JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who is the King of the 7.62x51 Hill?

• M1 Garand - Won The Big One, What More Do You Want?

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • M1A - Piston Perfection You Commie!

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • FAL - The Free World's Right Arm

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • HK G3/PTR-91 - Roller Delayed Blowback Perfection

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • AR-10/AR308 - The 60 Year Old FNG

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • I'll Stick With My 30-06 Springfield Boltie, Thank You

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Other - Please tell us what and why

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • 308 Galil - Keepin it Kosher

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • FN SCAR 17

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Kel-Tec RFB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Since I am now an Old Coot but was once kinda rich and a whole lot stupid I have owned and shot every one of those guns except the rare old original AR10 which I did shoot but did not own. Full auto

I Voted for the FN LAR because like already said before me better the Saiga 7.62X51 AK 47 was not on the list. I have one all done up 922(r) compliant and one 8 year old NIB in the safe in original configuration.

About the only thing against 'Maxine Max Blast', (the AKs NAME!) is that the 16.3 inch barrel is a tad too short. The report and flash is impressive. A Vortex flash hider greatly helps. The Saiga is a keeper.

Respectfully. All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. Also 922(r) rules.

I fully disagree next to the AK the FAL was the used by the most countries. Your welcome to be wrong.

The FAL was used by many countries, but only a little over 2 million were produced. The G3, used by fewer countries than the FAL, saw over 7 million produced. Just my two cents.

E

Last Edited:
The FAL was used by many countries, but only a little over 2 million were produced. The G3, used by fewer countries than the FAL, saw over 7 million produced. Just my two cents.

E
I was never a fan of sheet metal receivers or the forward cocking lever location. Really not a fan of the roller locking mechanism. Guess I am just not a fan of the H&k. I am certain the FAL has it's detractors but so far I like my two a lot.

I prefer the M14/M1A. All are good and have owned several different ones in the past. For my I just find that M1As are easiest to manipulate left handed. I also have M14 magazines and gear up the wazoo...

That's gotta hurt, try squatting and then sneeze really hard.

(BTW- That's going in the, "Members quotes taken out of context" thread.... LOL)

:D

I was never a fan of sheet metal receivers or the forward cocking lever location. Really not a fan of the roller locking mechanism. Guess I am just not a fan of the H&k. I am certain the FAL has it's detractors but so far I like my two a lot.

I'm going to guess the sheet metal receiver is why more G3's were produced than FAL's. Cheaper to produce....much like the various AK rifles. FAL is a fine rifle, even if it isn't as sexy as a HK. :D

E

Y'all are embarrassing yourselves.... .308 Galil (mic drop). :D

View attachment 377112 View attachment 377113
Y'all are just jeally 'cuz .308 Galil's are like hens teeth and cost as much as a commuter car. ;):D

You forgot the Galil's most importaint feature... FFF58B04-3C88-4D22-A8C2-29FC3CF39BE9-2581-000004B3A40CB26E_tmp.jpg
There's your Mic drop!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top