JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite 22 LR is my SA22. And yes I shoot it. You can't see the wood and gold plating when you look down the sights.

That is one beautiful SA22 ! What Grade is it?

I wanted one since I was about 12. Recently purchased a lightly used Grade 1 that really shoots great.

So fishjeep what do you think? 10/22? 9422? maybe a SA22? You don't need a grade VI. I see a basic Browning SA22 for sale in classified section.
An all steel 22 is nice. But no reason an aluminum frame gun wont give a lifetime of service. I know you would not regret the winchester 9422 if you can hunt one down. And you will make money when you sell it. I know a Henry would not do it for me. But many love their henry guns.
I guess it all boils down to what type of person you are. We all justify what we spend on something. Thats why there are so many 22's out there. If it makes you happy then that is all that maters. They are all fun guns.
You could buy 5 or 6 like I did. They are cheep to shoot. So why not get a few? Be sure to get a 22 magnum too. So much more power,it will surprise you.

CZ is my favorite when shooting for groups or practicing from field postitions. 10/22 is great for general plinking.

IMG_0872.jpg

Best 22LR rifle in your opinion?

Ruger 10/22 of course. Reason, I own one. Tried out a Mossberg 702 plinkster, didn't care for it. Magazine didn't go in smooth, and the stock was too thin for my likings. The ruger seems "Just Right". (10/22 Sporter Deluxe)

If you are looking for the best .22 there are several that come to my mind that are very accurate and the type of rifle that you would want to pass along as a family heirloom. The following are what I consider the top 6 in no specific order:
1) Marlin 39A or Marlin 39A Golden
2) Kimber K-22 Classic or Kimber Model 82
3) Cooper Model 57 Custom Classic
4) Anschutz Model 1710 D
5) Winchester Model 63
6) CZ452

My savage bolt gun with just a trigger job will out shoot my $700.00 custom 10/22.

At a recent Appleseed, I scored several points higher on my Rifleman qualification with a mostly stock 10/22 carbine (upgraded with Tech Sights open sights) than I did with my Colt 6920 with Aimpoint Pro optic.

Keith

I own or have owned several of the 22s mentioned above and they all have their merits. My current favorite is a Cmmg AR upper. It is a hoot to shoot and it turns out it is damn accurate to boot. With Aquilla subsonic ammo it will put 10 shots into 1 hole at 25 yds all day. Can't wait to ring it out at 50 and 100 yds. Also honorable mention goes to the Savage MkII fvsv. A lot of inherent accuracy for the money in a bolt gun.

I may be old fashioned, but I really like the old pump rifles. I have a 100+ year old Remington model 12A and it's my favorite .22 rifle.

You are talking about their entry level lever gun, but you are both mischaracterizing and in error with your statement.
I'm glad to hear that Henry makes better rifles, and/or has stepped up their game in quality. An acquaintance bought one brand new about a decade or so ago, and wanted me to take a look at it because it malfunctioned right out of the box.

I'm not a professional gunsmith, but I'm pretty handy at fixing things. It was the poorest, most pathetic excuse for a .22 rifle I had ever seen; way too much plastic and pot metal for me. I've never even taken a second look since then. I am glad to hear they are doing better now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top