JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have both and would recommend the remmington for 2 simple reasons availability and variety of replacement/ aftermarket parts accessories, etc... The Benelli is nice but becuase it is not as widely popular as the remmington you just don't have as many choices for replacements or enhancements.

You're right I misread your original post. I have an 870. But I do have to say it is really TOUGH to find parts for my Benelli

Hands down the Benelli is a nicer gun. It has a chrome lined barrel and comes with two more chokes as well. Save yourself some money and get the normal Nova and add a limbsaver recoil pad.

SBE II
Hey 3 easy payments of $500 and you're there!

Don't know about the 887,but like skippy said,the parts are expensive for the Italian guns.
A barrel for a Remington is around $200 and the same is around $600 for the Benelli

But which one fits you best? Which one just comes to the shoulder sweet?

Know this is a semi dated post. Curious if you made your decision? Im a 870 owner (however retired it from waterfowl) and I shouldered a 887, and it felt like a toy gun... Cheaply made... Wasnt impressed at all. IMO Id put the 870 over 887, plus as mentioned the parts are so readily available.

However, I retired my 870 for a Stoeger m3500. I wanted a auto loader but didnt want to sell a kidney, got it for 580 out the door. They're also a Benelli brand... Its bagged me a lot of birds this year.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top