JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So. I know for AR15 barrels its largely "you get what you pay for"; but.. just spitballing here..

So budget friendly barrels..

Supposing A2 fixed upper, A2 front sight tower to install...
Gas Length, Rifle.
Caliber, 5.56

Barrel lengths, 18" to 20".

Color, black preferred.
In stock much preferred

Brands...

Bear Creek-Only 20" heavy. Needs front sight install. 4150 CMV Nitride

KAK's OE series 18" rifle gas, needs front sight install, 4150 CMV Nitride

KAK Govt pencil 20" rifle-needs to send in for front sight base install, chrome lined 41v50 phosphate

Del-Ton , 20" 1:9 4150 CMV, has FSB installed

Ballistic Advantage 18" OPS 12 CRMO currently out of stock on pinned FSB options :(

I don't know how much John at Retro Arms Works will charge to install FSB on the the two options that don't have FSB install options.

Bear Creek 20" heavy profile, $118.99

KAK OE 18", $139.95

KAK govt 20", $199.99-chrome lined

Del-Ton 20", $152.50 or $153.25 (no chrome to chrome lined)

Ballistic Advantage 18", $185.00
Depending on what install cost is on FSB, I would consider ordering this complete upper with bcg/ch. Then sell the parts you don't want. Gunsmiths don't work cheap these days.

As to why I'm even thinking this.. I have a PSA M16A2 GOVT marked joke semi-only lower that needs an upper. I already have a 16" Midlength A2, a 16" flat top carbine with "mock" (more like original Bushmaster) Dissipator setup, and a registered 12" C7 SBR :s0140:

Edit. I no want flat tops.

Lets see. What do I already have to go towards this build..

PSA M16A2 Government Property marked lower

A2 grip (they seem to multiply)

Rifle length buffer tube assembly and Doublestar Ace Fixed skeletal stock (could swap for just A2 stock and spacer)

Surplus Ammo BCG

A2 height virgin front sight tower/base

So looks like if I build out the lower first, then all I'd really need is an A2 upper plus barrel and CH.

As to why I'm even thinking this.. I have a PSA M16A2 GOVT marked joke semi-only lower that needs an upper.
On sale complet A3 upper exactly what you want $450. (reg: $660).

I have no experience myself but Ive never read a good review of BCA anything. I have used AR Stoner parts and for budget brand they all work.

I have no experience myself but Ive never read a good review of BCA anything. I have used AR Stoner parts and for budget brand they all work.
UH. A2.. no flat tops... please? Lol

I see Delta Team Tactical offers an A2 upper with Rock River rear sight, Forward Assist, dust cover for $170; not sure if M4 feedramps.

Ive had great experience with M&A Parts' A2 upper with rear sight and M4 feedramps (its my 16" Midlength)

I do also see that JSE Surplus lists an A2 upper from $109(stripped basic black) to $239 (retro grey with A2 sight assembly, FA assembly, dust cover assembly)

The upper you linked to is the same upper I linked to. Why pay $450 when you can get the same upper for $270?

After all these years I might just have finally learned this... :p Im a modern tacticool flat topper myself but admit I always thought it would be cool to own a retro A1 whatever 16in commando AR.
M16 and M16A1 rear sight no elevation adjustments

A1 adds forward assist

A2 adds brass deflector bump, and new elevation adjustable rear sight assembly.

Canada C7 is A1 upper with brass deflector bump added. Marketed by Colt as "A2 upper with Field Sight"
Hopefully to make up for my blunder...

20inA2 upper complete assembly for $650, reg $830. These retro builds are expensive.

Out of stock now;

Backordered

JEEZ
:eek:

NOPE. :s0001:

BCA makes most of the AR Stoner products. They are the same uppers.

AR Stoner part #: 509-UA556RHB2017P-RHGFSCH

BCA part #: 509-UA556RHB2017P-RHGFSCH
had no idea.

I have nothing against BCA except Ive read bad reviews but maybe they are ok for budget builds?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top