JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marlin 7000!! (bull barrel version of the 795) the only down.side is the weak plastic trigger guard/pack one made of aluminum makes it one of my top tier 22s. Micro groove barrel makes for decent accuracy.

Winchester classic tube fed 22 autos and the MAS 45 trainer

Springfield Scout 22/410 gets honorable mention because it's just too cool a tool

The new MP44 .22LR, just because its so dang cool and looks almost exactly like the Sturmgewehr 44, The world's first successful assault rifle. I want one but after 2 AR builds and more ammo.

I like the looks of the Ruger break down stainless 10/22. Not really answering the question practically but just my thoughts. For me the BEST 22 will always be my first rifle: Remington Model 581 22LR.

Brutus Out

My friend got a 44, it is a hoot! It is definitely more finicky than my Sig 522, but with good ammo it has proven to be pretty darn reliable. It is a very convincing feeling brick of a firearm, and the mags are actually quite nice. You'll love it!

A CZ 452 if you can find one or the new 455 which is probably just as good. 50 yard quarter size groups right out of the box.
My CZ 452 Varmint .22LR

CZV16.jpg

Hmmmm, where do you start. Maybe a tricked out 10/22, or a Marlin Papoose (gotta love those break down rifles) or a take down 10/22 (and then either get a threaded barrel or get yours threaded for the suppressor :D), and last but not least (even though it isn't a .22LR specifically) my Marlin 717 (in 17HM2).

Remington Model 581 bolt action .22LR+ Bushnell Custom .22 3x7 scope+ Remington Yellow Jackets HP+ 110 yards down hill=one dead gopher with his guts blown out with about a 6 inch hold over hit him center of mass. :s0155:

I also love my Ruger Super Single 6 but I am going to upgrade the sights.

Brutus Out

You did say "Best" right.
Hands down it's a Weatherby Mark XXll with factory scope made in Italy by Beretta.
Beautiful, extremely accurate with adjustable trigger and selectable between semi auto and single fire.
Nicest .22 I have ever owned. Only problem was it was too nice to take out of the safe.

I've owned lots of .22's. Marlin model 60 being the crappiest, owned 3 and all were jammamatic. I like my Ruger 10-22 for repeated shooting but, I now have a favorite and will never get rid of it a Marlin bolt action tube fed. No semi-auto to worry about jamming and no magazine to lose or leave at home, and it has an acuutrigger similar to my Savage .17. It will shoot out a birds eye at 50 yards easy, and it will cycle shorts, longs, and long rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top