JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One other nice thing about cartridges like .308 is the ability to shoot something like .32 H&R using a chamber adapter, for small game.

For a while bullets like the 125gr Ballistic Tip were recommended for self defense. Even better to get a bonded bullet, for shooting through stuff, which happens in defense shooting. Personally I've not had a lot of luck getting my hands on bonded bullets though. Anybody have a good source?

I suppose the whole point of .308 is that it is going to be effective almost no matter what you shoot in it, although I agree with avoiding FMJ where possible. Problem is, it's hard (and expensive) to accumulate anything other than FMJ in thousand-round cases...

Are they hand loads?

Care to share the info?

Seruuosly never gave this a lot of though, so I could invest in some mags full of better choice ammo. Figured it was going fast, could get through light armor, and is fairly inexpensive to gather a bunch.
I buy commercial ammo for self-defense and most hunting.

My hand-loaded ammo is light loads I made - such as pistol powder with dacron on top of the powder and a light projectile, many of the projectiles are hard cast lead with gas checks. They are light recoil and low sound/flash and accurate enough out to 100 yards as I would probably use them at distances under 100 yards - to take rabbits and such.

I am keeping my eyes open for some Trail Boss so I can work up some more light loads, this time without dacron - but the dacron does work just fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top