JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yeah I read all the BS... Which model did you say they stop selling, the CLIP fed ones??? Im not an idiot dude, I know how to read and Im just relaying info from today. I was told by the employees that they will no longer sell minis. Asked if they were getting any in and was told they dont sell them.

Yeah I read all the BS... Which model did you say they stop selling, the CLIP fed ones??? Im not an idiot dude, I know how to read and Im just relaying info from today. I was told by the employees that they will no longer sell minis. Asked if they were getting any in and was told they dont sell them.

So why is what they told you not more of the same BS? Why is it pertinent when its already shown to be misinformation. Nothing like heaping more BS and speculation on the pile. No reason to stop shopping there.

Pretty sure that none of them are "clip fed" but I do reacall ALL of them being magazine fed!

Im not saying its NOT BS. For all I know, they could be shootin me a line of sh!t. When asked I was told they will no longer sell minis. I told them theyre losing customers and thats when she said "I know, fill out a comment card and send it to corporate..." That was my experience today and I made a decision to no longer patronize their stores. How do I know whats misinfo and whats not? I dont. Do you believe everything you read in the paper, see on the news, read on the INTERNET???

Im not saying its NOT BS. For all I know, they could be shootin me a line of sh!t. When asked I was told they will no longer sell minis. I told them theyre losing customers and thats when she said "I know, fill out a comment card and send it to corporate..." That was my experience today and I made a decision to no longer patronize their stores. How do I know whats misinfo and whats not? I dont. Do you believe everything you read in the paper, see on the news, read on the INTERNET???

Did you fill out the card? That's the only way to make a difference they would know about. bubblegumin here about not shopping there isn't going to solve the "problem". I was in one of the stores the other day and noticed they had no Minis on the rack, but didn't ask about it. I think that I'll go back to my local store and ask. The few people that I've dealt with at the gun counter there have always been great to deal with.

Last Edited:
For those who can't deal with the clip vs magazine issue, get a life.

They are two totally different things.
Part of firearm ownership is education of said firearms, safety and loading devices. A magazine is not a clip and a clip is not a magazine.
Just as a semi-auto variant (or clone) AR 15 is NOT an "assault rifle" as per definition otherwise we'd just call them M4's and M16s as well as other various models.
Speading wrong information and the continuance of it perpetuates ignorance, and that makes ALL of us firearm owners look bad.
I still know folks who think you can just go to a sporting goods store and purchase a "clip fed" select-fire firearm because they don't know any better. They also think we need permits or a license to even purchase a firearm.
I hope to god it'll never come to that, but its sad to see such a lack of knowlage around us.
Its part of our responsibility to help further educate those around us who might not know or understand.

Its also laughable to watch the media try to get all "techical" but calling everything by the wrong name.

Well however this thing goes down on Bi-Mart I probably will still shop there. I have always liked the place and their prices, return policies are pretty darn good also.
As I mentioned I bought a 10/22 there on the 22nd and that is when I heard the manager telling the guy behind the gun counter they were not going to carry Mini's anymore after what they had was sold. I asked about them today while I was there and was only told to check back later as they always had new items coming in. Gun shelf was pretty darn bare though.
Guess we will see........
Good Day Gent's

I went to the Bimart on Mill Plain and asked when did he think the Magpul Mags would come in and he told me probaly around Sept.
I know he can perdict when they will be in and everthing is here say. :D

For those who can't deal with the clip vs magazine issue, get a life.

"this is my Rifle,

This is my Gun..

This is for fighting

This is for FUN"

Basic Training, Fort Lewis 1968, back when we trained with the M-14, in fact, our Training Battalion was the First at Fort Lewis to shoot the Mattel 16, which is why I own an H&K 91!

I fully agree with Proper terminology, err what is the thing-a-ma-jig that hangs on your ~Gun~?

either a Bayonet, or a condom.... Big difference!

I was told the Entire Corporation's Stores are just SOLD OUT. no expectation for restocking, I spoke then about the "Internet Rumor" and got a different story... sort of how this thread is going: if it looks military sort of like, you now, called them clip thingies (really)! as the corporate issue, and that is "still undecided"

Apparently the clerk is not aware that all Mini-14's can use the same (cough cough) Magazine! (thingie)!

that is my 3.2 Cents worth, but none of them are Pre 82 pennies, thems real copper!

This is VERY important!! Simply not shopping there may make you feel like you're making a difference, but a store isn't going to notice one bit. You have to write them and tell them why you've stopped shopping there.

<broken link removed>

By Email:
[email protected]

thanks for the 2 links, I sent email and comments by both. Yes we all do need to speak up, not just stop shopping. Low sales only shows a slow month, does not necessarly give them direct reason.

Just walked out of bimart.
They said this.
They are STILL selling the mini 14 with stainless and composite stalk. But not in wood.
Those weren't selling well.
I said HEY, I know a bunch a wild hillbillies writing letters to your company about NOT selling the mini any more. He said NOT true....

Dear Mr. abc xyz,

I am happy to inform you that your informant was incorrect, we have not pulled any firearms from our shelves nor have we decided to discontinue any item due to recent events. Our shelves are currently quite empty but this is due to the unanticipated demand we have experienced over the last three weeks. Our buyers are working hard to replenish our inventory but this is a national issue and the manufacturers are not shipping very well at all. We do have Mini-14s on order and hope some will show up soon. Hopefully this answers your questions, but do feel free to contact me directly if not.

Thank you,

Jim

Jim Frazier

General Merchandise Manager
The Bi-Mart Corporation

[email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ So there is the answer, and I will keep Bi-Mart as my Long Gun seller, for their prices...

philip, Boondocking on HWY 36

I have shopped at BI-Mart since 1979 & they have been the most pro gun, pro sportsman store that there is in our area. As others have said they did not gouge us last time with ammo prices up the yinyang .Instead they just put a limit on the amount of boxes per customer so everyone could have a little. They will order just about any long gun as long as it is a brand they carry & it is available. They have never had a AR in the rack for sale in my area. This is just a case of all stores being bought out of product & backordered for several months. I get emails from distributors wanting to by my used ARs,FALS & SCARs for more then I paid brand new from them. I called one just to see how big a problem this is & they are told from manufactures they are on a indefinate waiting list. I prefer Colt & FN but, I have a few Bushmasters that they say customers are offering 3k plus for used ones. Three thousand dollars plus for a used Bushmaster should say it all to the state of affairs in the gun inventory madness. Unless it is a emergency that you need that AR or just about any semiauto magazine fed rifle dont buy or you will get hosed if you can find one. This is the worst condition in modern times that firearms have been this depleted. Given who is in charge now I would imagine some of the companies are contemplating a ban & are cautious of making millions of rifles,magazines etc only to have stockpiles of product that cannot be sold if the crazzies get their way. Lets hope not.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top