JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those all sound like offensive calibers.

Also I have heard many stories of Natives shooting and killing huge polar bears with .22 single shot rifles with long and even short cartridges shot in the side of the head at very close range. Beware the person with only one gun, they just might know how to use it.

I have seen more than one, tall, walking upright close to large trees, with dark and light brown long hair, not bears, the overwhelming sense is to leave them alone. Both looked right at me and immediately went directly away making it not look difficult, though the terrain was steep. Brought a friend to the same place a week or so later, he saw one of them uphill of us, as did I. Later asked what he thought... only word mentioned was "Tall." Dude really didn't want to talk about it. I don't either, and neither would any of you chuckle heads if one looked in your eyes. Only stating human beings don't need a weaponized defense against them. Not a lost link, the last relic, or an exotic. The Original Native, here before all of us and maybe even after, armed with stones and sticks, never messed with nobody that wasn't messing with them.

Sure, squeeze off however many whatever it takes when jumped but if they wanted to hurt people we wouldn't stand a chance.

Heard an account of two guys bear hunting early season Northern California, riding ATV's with .44 mag revolvers. Supposedly had seen a few in previous seasons, kind of had it in their heads to try and take one if possible. Allegedly eventually did drop one out of a group, decided sticking around was probably not the thing to do. Seemed humanish, were unsure of the exact laws perhaps pertaining, and the other two departed but were possibly getting their friends and relatives. Was gone when ATV riders returned with their own friends.

That map is showing the Sekiu coastal area. Just go buy some .22 longs and a single shot rifle, but it's basically murder to kill one.
They are out looking for mushrooms and a place to enjoy them, maybe take a few of the best ones back to share or swap.

Those all sound like offensive calibers.

Also I have heard many stories of Natives shooting and killing huge polar bears with .22 single shot rifles with long and even short cartridges shot in the side of the head at very close range. Beware the person with only one gun, they just might know how to use it.

I have seen more than one, tall, walking upright close to large trees, with dark and light brown long hair, not bears, the overwhelming sense is to leave them alone. Both looked right at me and immediately went directly away making it not look difficult, though the terrain was steep. Brought a friend to the same place a week or so later, he saw one of them uphill of us, as did I. Later asked what he thought... only word mentioned was "Tall." Dude really didn't want to talk about it. I don't either, and neither would any of you chuckle heads if one looked in your eyes. Only stating human beings don't need a weaponized defense against them. Not a lost link, the last relic, or an exotic. The Original Native, here before all of us and maybe even after, armed with stones and sticks, never messed with nobody that wasn't messing with them.

Sure, squeeze off however many whatever it takes when jumped but if they wanted to hurt people we wouldn't stand a chance.

Heard an account of two guys bear hunting early season Northern California, riding ATV's with .44 mag revolvers. Supposedly had seen a few in previous seasons, kind of had it in their heads to try and take one if possible. Allegedly eventually did drop one out of a group, decided sticking around was probably not the thing to do. Seemed humanish, were unsure of the exact laws perhaps pertaining, and the other two departed but were possibly getting their friends and relatives. Was gone when ATV riders returned with their own friends.

That map is showing the Sekiu coastal area. Just go buy some .22 longs and a single shot rifle, but it's basically murder to kill one.
They are out looking for mushrooms and a place to enjoy them, maybe take a few of the best ones back to share or swap.

I don't think they're a gentle hairy giant, I've ran into them a few times and if you get in the wrong place at the wrong time they get aggressive. Have you herd of missing 411, people go missing and I don't think it's lost hikers.i do think they travel in family groups and depending on the size of the group you could be in some real trouble if you hurt one.

Re self defense calibers for bigfoot. I think the issue is more the gun than the caliber. You will need a rifle designed for people shooting with gloves so that the trigger guard is big enough for your supersized finger.

Tell us about your strange occurrence???

I used to work for Ferrellgas when I was in college, so it was around `98 or so. We had the contract to fill all of the Idaho DOT propane tanks at their machine shops along Hwy 12 from Orofino up to the Montana border during the winter. It was a long day, leaving Moscow in the early morning and coming back after dark.

When I got past Orofino, a blizzard blew in and visibility was poor with heavy snow and wind. I made it to the last DOT station and filled the tank then headed back down the road. I stopped at the Colgate Licks turnout to eat my lunch. There was a large parking area and a short walkway up to the hot springs where there was a memorial plaque and a flagpole.

I pulled the truck in and parked about 50' from the flagpole. I got out and went over to read the plaque about the man was left behind in the 1800's...

placard-1.jpg

I finished reading the plaque and got back into the warm truck and got my lunchbox out and started eating my sandwich. A few minutes later, I heard a very loud and sharp metallic ringing noise from the flagpole area. Weird.

Couldn't figure out what the sound was. Finished my lunch and went out to investigate. There lying in the snow a few feet from the aluminum flagpole was a rock about 6-8" across that had been thrown, hit the flagpole, and rolled off to the side. It appeared that someone, or something, had thrown a 10-15lb rock and hit the flagpole. No tracks near the flagpole, and the treeline was a good 25-30 yards away.

This was in the middle of nowhere, in a very remote area, where I hadn't seen another vehicle for more than an hour, and no other vehicles at the turnout. No town or residence for 20 miles.

I got that creepy feeling with the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. I returned to the truck and got the heck out of there. No idea what had happened.

Years later, I was watching some Bigfoot show or documentary and they said that Bigfoots would throw large rocks to warn off intruders.

So, I don't know what happened. Maybe a giant ape-like creature threw a rock at the flagpole to scare me off, or maybe some crazy person with incredible upper body strength managed to hurl a large rock 75' from the cover of the treeline for the heck of it.

My brother is now a Detective and used to be the Woods Patrol deputy for Latah county in Idaho. He's logged thousands of miles in the back roads of Idaho and says he's never encountered anything and is skeptical.

My best friend is a former SERE instructor and spent countless nights in the woods of Eastern Washington training pilots how to survive in the wilderness, He believes, but won't talk about it. Just showed me his map with the Sasquatch on it and said there's a reason it's on there...

IMG_20160815_035645070.jpg

IMG_20160815_035655274.jpg

IMG_20160815_035704489.jpg

Same in Skamania County, WA. Sasquatch is protected species. Loggers, unfortunately, are not.

Just cause it's an intellectual exercise, let's say someone did bring in a bi-pedal, ape like creature. As long as s/he didn't call it a Sasquatch or "Bigfoot", I'd love to see that court case. Since they can't define the creature, how would they make that stick?
Kind of like how the market for designer drugs stays ahead of the law. Call it synthetic marijuana or bath salts and you are good till the .gov finds the formula and adds to the list.

P.S. Those ordinances where all written April 1st. ;)

Last Edited:
In Oregon, it's illegal to hunt or trap anything not specifically listed and permitted. So Bigfoot is automatically protected, and no exact description would be required. Capturing, confining, or transporting one would presumably also be illegal. If Bigfoot exists, it must be extraordinarily rare. I can't really relate to anyone wanting to kill one except in self defense. And capturing rare endangered creatures seems to often result in their deaths. In addition, while we dont have positive evidence bigfoot exists, we do know bigfoot fakers exist. Anyone who thought they were shooting a bigfoot might accidentally kill a human bigfoot faker.

If you run into a huge heap of possible bigfoot turds, for goodness sakes take a sample and get it to an appropriate lab. Such a sample would contain shed cells from the bigfoot. These days, with such a sample one could get an entire genome sequence, decipher the exact relationship of the creature to modern humans, Neanderthals, Denisoviches, modern and ancient apes, bears, etc. Could also of course get good info about its diet. All without harming or bothering any bigfoots. Or without telling anyone exactly where sample was collected except in a general way. (For the protection of the bigfoots.)

A huge pile of feces might be a bear, or a spot where someone dumped a latrine bucket. Or, if near a road, illegally emptied an RV sewage holding tank. I'd be much more interested in a huge pile that was not near a road or human campsite.

Best way to collect sample would be to scoop it into a clean container without touching or breathing dust from it so as to minimize contamination with modern human DNA. (As well as avoid getting any parasites or diseases it might carry.) If it were me, I'd collect lots. Then break up into a number of samples when I got it home, enough to send to many different labs. Id do this outdoors. Then I'd freeze samples while I figured out exactly who to send it to and made arrangements. I'd want to send the samples to lots of places, not just one. Geneticist David Reich, at Harvard med school, the world expert on deciphering ancient human genomes, would be where I would start. His email address is on the internet, as is true for virtually all university faculty.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top