JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice look to me. I like shiny gun wood, a minority opinion as was Mr. Weatherby. Nearly no new stuff is available with a shine, wood or metal. I lament shiny seems to have gone by the way side like polished black scopes and fine polished metal bluing.

Off the path, I know, I hope it's not an irritant, but I have a pound or so of tainted single base powder I have been toying with the idea of making some lacquer out of it.
Just because. (retired folks come up with stuff like that)
I also have some acetone.

Anyone done that?
Results or impressions ?
Mix? 10 - 1?
Remove this post or move this somewhere else if intruding?

Nice look to me. I like shiny gun wood, a minority opinion as was Mr. Weatherby. Nearly no new stuff is available with a shine, wood or metal. I lament shiny seems to have gone by the way side like polished black scopes and fine polished metal bluing.

Off the path, I know, I hope it's not an irritant, but I have a pound or so of tainted single base powder I have been toying with the idea of making some lacquer out of it.

Anyone done that?
Results or impressions ?
Mix? 10 - 1?
I have painted cars with lacquer but its been a long time. I dont even know where you'd get powdered nitrocellulose any more. I think they old Japaning method was basically the same thing.

Anyone done that?
Results or impressions ?
Mix? 10 - 1?
If I may be so bold as to ask, What is tainted, single base powder?

If I may be so bold as to ask, What is tainted, single base powder?
Acquired in a powder purchase, was a pound bottle that a small amount of some form of pistol powder inadvertently put in the wrong can, Hence; "tainted". At least for reloading use.
Was looking for other potential use for it other than throwing it out.
Not into fireworks so thought maybe as a finish for small wood projects.
baddd1.jpg I hate to throw anything out.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top