JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Savage MK II. Cheap and accurate. I shoot mine at the OTC in Colorado Springs, and it will put 60 consecutive shots into 3/8" at50m (the size of the Olympic ten ring for 50m rifle).

Not bad for a $120 rifle.

It currently lives in a Boyd's Tacticool stock as seen below.

CIMG3654.jpg

10/22 with a Kidd barrel, Kidd trigger group, and Hogue stock, plus some elbow grease and sand paper to make it cycle smoother. Had lots of 10/22's over the years, but none, come remotely close to this setup.

Looking to add a couple 22 lr's , I know what I like and what I have(10/22's and Remington 597's) but in an effort to step outside my box I'd like to hear some input on what you guys use and why? thanks.

One with ammo in it is the best one....Really though, I have 10/22's and will NEVER knock them but I did just buy a S&W 15-22 and I have to admit it has been dead reliable and the funnest rifle I have bought or shot in a long,long time.:s0155:

Dang you Jluck this was an easy answer until you brought up the S&W 15-22. That is one seriously fun 22! I still prefer the 10/22 mod if I'm shooting wasps, but other than that, it's a close call.

For practical use, hard to beat the Ruger 10/22 take down. Put a scope on it and you can have fun plinking to 100 yards.
Most accurate straight out of the box for me is the Browning T-Bolt.

Winchester Models 1906, 61, 62, 74, 75, 9422

Henrys .22 Levers

Savage MKII series with my favorite being the FVT (Bull Barrel Target Peep Sights) put in a Boyds Tacticool stock

What I'd like to have in the future:
Savage Mark II-FV-SR because it will be a good suppressor host.
M&P 15-22 as others have said it would be fun and I could put a suppressor on it.
CZ455 because they are accurate, the wood stock is very nice, and I can change between a 22LR barrel and a .17 barrel

I can't decide, but I love all of mine, Marlin Model 10 Single shot bolt action, Browning SA22, Ruger 10/22 with a cheapo scope and a 1907 J stevens pump. Probably a toss up between the SA22 and the Marlin Model 10

I am 57 and have owned a 22 since I was 10. I cannot list all the ones I have owned over the years. My favorite is the Marlin 39A. It is reliable, great shooting and very accurate. It will shoot S,L and LR ammo. I own two now and have owned 2 others as well. The first one I got was when I was 14. I shot it so much that it completely wore out by the time I was 18. You could close the action and the lever would just fall down about 2 inches due to slack and wear. I would get a brick of 500 rounds for Christmas and another for my birthday on Feb 28th and I would buy all that I could afford in between. There must have been over 5000 rounds per year run through this gun and it was carried all over the woods and farm. I sent it back to Marlin and it was completely rebuild, re-blued and returned at no cost. It was and still is a great gun and a great company.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads