JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stinger was giving away free lowers if you do a youtube review. Otherwise they were $22 each.

"If you run a Youtube review channel we want to give your a lower so that you can go to town with it. We want a total build and abuse review. email:[email protected] for consideration."

For non-polymer, last I checked Fatboytactical was offering blem Anderson lowers at $39 + $10 shipping.

Used or individual parts will certainly be more expensive than just getting a kit.

This has been hugely enlightening for me and I really appreciate all of the input yall have given me.

I'm going to ease into this and see if I can get a feel for the market so that I can recognize a deal when I see one.

Try and buy as many pieces as possible from one supplier, other wise shipping will
eat up your efforts to keep the price down. :(
Brownell's is retail + 10-15% and Midway's shipping is expensive.:eek:

Optics Planet has good sales as well as CDNN.:D

Another thing to consider is your charging handle. If you want a scope, an extended charging handle is nice to have, as you can operate it with your left hand without having to reach under the scope.:rolleyes:

I liked your original plan...its so easy and kind of boring to click a mouse and buy a low end part...

Make it fun and make rules like...only buy parts from nwfa members or armslist and all local...

Today for example I bought a troy free float for $90!!!. I bought a nickle boron bcg from here for $100, ive bought uppers lowers barrels etc all for super cheap from local members or armslist....that makes it fun...

Sure you can buy a $140 assembled lower and $250 complete upper online....but then your done. ..what fun is that...

But at least it's only the stripped lower you have to run through the FFL. All the rest can be bought in a store, online, at a show or FTF.

I'm expecting a local shop to have some attractively priced lowers sooner or later. If all I have to pay is sales tax on a $50 lower I'm in. That's how I picked up the last one and it worked out well.

I'm expecting a local shop to have some attractively priced lowers sooner or later. If all I have to pay is sales tax on a $50 lower I'm in. That's how I picked up the last one and it worked out well.

If you see some decent quality ones in town for $50, let us all know, I'll probably get in on that too.

Well yall,

I'm going to try and build an AR-15 with the cheapest used parts I can find.

I have been advised to just buy bargain sale parts online as I can afford it but after looking at shipping and the plethora of options and upgrades available, I thought it may be possible to find used parts people don't want and are willing to let go cheap.

I'll document the parts I find and what I paid for them and total it all up and post pics as I go.

Any advice, help or trolling is welcome on this one;)
Joe I have a Magpul black moe stock you can have if you want it. I think it's mill spec i'll have to make sure.

Big Thanks for keeping an eye out y'all!

Had my computer crash on me so I'm going to have to put a little money into it to get it up and running but will be back at the hunt ASAP.

Can't really stop now that someone is gifting me a part;)

Big Thanks for keeping an eye out y'all!

Had my computer crash on me so I'm going to have to put a little money into it to get it up and running but will be back at the hunt ASAP.

Can't really stop now that someone is gifting me a part;)

Do you at least have a lower yet?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads