JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the tools, vise block, vise, armorerd block for pins.. to put a pinned FSB barrel on an upper receiver.
Here is best deal on A2 stripped upper. You can snap the rear sight parts from the carry handle on the BCA upper to populate the A2 upper.

Use code March2024 to get upper for $93

Add $27 worth of other items to get free shipping.
Little tidbit, the A3/A4 detachable carry handle rear sight assemblies are not quite compatible with A2 uppers. Different elevation length, different drum sizes because of the space needed to fit on a picatinny rail.
Edit, also different range settings

I have the tools, vise block, vise, armorerd block for pins.. to put a pinned FSB barrel on an upper receiver.

Little tidbit, the A3/A4 detachable carry handle rear sight assemblies are not quite compatible with A2 uppers. Different elevation length, different drum sizes because of the space needed to fit on a picatinny rail.
Edit, also different range settings
Try this one for $158 shipped after code.

had no idea.

I have nothing against BCA except Ive read bad reviews but maybe they are ok for budget builds?
BCA has earned a well deserved poor reputation. You mentioned that AR stoner barrel earlier. AR stoner is just midways "store brand" comprising a mix mash of suppliers. Their barrels happen to be supplied by BCA... and as you would expect... pretty much crap bottom of the barrel (pun intended), too.

AR Stoner "brand" is a real mixed bag. Some shtuff is pretty decent and other is just squirting money outta the poop choot.

If you just wanna blow smoke and can't afford anything else they "work", but kind of a waste of money in the long run, IMHO.

BCA has earned a well deserved poor reputation. You mentioned that AR stoner barrel earlier. AR stoner is just midways "store brand" comprising a mix mash of suppliers. Their barrels happen to be supplied by BCA... and as you would expect... pretty much crap bottom of the barrel (pun intended), too.

AR Stoner "brand" is a real mixed bag. Some shtuff is pretty decent and other is just squirting money outta the poop choot.

If you just wanna blow smoke and can't afford anything else they "work", but kind of a waste of money in the long run, IMHO.
Ha, thats pretty much what ive read about BCA...

Ive bought a few Stoner parts and they all worked but no AR rifle barrels.

I have the tools, vise block, vise, armorerd block for pins.. to put a pinned FSB barrel on
If that's the case... and you're not in a big rush... that opens up a lot more possibilities. Over the years I've been able to pick up some really nice deals on some "really" nice barrels from the classifieds. I've gotten good responses from WTB's as well from folks sitting on something their willing to let go but didn't necessarily feel like taking the time to post an ad themselves over.

Primary arms often has very nice sales on the BA barrels as well... if you're patient.

Just sayin... "budget" doesn't have to mean "cheap" if you're not in a rush.

If that's the case... and you're not in a big rush... that opens up a lot more possibilities. Over the years I've been able to pick up some really nice deals on some "really" nice barrels from the classifieds. I've gotten good responses from WTB's as well from folks sitting on something their willing to let go but didn't necessarily feel like taking the time to post an ad themselves over.

Primary arms often has very nice sales on the BA barrels as well... if you're patient.

Just sayin... "budget" doesn't have to mean "cheap" if you're not in a rush.
I have never once seen a pinned FSB barrel for sale at the local gun shows :s0140: some in classifieds though.

Ive bought a few Stoner parts and they all worked but no AR rifle barrels.
Yeah. I've bought my fair share of AR stoner small parts/components and never been disappointed, but more "complex" larger item shtuff (receivers, barrels, BCG's etc) I lost faith in.

If at all possible, research the actual supplier or take a pass is my approach.

I have never once seen a pinned FSB barrel for sale at the local gun shows :s0140: some in classifieds though.
MY BAD! I read your post as saying you have the tools to pin an FSB yourself.

Not... "I can mount an already pinned FSB". Sorry. :D

Never mind what I said then. I don't really see pinned barrels in the classifieds either... but it couldn't hurt to post a WTB,

MY BAD! I read your post as saying you have the tools to pin an FSB yourself.

Not... "I can mount an already pinned FSB". Sorry. :D

Never mind what I said then. I don't really see pinned barrels in the classifieds either... but it couldn't hurt to post a WTB,
Thats why I said if any of the others dont come with, then send to John at Retro arms works with my virgin A2 height FSB and possibly also the A2 upper if he suggests that as well (easier to get sights aligned properly?) Otherwise, it'll be a barrel that comes with a FSB pinned (Del-Ton, BA)

You would think that there should be tons of really cheap used uppers and barrels available for sale, since you can buy them so cheap new. That doesn't seem to be the case. In fact I seem some of the used cheap stuff going for more than new prices.

Edit: here is an example. This guy wants $425 for used BCA 308 side charging upper. Most of the new BCA 308 uppers are going for under $400 and occasionally for under $300.

Last Edited:
Thats why I said if any of the others dont come with, then send to John at Retro arms works with my virgin A2 height FSB and possibly also the A2 upper if he suggests that as well (easier to get sights aligned properly?) Otherwise, it'll be a barrel that comes with a FSB pinned (Del-Ton, BA)
You said that 2-1/2 hours ago. That's expecting quite a lot considering 15min ago I was standing in the kitchen and couldn't remember what I went there for in the first place. 🤣

Posting past beer 30... Know your audience.... :s0140:

$170-$195 A2 upper with everything but BCG and charging handle, plus whatever it'll cost for barrel with FSB or barrel and send in with virgin FSB to Retro Arms Works.. plus
$55ish for Surplus Ammo CBG, $15 for charging handle, $whatever for A2 handguards and gas tube... and A2 muzzle device. Should still be less than $ 500 for the upper?

had no idea.

I have nothing against BCA except Ive read bad reviews but maybe they are ok for budget builds?
I have at least 2 BCA uppers. 1 in 6.5 Grendel and 1 in .458 SOCOM. I have had no issues with either of them. Accuracy is fine for my intended uses. I didn't build them for mag dumps, though. That .458 makes cash register sounds every time you pull the trigger, even though I load my own.

I have at least 2 BCA uppers. 1 in 6.5 Grendel and 1 in .458 SOCOM. I have had no issues with either of them. Accuracy is fine for my intended uses. I didn't build them for mag dumps, though. That .458 makes cash register sounds every time you pull the trigger, even though I load my own.
Their prices for side charger uppers can't be beat. Even their rear charging uppers have a high value to price ratio. My main gripe with them is the elimination of the free shipping option and the fussiness around using discount codes. PSA competes well on the 5.56/223 stuff but on the other calibers not so much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top