JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who is the King of the 7.62x51 Hill?

• M1 Garand - Won The Big One, What More Do You Want?

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • M1A - Piston Perfection You Commie!

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • FAL - The Free World's Right Arm

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • HK G3/PTR-91 - Roller Delayed Blowback Perfection

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • AR-10/AR308 - The 60 Year Old FNG

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • I'll Stick With My 30-06 Springfield Boltie, Thank You

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Other - Please tell us what and why

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • 308 Galil - Keepin it Kosher

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • FN SCAR 17

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Kel-Tec RFB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
FAL. The gun the U.S should have gotten. Well, really because its just that everyone needs at least one FAL. Its the right arm of the free world. Hell, I wish I had one this past 4th of July.

Or get parts for a .308 Galil and build it. Will be cheaper but not by much. Most parts from the .223 will work. Parts that won't work are the barrel, bolt, trigger guard (needs to be modified, so its a sort of won't work), receiver, and magazine.

Course, you're still likely to treat it more like eye candy than actually shooting it. Like the SVD, the Galil in .308 is a gun I'd rarely shoot if I had one.

Go with the short tube gas system on the FAL.

Just don't get a FAL from CAI. Or any of the new DSAs. And don't dare say the new DSAs are as good as the old.

That aside I'm surprised the PTR and M1A didn't get more votes.

I am curious to know how a couple rifles chambered in 7.62 x 63 made it into the poll o_O

E

Great question - I knew the 30-06 crowd would crash the party due to the relationship between the two. Also, it's interesting to know how many favor it over the more modern 7.62x51

Guess the right arm of freedom is more favorable for the freedom minded individual. :D

Also realizing that few of us have hands on experience with all of them so perception plays a big role as well. Sure do wish I'd have bought a FAL back in the 90's when you could get the good ones inexpensively.

Also realizing that few of us have hands on experience with all of them so perception plays a big role as well. Sure do wish I'd have bought a FAL back in the 90's when you could get the good ones inexpensively.
I can't say much about everything in the poll, but I did have a little trigger time with the big 3. I liked the FAL most, but I liked all 3.

I'll take my AR-10 because its what I own. Now if some of you guys let me shoot your toys I may have to buy one and that could change. :D

5D6875E8-305C-4391-B7A2-F6AA76CD6AA1 (1).JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads