JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice look to me. I like shiny gun wood, a minority opinion as was Mr. Weatherby. Nearly no new stuff is available with a shine, wood or metal. I lament shiny seems to have gone by the way side like polished black scopes and fine polished metal bluing.

Off the path, I know, I hope it's not an irritant, but I have a pound or so of tainted single base powder I have been toying with the idea of making some lacquer out of it.
Just because. (retired folks come up with stuff like that)
I also have some acetone.

Anyone done that?
Results or impressions ?
Mix? 10 - 1?
Remove this post or move this somewhere else if intruding?

Nice look to me. I like shiny gun wood, a minority opinion as was Mr. Weatherby. Nearly no new stuff is available with a shine, wood or metal. I lament shiny seems to have gone by the way side like polished black scopes and fine polished metal bluing.

Off the path, I know, I hope it's not an irritant, but I have a pound or so of tainted single base powder I have been toying with the idea of making some lacquer out of it.

Anyone done that?
Results or impressions ?
Mix? 10 - 1?
I have painted cars with lacquer but its been a long time. I dont even know where you'd get powdered nitrocellulose any more. I think they old Japaning method was basically the same thing.

Anyone done that?
Results or impressions ?
Mix? 10 - 1?
If I may be so bold as to ask, What is tainted, single base powder?

If I may be so bold as to ask, What is tainted, single base powder?
Acquired in a powder purchase, was a pound bottle that a small amount of some form of pistol powder inadvertently put in the wrong can, Hence; "tainted". At least for reloading use.
Was looking for other potential use for it other than throwing it out.
Not into fireworks so thought maybe as a finish for small wood projects.
baddd1.jpg I hate to throw anything out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top