JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who is the King of the 7.62x51 Hill?

• M1 Garand - Won The Big One, What More Do You Want?

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • M1A - Piston Perfection You Commie!

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • FAL - The Free World's Right Arm

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • HK G3/PTR-91 - Roller Delayed Blowback Perfection

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • AR-10/AR308 - The 60 Year Old FNG

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • I'll Stick With My 30-06 Springfield Boltie, Thank You

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Other - Please tell us what and why

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • 308 Galil - Keepin it Kosher

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • FN SCAR 17

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Kel-Tec RFB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Since I am now an Old Coot but was once kinda rich and a whole lot stupid I have owned and shot every one of those guns except the rare old original AR10 which I did shoot but did not own. Full auto

I Voted for the FN LAR because like already said before me better the Saiga 7.62X51 AK 47 was not on the list. I have one all done up 922(r) compliant and one 8 year old NIB in the safe in original configuration.

About the only thing against 'Maxine Max Blast', (the AKs NAME!) is that the 16.3 inch barrel is a tad too short. The report and flash is impressive. A Vortex flash hider greatly helps. The Saiga is a keeper.

Respectfully. All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. Also 922(r) rules.

I fully disagree next to the AK the FAL was the used by the most countries. Your welcome to be wrong.

The FAL was used by many countries, but only a little over 2 million were produced. The G3, used by fewer countries than the FAL, saw over 7 million produced. Just my two cents.

E

Last Edited:
The FAL was used by many countries, but only a little over 2 million were produced. The G3, used by fewer countries than the FAL, saw over 7 million produced. Just my two cents.

E
I was never a fan of sheet metal receivers or the forward cocking lever location. Really not a fan of the roller locking mechanism. Guess I am just not a fan of the H&k. I am certain the FAL has it's detractors but so far I like my two a lot.

I prefer the M14/M1A. All are good and have owned several different ones in the past. For my I just find that M1As are easiest to manipulate left handed. I also have M14 magazines and gear up the wazoo...

That's gotta hurt, try squatting and then sneeze really hard.

(BTW- That's going in the, "Members quotes taken out of context" thread.... LOL)

:D

I was never a fan of sheet metal receivers or the forward cocking lever location. Really not a fan of the roller locking mechanism. Guess I am just not a fan of the H&k. I am certain the FAL has it's detractors but so far I like my two a lot.

I'm going to guess the sheet metal receiver is why more G3's were produced than FAL's. Cheaper to produce....much like the various AK rifles. FAL is a fine rifle, even if it isn't as sexy as a HK. :D

E

Y'all are embarrassing yourselves.... .308 Galil (mic drop). :D

View attachment 377112 View attachment 377113
Y'all are just jeally 'cuz .308 Galil's are like hens teeth and cost as much as a commuter car. ;):D

You forgot the Galil's most importaint feature... FFF58B04-3C88-4D22-A8C2-29FC3CF39BE9-2581-000004B3A40CB26E_tmp.jpg
There's your Mic drop!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads