JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I just wrote them and if they discontinue Ar15 accessories I will boycott them Like I do Dicks. Either they are with us or against us!
I just wrote them and let them know why I was cancelling my membership and that I will be encouraging all my friends and extended family to do the same!

OK, I just got a call-back from my local BiMart!

They told me that they have NOT gotten any memo or directive to stop selling Mini-14's!!!

I would ask that all call their local stores to confirm this.

I like BiMart and always support them over WallyWorld.

I am eating crow on this one for leaping before verifying.

A lesson well learned.

I went to bi mart yesterday in orchards, they had 2 mini 14s, 1 on the rack and 1 being sold to a customer. I didnt hear any talk of discontinuing selling them, have not read anything as well. Maybe the counterperson was just buying in to all the hype.

Anyhow thats my $.02

OK, I just got a call-back from my local BiMart!

They told me that they have NOT gotten any memo or directive to stop selling Mini-14's!!!

I would ask that all call their local stores to confirm this.

I like BiMart and always support them over WallyWorld.

I am eating crow on this one for leaping before verifying.

A lesson well learned.

Man enough to admit it though:s0155:

I talked to the person at the gun counter in Keizer six months ago about ordering a Ruger AR. They do not stock them but they were allowed to special order them at that time. Hopefully they have not changed their policy on that.

A few months ago, the guy who works behind the gun counter at the Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy/Western Ave. Bi-Mart in Beaverton told me that it was corporate policy to temporarily pull the Mini-14s for a day or two whenever there's a high profile shooting.

I bought a Ruger 10/22 Tuesday at Bi-Mart in Bend. Three more were sold while I waited for the background check, a little over an hour. Also I did not pay attention to other guns sold but there were a bunch. I also bought a Butler Creek Hot Lips and a Ruger BX-1 a couple of days later, not many of those left, I doubt any now. .22 ammo was pretty low Tuesday but resupplied Wednesday or Thursday.

Tried to go to Wholesale Sports in Bend today, Saturday, could not even get into the parking lot...bagged it. Just wanted a case for the 10/22 as Bi-Mart did not have any hard cases, Amazon got my business.

Whoa, hang on a second fellas. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm only relaying what the balding guy with bug eyes and glasses working behind the counter told me. I'm not in the habit of starting BS stories on this (or any) forum.

Right after I started this thread I made a point of contacting Bi-Mart (via their website) and telling them much the same thing I did to EVERY Oregon Legistator. You can see a copy of that letter in the legal/political section in the "OFF alert" thread concerning banning CHL's from public schools. I have received replies back from a few of them and will post them up for your review.

As for Bi-Mart... I hope the clerk is mistaken (or just plain outright wrong), but instead of playing the "typical angry/agressive gun owner" and threatening to cancel your membership, or never shopping there again, how about starting off by maybe letting them know that you know (or suspect) & recognize they are trying to (although misguidedly) show how they "put people before profits" as so many on this site bemoan "greedy corporations".

This is as much a war of "images & perceptions" as anything else, and acting like a knee-jerk jack-hole spouting off sophomoric retorts in an email to Bi-Mart will do nothing to sway the opinions and actions of anti-gun leaning people and politicians. Bi-Mart executives just might feel like they're "between a rock and a hard place", as they are a variety store, not just a gun & ammo store...again, its a war of "images & perceptions" and that can make or break a company.

Some of you should consider thinking about how you approach this volitile subject, because just about every humanbeing switches off their hearing the instant you piss them off, which is a waste of everyone's time and its self-defeating.

I certainly hope this doesn't pan out to be true, and that the clerk is mistaken.

Bimart is a HEAVY republican company. My buddy was a HR rep there. They all but said make sure you vote for george W both times. So, go easy on them. They are doing it right most of the time. It's better than Dicks!

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads