JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I was wondering what people use for slings on their rifles- specifically an AR platform. What are some of your favorite slings and why?

Currently, I use a 1 point voodoo tactical on my 6920 and like it a lot, my 870 has a magpul two point, and I have a 2 point paracord sling that I got off of amazon on my SR25. I like them all but would like to make the most informed decision on my next sling purchase.

I have another AR15 and would like to put a sling on it but I'm not sure which one to go with. It's a 14.5" mid length AR with standard mil spec 6 position stock on it and magpul handguard.

Thank you for taking the time to read and post,

Raidingtime

I find a two point more comfortable on a rifle. It seems to put less pressure on my neck. I like the extra stability and the flexibility to carry in different positions. With an AR pistol I like a single point for the simplicity.

i have a "tactical" 2pt sling found on amazon for $15 (quick adjust and QD attachments). My ONLY complaint is that I think the webbing is a lil flimsy, but that can easily be replaced.

I really like my Vickers 221 padded sling from Blue Force Gear. It's very well made and the padding is not that thick and definitely adds some comfort when standing around on the range during classes or training. I went with the regular quick release verses the RED swivel. I honestly have not used the one point configuration but I like the fact that I have the option for a couple of dollars extra.

Vickers 221 Sling - The Fastest 2 to 1 Point Convertible Weapon Sling

After playing the sling configuration game, anything someone else uses or recommends means nothing. Like anything (women come to mind) else, buy it, slip into it, sell it until you find what works.

NEXT :D

Two points a better if you're going to be running around I like the single point harness attach right behind the castle nut for just hanging there but if you have to walk or run I would go with two points

Turner Saddlery Service Rifle National Match Biothane all weather sling. This is
a shooting sling used to stabilize the rifle in sitting and prone positions.:rolleyes: Turner
Saddlery is a high quality sling that the majority of competitors use.
p_749006281_3.jpg

If we are talking about a AR sling. My preference is the Magpul MS1 with QD push button swivels and a Single point adapter. The reason I prefer the MS1 is how the sling adjusts, I prefer to pull toward my body to loosen and push away from my body to tighten.

I have Magpul STR stocks on my AR's and 1 QD attachment point on the first 3 inches of the rail on the handguard. With this setup I can easily have a 2 point sling or a one point sling in a matter of seconds. I also can remove this sling and attach it to any other rifle with QD sockets in seconds.

I wasted $$$ on a Magpul sling I don't like. That pissed me off. So I ordered some 1.5" nylon webbing and a pile of plastic buckles and made my own. Now I have a sling that's exactly what I want for pennies on the dollar.

I use a Midway USA CQB Single Point Rifle Sling, OD Cammo.

Also, a Magpul ASAP end plate adapter to attach it.

The sling is pretty simple, has a carabiner attachment with sheathing material over the carabiner for noiseless carry. I thought I would probably add a padded sleeve over the shoulder strap, but it's comfortable enough as is. Slick to adjust the strap, a good, simple rig. The company advertising says that the bungee has 3" of travel. About $20 + shipping.

My M-1A sports a model 1917, heavy leather military sling. Otherwise, my Colt H-BAR has the factory carry strap and hunting rifles carry leather sling straps. :)

Last Edited:
I don't like the slick seat belt material that some use.
Some have crappy hardware and funky design.

Blue Force Gear for the win !
Good schitt and deign everywhere you look.

Last Edited:
Have you tried padded vs non padded? How does the padded model feel for shooting when using the sling as a stabilizer?
I haven't tried the regular nylon version but the padding is only on the rear portion of the sling so there is plenty of material to wrap around your arm or however you choose to stabilize.

I use my sling as a holster. I don't think the tactical slings with the slider are really meant for stabilizing but I'm sure it would work. I've seen some people mark there's at different spots to get repeatable tension for different tasks but I have no idea how well it works.

I use a magpul ms3. They come in different configurations for your specific rifle setup.
It allows me to convert from a 2 point to a single point in under 5 seconds. No issues in the 5 years I've been using it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top