JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use magpul on my modern sporting rifles. I am not sure how they are compared to others but work well for me as they should considering they run 50 to 60$ a piece. On a few of my rifles the components / add ons cost more than the rifle did..

I use a Midway USA CQB Single Point Rifle Sling, OD Cammo.

Also, a Magpul ASAP end plate adapter to attach it.

The sling is pretty simple, has a carabiner attachment with sheathing material over the carabiner for noiseless carry. I thought I would probably add a padded sleeve over the shoulder strap, but it's comfortable enough as is. Slick to adjust the strap, a good, simple rig. The company advertising says that the bungee has 3" of travel. About $20 + shipping.

My M-1A sports a model 1917, heavy leather military sling. Otherwise, my Colt H-BAR has the factory carry strap and hunting rifles carry leather sling straps. :)
I have the Midway one like yours. Very comfortable.

I run 3 types depending on the application. The first is a standard web 2 point on my FN FAL's and a couple AK's then on most of my AR rifle's I run Magpul MS3 GEN 2 multi mission sling and on a couple AR pistols a simple single point I do not remember the brand had them for years but they use a standard HK hook.

They really are, aren't they! They work great, and are a lot of sling for the money! Fixed income led me to try one and I'm sold! :)
I got mine on a Midway clearance. It was so cheap I was sure I'd try it once and give it away to a new shooter who wouldn't know the difference. :) I still have it. I forget whether it came with a QD but I have one on it now. I can switch it from gun to gun really easily.

For serious shooting and hiking/hunting, I prefer the old style fabric and brass/steel M-1, M-1A Match/Biathlon type. even on the AR, this is my GO TO set up. I learned to use a Sling the proper way and this has really served me well over the years. I do like the Mag-Pull MS-1 Multi sling, they offer plenty of adjustment QUICKLY and are still of the "Rifleman" style that I prefer. For a single point, I make my own using Black Hawk lock pins, and webbing and clips/sliders I get at the local marine supply store!

hands down, the best AR sling I've ever used is the SKT 2-point.

http://www.sktindustries.com/catalog/doc4.pdf

Amazing quality, it's been around for years, I think I bought mine back in 2010 from Scott at one of the WAC shows, A lot of places in the seattle area carry them, and if you can tell him what you want he'll make it for you.

I don't like single points, because they don't do a good job of controlling the muzzle and have a tendency to allow the gun to dangle which can make running while carrying something a difficult activity. The SKT sling has a tensioner so you can just pull the gun tight across your body, keeping it out of the way and off your knees. It doesn't really need padding due to the thickness of the nylon. All of his materials and hardware are top-notch.

I attach the sling to the single point adapter and then to a magpul loop that's fitted just forward of the delta-ring on my rail, so it's not quite the normal 2-point arrangement, and it's slightly similar to a 3-point sling, but without the extra material running across the gun.

I use the magpul ms3 on my ar and my shotgun. love that it's 1 or 2 point and the loop on it makes it really easy to loosen if it's tight on your back

20170305_235503.jpg

I bought a generic single/2 pt with a bungy that works for me and I will replace the quick clips with the quick disconnect when I get a free float rail to fit over the AA piston...?

Samson EVO is designed for the Adams piston. The EVO EXT has a shroud that extends around the gas block. The mounting method is very solid though I generally prefer non-clamp types (ALG system the best IMO). IIRC you have a carbine kit same as my builds, so an EVO 7 or EVO 7 EXT will fit perfectly.

Make sure your QD plugs and sockets are steel, as aluminum (frequently sockets) will wear and eventually fail.

Samson EVO is designed for the Adams piston. The EVO EXT has a shroud that extends around the gas block. The mounting method is very solid though I generally prefer non-clamp types (ALG system the best IMO). IIRC you have a carbine kit same as my builds, so an EVO 7 or EVO 7 EXT will fit perfectly.

Make sure your QD plugs and sockets are steel, as aluminum (frequently sockets) will wear and eventually fail.

You have a good memory it is indeed the carbine length piston. A few years ago (4 to be exact) the Samson FF rails were close to $300 & I balked but they have come down in price so I just may jump on the EVO EX, it looks SAWEEET!!!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top