JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who is the King of the 7.62x51 Hill?

• M1 Garand - Won The Big One, What More Do You Want?

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • M1A - Piston Perfection You Commie!

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • FAL - The Free World's Right Arm

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • HK G3/PTR-91 - Roller Delayed Blowback Perfection

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • AR-10/AR308 - The 60 Year Old FNG

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • I'll Stick With My 30-06 Springfield Boltie, Thank You

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Other - Please tell us what and why

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • 308 Galil - Keepin it Kosher

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • FN SCAR 17

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Kel-Tec RFB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I earned the Expert Rifle badge while in the Army .... Wore my Dad's badge that he earned , it was worth the occasional "gig" that I got from time to time...:D
Andy

That's just too cool, Andy! What a great heirloom! :) I'd take the gig too!
I have my grandfathers Grand Army of the Potomac (Civil War) medal. Hard to find an opportunity to wear it!

Just a bunch of short case bottom feeders...

But this, this is a man's rifle...

IMG_0756.JPG

Eh, they're good guns. Love them all. My Garand, FAL. The m1a's I've shot, the ar-10's. But there's just nothing like the classic .30-06 military bolt gun...

Also realizing that few of us have hands on experience with all of them so perception plays a big role as well. Sure do wish I'd have bought a FAL back in the 90's when you could get the good ones inexpensively.

Ive had a LOT of experience with them . Thats why I didnt pick the FAL.

The issue with gas leaking in a FAL is stopped by having the short gas tube instead of the long.

The long gas tube can work loose and gas can leak through the threads. In the short gas tube there's nowhere for the gas to leak.

I'll take my AR-10 because its what I own. Now if some of you guys let me shoot your toys I may have to buy one and that could change. :D

View attachment 377286[/QUOTE

You know, I did manage to bring my tricked out "National Match" FN/FAL with me!!!! And you do know you and Joe and every one else is more then welcome to try it out so you can see why the FAL is as good as every one says!!!

Scar 17 hands down.
Lightweight, accurate, reliable, and very mild recoil with or without pws comp.
Main complaint is that it is hard on optics.
I say don't put bubblegume optics on your 3k rifle

Scar 17 hands down.
Lightweight, accurate, reliable, and very mild recoil with or without pws comp.
Main complaint is that it is hard on optics.
I say don't put bubblegume optics on your 3k rifle
Guess FN wanted to keep that tradition with their rifles. The FAL is pretty hard on optics as well.

But then again those complaints could have been due to people buying cheap optics that have no place on a .308. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top