JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Ol' Right wing conspiracy without having to define what it was that Idaho did wrong.

It's, you know, like, because. They hated on me with expressions on their faces and the way they drove. Plus...I saw a pickup with a flag in the bed, and it was American. Racism.

I can say, I did like SF up to the 90s. Then the high prices, high percentage of stuck up residents (call it The City), extreme traffic, rise in crime, homeless conditions, bicyclists shutting down the bridge and over burdening local government. But if I were writing a nation review, I wouldn't just say,oh the liberals.
She couldn't deal with other people having their own opinion that wasn't lock step with her echo chamber. How dare someone have an unauthorized though? I'm so scarded I literally almost dieded...

The Ol' Right wing conspiracy without having to define what it was that Idaho did wrong.

It's, you know, like, because. They hated on me with expressions on their faces and the way they drove. Plus...I saw a pickup with a flag in the bed, and it was American. Racism.

I can say, I did like SF up to the 90s. Then the high prices, high percentage of stuck up residents (call it The City), extreme traffic, rise in crime, homeless conditions, bicyclists shutting down the bridge and over burdening local government. But if I were writing a nation review, I wouldn't just say,oh the liberals.
When I lived in California I have visted San Franciso numerous times over the years We would call Nob Hill, Snob Hill since they weathly were living there but I not been back to San Franciso since moving out of state in 1998.

Probably the ones that can't live under the taxes they voted for. :confused:
Yeah, well the taxes in Oregon are no picnic. What is Oregon now, the second-highest income tax bracket in the United States? If not second, somewhere near the top. And Oregon's income tax is especially harmful to poor people because it shoots up to 8.75% after a mere $10,200 in income. Youch! For a "progressive" state that damage to poor tax payers is extremely regressive.

And here's what I fail to comprehend when it comes to taxes in Oregon. Why do they keep raising them? And not just taxes, but fees too. Because history would seem to show we can do so much more if taxes are kept low. Examples:

• Eight bridges were built across the Willamette River in only a 20-year span into the 1930s. That means they had to buy the land under the bridgeheads, construct the bridges, maintain them, and allow free crossings all with the low taxes they had back then. Now Oregon wants to charge us fees just to cross bridges and they speak in Billions of dollars for new construction. How does that make sense?
  • Same with parks. Look around at the thousands of acres of parks in Portland and Oregon that were all purchased, constructed, and maintained under low tax systems prior to WWII. And back then parks were always free to enter. Yet today we have parks getting reclassified as "special districts" so the government can take ever more money from us just to maintain them, not to mention multiple fees just to enter and use parks already paid for with our tax dollars.
  • What the hell? How is it that our great-grandfathers could do so much more with so little, yet Oregon today can barely do a little with so much more tax money? There is something seriously, seriously wrong with the voracious beast we call government in Oregon.

Yeah, well the taxes in Oregon are no picnic. What is Oregon now, the second-highest income tax bracket in the United States? If not second, somewhere near the top. And Oregon's income tax is especially harmful to poor people because it shoots up to 8.75% after a mere $10,200 in income. Youch! For a "progressive" state that damage to poor tax payers is extremely regressive.

And here's what I fail to comprehend when it comes to taxes in Oregon. Why do they keep raising them? And not just taxes, but fees too. Because history would seem to show we can do so much more if taxes are kept low. Examples:

• Eight bridges were built across the Willamette River in only a 20-year span into the 1930s. That means they had to buy the land under the bridgeheads, construct the bridges, maintain them, and allow free crossings all with the low taxes they had back then. Now Oregon wants to charge us fees just to cross bridges and they speak in Billions of dollars for new construction. How does that make sense?
  • Same with parks. Look around at the thousands of acres of parks in Portland and Oregon that were all purchased, constructed, and maintained under low tax systems prior to WWII. And back then parks were always free to enter. Yet today we have parks getting reclassified as "special districts" so the government can take ever more money from us just to maintain them, not to mention multiple fees just to enter and use parks already paid for with our tax dollars.
  • What the hell? How is it that our great-grandfathers could do so much more with so little, yet Oregon today can barely do a little with so much more tax money? There is something seriously, seriously wrong with the voracious beast we call government in Oregon.
Now you have to provide environmental impact reports and that costs a large sum of money with the city and state people involved before they start any constrution project begins. I am not sure if major construction projects comes in on or under a budget anymore either.

Last Edited:
Now you have to provide environmental impact reports and that costs a large sum of money with the city and state people involved before they start any constrution project most. I am not sure if anything comes in on or under a budget anymore either.
For sure. Remember the "Columbia River Crossing" project intended to replace the current twin I-5 bridges over the Columbia River? Projected to cost something like $3.7 BILLION. They fumbled and bumbled and stumbled their way just through the planning stage that burned around $200 million in cash, and of course never succeeded in bringing the project to fruition. Just 100% pure waste.

And to underscore my previous points, I just looked up the original costs of those twin I-5 bridges. The first one was built in 1917 for $1.75 million. The second (twin) bridge was built in 1958, and at the time they also reconstructed/expanded/updated the first bridge for a total cost of $14.5 million. Using the federal government's inflation calculator, that 1917 bridge cost would be roughly $45 million in today's dollars. The second bridge plus rebuild of the first one would be roughly $154 million today. Add those together and the total is $199 million. Yet the Columbia River Crossing project burned through that much money just in the planning process. We could literally build both bridges, brand new, a second time in 2023 dollars for the same amount of money they spent only planning. Clearly there is something incredibly wrong with how government is wasting our money. Our state government has become gross to the extreme. Is it any wonder people in Portland and Oregon are leaving the state to live where government is more rational?

For sure. Remember the "Columbia River Crossing" project intended to replace the current twin I-5 bridges over the Columbia River? Projected to cost something like $3.7 BILLION. They fumbled and bumbled and stumbled their way just through the planning stage that burned around $200 million in cash, and of course never succeeded in bringing the project to fruition. Just 100% pure waste.

And to underscore my previous points, I just looked up the original costs of those twin I-5 bridges. The first one was built in 1917 for $1.75 million. The second (twin) bridge was built in 1958, and at the time they also reconstructed/expanded/updated the first bridge for a total cost of $14.5 million. Using the federal government's inflation calculator, that 1917 bridge cost would be roughly $45 million in today's dollars. The second bridge plus rebuild of the first one would be roughly $154 million today. Add those together and the total is $199 million. Yet the Columbia River Crossing project burned through that much money just in the planning process. We could literally build both bridges, brand new, a second time in 2023 dollars for the same amount of money they spent only planning. Clearly there is something incredibly wrong with how government is wasting our money. Our state government has become gross to the extreme. Is it any wonder people in Portland and Oregon are leaving the state to live where government is more rational?
And their plan didn't even add additional lanes for motorized vehicles. Instead it added bike, light rail, and pedestrian capabilities.

I am extremely cynical as I have lived in Oregon all my life and watched the changes. It's oregons political class that is ruining Oregon for the common man. The elites in our state government build a foundation for driving out the middle class independent voters so the democrats always win. Entire west coast has the same problem.

We have far too many on the state government payroll and they waste money because it's ours and they can. I wouldn't live here if I was a young man, there isn't opportunity for the average man.

As long as they don't have power at the state level (thank God) then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Yet.
Yet...

Why wait? Kick 'em to the curb now, before they gain a greater strangle hold on rational people...

Here's a few more articles that makes me optimistic for Idaho's future:
Add it all up and what have you got? At least a partial explanation why, over the past couple decades, Idaho has been shifting increasingly to the right.
Age 18-29: 757 voters — 59% R; 26% U; 10% D; 5% O

Age 30-49: 4,315 voters — 66% R; 24% U; 7% D; 3% O

Age 50-69: 6,889 voters — 74% R; 18% U; 7% D; 1% O

Age 70+: 5,389 voters — 73% R; 15% U; 11% D; 0% O (numbers are rounded so might not equal 100%)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top