JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Indeed, my decades old go-to plinker/carry load that costs me probably $3/100 to make is a Semi-Wadcutter (Lee 105 or 140gr or a Lyman 133gr), in 9mm, loaded pretty hot. The closest though in my eyes inferior factory load to it is an Underwood or BB Woods or Outdoorsman load that cost $1/ea? or something.
Works for me.

Yep, back in 1980 when I bought first Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt a box of factory ammo was $17.00/ 50. I bought 2 boxes of ammo and a Lee challenger reloading kit. It didn't take me long to figure out I could make much better ammo for $7.00/100.

The point has been made...so move on.

Anymore trolling in this thread and you'll take full credit for its closure.

Back on topic please.

I consider reloading vs factory ammo to be real similar to cooking at home vs restaurants. It takes more time, but its better and cheaper for the same meal and cheaper for a better meal. Unless you factor in the cost of the pots and pans and utensils and appliances and a house.

Attack the argument, not the person.

Looks like for many of you you have a lucrative career in ammo manufacturing making hundreds of dollars an hour producing better quality ammo than the professionals.

So that begs the obvious question as to why not go into business with all this potential profit making a better product?

We all know the answer ..

And PS this is on top refuting nonsense economics arguments.

Attack the argument, not the person.

Looks like for many of you you have a lucrative career in ammo manufacturing making hundreds of dollars an hour producing better quality ammo than the professionals.

So that begs the obvious question as to why not go into business with all this potential profit making a better product?

We all know the answer ..
You going to contribute to the thread, or just keep coming back with snarky comments?

Perhaps you just want to have glee in shutting down a thread?

Great, so someone can't comprehend multiple requests to back off and let it go.

Thanks a lot *******. Yeah, I said that. :mad: (self edited, momentary lapse in judgement).

Thread closed.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR