as I read it. And then, I don't know if it really only impacts sales directly to an FFL or private party transfers, too.

That would be funny if you had to do a BCG to purchase a 3D printer, but then again... I bet my great grandpap was crackin jokes around the fireplace with his buddies about how ludacris it would be if you had to pass a BGC to buy an ol' shotty off a buddy. We allowed THAT to happen!
this is why I think its interesting they didnt outright rule against the kits, just the sales/transfers of the kits. They dont directly address the 0% builds, or essentially 3D printing, but they were after the ease of the 80% kits since it doesnt take much investment to build one. A rule against the kits themselves would get shot down in court, I think...

Well the rule is also that 80% is not a firearm. So a 80% needs to be serialized and go through a bgc just like a finished firearm. your polymer80 now needs to go to an ffl even thoughbby def. its not a firearm...:s0023:

Next........ requiring a FFL manufacturing license of some sort to build a firearm at home for any reason; including personal use, with the attendant taxes, fees, paperwork, registration, background checks and all that, in "order to ensure that quality of workmanship and standards are met" :rolleyes:
This would kill home manufacturing of firearms.

But that ignores the simple fact that in many states firearms can be transferred without the involvement of a FFL, which essentially makes them untraceable.
ALL "gun control" is done is small steps. Been like this for longer than I have been alive because it works. Every new law they come up state or federal, is another compromise. Gun owners go along with every singe one with the idea that they are "ok". Every new law is ignored by criminals so they do nothing to lower crime. So the same people come back and say "we just need one more law". Gun owners line up and gripe, then vote for the people doing it. There are ZERO gun laws that accomplish anything when the criminals caught are just let loose again. The laws are not supposed to do anything other than move closer to what they really want.

But that ignores the simple fact that in many states firearms can be transferred without the involvement of a FFL, which essentially makes them untraceable.
Those are state laws on used guns private sales the feds cant do anything about. Isnt it already a federal law on new guns regardless of state laws?
I cant recall, how many states are left that allow private sales without FFL?

In those states it would keep current non-serialized as untraceable in private party sales, but would prevent any new untraceables from entering the market. Although... in private party sales that don't require an FFL... it makes them no more traceable than any exisiting serialized firearm from being, for all intents and purposes, no longer traceable from an evidentiary stand-point.

They already closed that door in Oregon and I'm sure it won't be long before they try to shut it down in every other state through new federal regulation. They are just trying to infringe our 2A rights in baby steps so we won't notice what we've allowed to be lost until it's too late.

How long will it be until BCGs, barrels and triggers are serialized?
Wouldn't be surprised if some people tried to push that. Other countries already regulate the ownership of "critical parts" such as bolts or barrels to the same extent as a frame or receiver. Would be hard to do that here because parts are so widespread so perhaps they'd start by applying that only to current/future manufactured parts.

Wouldn't be surprised if some people tried to push that. Other countries already regulate the ownership of "critical parts" such as bolts or barrels to the same extent as a frame or receiver. Would be hard to do that here because parts are so widespread so perhaps they'd start by applying that only to current/future manufactured parts.
Think UN Small Arms Treaty, which I understand Brandon has signed or is planning on signing…

Forcing this down our throats while everyone has their attention elsewhere. Typical.

Those of us who have experience in a machine shop will always laugh at the MFIC.

Those are state laws on used guns private sales the feds cant do anything about. Isnt it already a federal law on new guns regardless of state laws?
I cant recall, how many states are left that allow private sales without FFL?
(28) Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin & Wyoming.
Florida, Some counties CCW exempt.
Michigan CCW exempt
Nebraska Only handguns CCW exempt
North Carolina Only handguns CCW exempt
Pennsylvania Only handguns
Rhode Island CCW exempt

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have the exact rules they are alluding to? By the way it reads, one could simply buy the frame and jig seperately... as they simply state kits, and not parts. Although I doubt that loophole is so unmolested, and the grammar is merely purposefully inept.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top