Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best 22LR rifle In your opinion and why?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Fishjeep, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Fishjeep

Fishjeep Vancouver Washington Member

Looking to add a couple 22 lr's , I know what I like and what I have(10/22's and Remington 597's) but in an effort to step outside my box I'd like to hear some input on what you guys use and why? thanks.

2. Tim K

Tim K Colorado Member

Savage MK II. Cheap and accurate. I shoot mine at the OTC in Colorado Springs, and it will put 60 consecutive shots into 3/8" at50m (the size of the Olympic ten ring for 50m rifle).

Not bad for a $120 rifle.

It currently lives in a Boyd's Tacticool stock as seen below.

CIMG3654.jpg

3. Eludnu

Eludnu Oregon Member

10/22 with a Kidd barrel, Kidd trigger group, and Hogue stock, plus some elbow grease and sand paper to make it cycle smoother. Had lots of 10/22's over the years, but none, come remotely close to this setup.

4. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

One with ammo in it is the best one....Really though, I have 10/22's and will NEVER knock them but I did just buy a S&W 15-22 and I have to admit it has been dead reliable and the funnest rifle I have bought or shot in a long,long time.:thumbup:

5. Eludnu

Eludnu Oregon Member

Dang you Jluck this was an easy answer until you brought up the S&W 15-22. That is one seriously fun 22! I still prefer the 10/22 mod if I'm shooting wasps, but other than that, it's a close call.

6. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Is this outside the box enough for you?

DSC_0090.jpg

Nothing like beltfed .22.

B.P. and (deleted member) like this.
  7. alg

alg Edmonds WA Member

For practical use, hard to beat the Ruger 10/22 take down. Put a scope on it and you can have fun plinking to 100 yards.
    Most accurate straight out of the box for me is the Browning T-Bolt.

8. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Winchester Models 1906, 61, 62, 74, 75, 9422

Henrys .22 Levers

Savage MKII series with my favorite being the FVT (Bull Barrel Target Peep Sights) put in a Boyds Tacticool stock

9. madmax

madmax woodburn Active Member

I'm a huge fan of the savage MKII and 93, great bolt action rimfires. If you like pumps the remington 572 is a awesome option

10. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

+1:gun09:

11. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Marlin 39/39A

12. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

What I'd like to have in the future:
    Savage Mark II-FV-SR because it will be a good suppressor host.
    M&P 15-22 as others have said it would be fun and I could put a suppressor on it.
    CZ455 because they are accurate, the wood stock is very nice, and I can change between a 22LR barrel and a .17 barrel

13. mattg521

mattg521 portland.,or Member

Henry lever action .22lr = too much fun and almost boring accuracy at iron sight ranges.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  14. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Budget- Savage MK2

No Budget- Remington 40x action, PTG bolt, have rebarreled with a heavy barrel, threaded, AICS, trigger upgrade and nice glass.

15. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

Browning SA22

16. B.P.

B.P. Gresham Member

I can't decide, but I love all of mine, Marlin Model 10 Single shot bolt action, Browning SA22, Ruger 10/22 with a cheapo scope and a 1907 J stevens pump. Probably a toss up between the SA22 and the Marlin Model 10

17. roycmontgomery

roycmontgomery Monticello Arkansas New Member

I am 57 and have owned a 22 since I was 10. I cannot list all the ones I have owned over the years. My favorite is the Marlin 39A. It is reliable, great shooting and very accurate. It will shoot S,L and LR ammo. I own two now and have owned 2 others as well. The first one I got was when I was 14. I shot it so much that it completely wore out by the time I was 18. You could close the action and the lever would just fall down about 2 inches due to slack and wear. I would get a brick of 500 rounds for Christmas and another for my birthday on Feb 28th and I would buy all that I could afford in between. There must have been over 5000 rounds per year run through this gun and it was carried all over the woods and farm. I sent it back to Marlin and it was completely rebuild, re-blued and returned at no cost. It was and still is a great gun and a great company.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  18. roycmontgomery

Cool what is it and where do I get one.

19. roycmontgomery

Cool what is it and where do I get one.

20. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

The upper is a Lakeside Razorback. AR lower. KNS spade grips. EoTech sight. German AA tripod. Custom home built ammo can holder. Custom built can divider to hold 3 belts in a .30 cal can.