JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20190523_000952.jpg

I agree with the basics of what you are saying. The issue I have is the belief that if a scientist hasn't proved it, that it is false, when it is simply an unknown.
I generally agree with you, actually. As professional scientists go, I tend more towards reservations about the unproved rather than the more normal outright skepticism. Probably in part because I'm a biologist. (Geneticist by training. Plant breeder by practice.) And lay people have and do make huge contributions to biology, especially natural history, drug discovery, and animal behavior. That's why you'll frequently see me asking people here to recount their experiences with animals extraordinary or ordinary, and listening very attentively. In my experience, there is still a lot science has yet to learn from experienced hunters and woodsmen.

Last Edited:
Science is more dollars and power than knowledge, example climate change.

On Bigfoot, my vote is a solid Maybe.
I'd say the course of scientific progress is indeed hugely influenced by money, power, and personalities. And sometimes entire fields go in wrong directions for decades. In the long run, though, knowledge wins. Fields of "science" that are more money and power or myth or religion than knowledge get ultimately rejected because they dont work, and dont produce or predict anything. Or kill their practitioners. Such as astrology or alchemy, for example.

Last Edited:
As for the question : Is bigfoot real..?
I don't know...
I know that I ain't seen any bigfeets running around when I am in the woods...but what does that really mean...?

Personally I am not ready to outright dismiss the idea of bigfoot...but I also ain't ready to up and join Bigfoot Research Institute either...:D
I have heard too many stories of Bigfoot encounters from trustworthy folk to just write 'em off as mistakes in identifying a animal and such...
Much like firearms and gun owners , Bigfoot encounter stories and Bigfoot believers suffer from hoaxes , media stereotyping , misinformation and just tons of made up BS....All of which does nothing to help.
Andy

Awhile ago some guy in Colorado claimes he was raped by a bigfoot.
Probably walking out in the mountains with ape in heat scent smeared on his behind.
What ever works.
I'd like to of seen a video of that occurance.

You know the old saying, Big feet, big you know what. OUCH!

I've always though that Big Feet means...

...big shoes? Wonder what a Samsquanch's shoe size would be?

The responses from some of the skeptics astound me. Do you really believe that a dead body has never been recovered? Then you probably also believe that the government has your best interest in mind. At ALL times.

I'm not going to get into all the conspiracy theory BS, but do a little research on the Ohio mounds. Settlers have been unearthing giant hominid skeletons a long time ago, only to have the remains claimed by "official sources". Namely the Smithsonian. I can't imagine what their archives contain.
Raiders of the lost arc proportions.

But hey, you're free to believe what you want.
It's easier to believe if the one attempting to convince provides a bit of legitimate evidence rather than making the assumption anyone being a skeptic is simply ignorant.

It's easier to believe if the one attempting to convince provides a bit of legitimate evidence rather than making the assumption anyone being a skeptic is simply ignorant.

I think a majority of Bigfoot believers are a bit "off" and are also very likely to believe in some pretty crazy conspiracy theories. But there are also a lot of people who believe based on personal experience and having talked with very credible eye-witnesses.

I'm a believer, but I completely understand why someone wouldn't. There are some very valid scientific reasons why Bigfoot shouldn't exist or why a lot of folks are absolutely positive that he doesn't exist. It doesn't hurt my feelings if you don't believe. I understand the skepticism.

I've been on other gun boards and when the topic comes up, the most vocal non-believers were from areas where there is no wilderness.

A person from Iowa simply can't comprehend the vastness of the wilderness out here. The idea that a giant ape-like creature can run around the woods and not be found is beyond their comprehension because their idea of wilderness is 100 acres of oak trees where you run into half a dozen other people on a Sunday stroll. I know because I lived in Iowa.

Then they get on a gun forum and trash talk based on their limited knowledge of the ecosystems out here.

Try explaining to someone how you often are in areas with no paved roads or towns for 50 miles in any direction and they simply can't grasp the vastness of the wilderness out here.

Of course, there have been hundreds of sightings in areas with very, very limited wooded areas with lots of people, so, who knows?

I will believe it when I see it. Let me know when someone has tangible proof - so far none.

OTOH - never seen a bear in the wild, but I know they are out there.

On the other other hand - I've seen bears in zoos.

Nobody believed in black swans either until they encountered them.

To each their own.

I think a majority of Bigfoot believers are a bit "off" and are also very likely to believe in some pretty crazy conspiracy theories. But there are also a lot of people who believe based on personal experience and having talked with very credible eye-witnesses.

I'm a believer, but I completely understand why someone wouldn't. There are some very valid scientific reasons why Bigfoot shouldn't exist or why a lot of folks are absolutely positive that he doesn't exist. It doesn't hurt my feelings if you don't believe. I understand the skepticism.

I've been on other gun boards and when the topic comes up, the most vocal non-believers were from areas where there is no wilderness.

A person from Iowa simply can't comprehend the vastness of the wilderness out here. The idea that a giant ape-like creature can run around the woods and not be found is beyond their comprehension because their idea of wilderness is 100 acres of oak trees where you run into half a dozen other people on a Sunday stroll. I know because I lived in Iowa.

Then they get on a gun forum and trash talk based on their limited knowledge of the ecosystems out here.

Try explaining to someone how you often are in areas with no paved roads or towns for 50 miles in any direction and they simply can't grasp the vastness of the wilderness out here.

Of course, there have been hundreds of sightings in areas with very, very limited wooded areas with lots of people, so, who knows?
I know a legit person who owns an Archery shop who swears he saw one deep into the Warm Springs Indian res one winter. I also have been in a well known bigfoot area where there was complete silence..not even a raven and the hairs on my neck were bristling along with the goose bumps...I had no idea why, but everything went quiet and was creepy as heck.

I'm not attempting to convince anyone of anything.

My response is regarding the skeptics "arguments" which are easily rebuked.

I have nothing to prove and know that they exist.

Again, to each their own.

I personally think bigfoot would carry a 500 s&w Magnum in the woods.

He's a pretty big dude and could even conceal an X frame in a pinch.

The 500 has a lot more stopping power than other calibers which bigfeet tend to like. Or was that stomping power they liked?

Either way, bigfoot isn't recoil sensitive like most people believe. Ammo cost isn't a concern, he could easily pay for training ammo with all the treasure he's hoarded from hikers.

I was at a halloween party once where a couple furries party crashed. They didn't quite expect that the guy carrying a hand and a half sword in a belt sheath would draw it and charge. That was a great evening.
Oregon still has a season! Be careful after July 1,2019 if you are in California. There latest Demorat firearms law that takes affect is " it shall be against the law to use and possess any bullets that have lead in them." It used to be those areas where Condors may live were lead free area areas, now it's the entire state. No wonder no one in the firearms industry no longer will do business in the state. All the ammo, must be sold and bought from a FFL dealer with a background check. No ammo to be sold through the mail. I understand if you get caught transporting across state lines, it's possible for terrorism charges to be had? Thing I know, why it's called Commiefornia. Can recall when it wasn't a half bad place to live. I avoid travel there when possible!

I really think that something with a solid copper projectile is needed for penetration. Getting thru a yeti breastplate may take something higher velocity like a 5.7 with steel core.

Also, like the modern day urban Velociraptor, the PNW Bigfoot is a pack hunter. So capacity is a big concern. Jurassic Park demonstrated that even though the SPAS-12 is powerful, it just isn't effective against these superior primordial powers.

I believe that only a skilled Ronin with a proper melee weapon, such as the Zombie Tools Sharkalope, can ultimately slay the elusive missing link.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top