JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you still need furniture? I got that set of magpul airsoft sights I would sell for $15, they might require a little filing to fit but would work. Aero has blem uppers right now for $44

Some years back 2007 ish I built $550.00 Retro AR builds (Complete barreled M16A1 COLT uppers 250.00 from OOW) ( Milsurp Gun Show Bargain bin M16 LPK/A1Stocks ,buffer tubes buffer springs used Colt BCG s... Most expensive part was NDS Retro M16 A1 /XM16E1 lowers & FFL fees...

you still need furniture? I got that set of magpul airsoft sights I would sell for $15, they might require a little filing to fit but would work. Aero has blem uppers right now for $44

I'll convo you, I can make a trip up there in the near future.

Thanks, for everyone's help and links!!!;)

@Joe13 - seeing your comment in the "attention to detail" thread reminded me you were working on this build. Sounds like things are stalled at the moment? Any updates as to your progress?

Anderson lower ($60) after transfer

Anderson lpk from eBay ($45)

Mil spec buffertube kit from eBay ($15 after $5 PayPal coupon)

Used adjustable stock ($10)

Total price for complete lower $130

Upper
Used hand guard $5
Used dpms barrel $50
Used gas tube with rings $15
Anderson upper $60
And Anderson Bcg $85 shipped

Upper total $215

Grand total.... $345 that's a complete rifle, without a rear sight or mags but never the less.

Lower is complete minus the buffer tube spring and the thing that goes in the tube with it - drawing a blank on the name.

Upper is 90% I think. So many things going on with a wife and daughter just graduating college and highschool respectivly. And my truck died so I jave that to fix.

Hope to have most of it assembled this weekend and i will post some pics of my progress.

Thanks for reminding me I need to make this a higher priority. Fathers Day is around the corner... Maybe ill drop a few hints lol.

Lower is complete minus the buffer tube spring and the thing that goes in the tube with it - drawing a blank on the name.

Upper is 90% I think. So many things going on with a wife and daughter just graduating college and highschool respectivly. And my truck died so I jave that to fix.

Hope to have most of it assembled this weekend and i will post some pics of my progress.

Thanks for reminding me I need to make this a higher priority. Fathers Day is around the corner... Maybe ill drop a few hints lol.

If it's like me, many projects get started with the intent of finishing quickly, but life gets in the way, money runs out, parts are scarce, etc., so it gets pushed out further and further. Was really just curious about progress up to this point. I'd love to see photos of what you have so far. It might help encourage me to finally start my first build - all I've got is a stripped lower so far, but that's a start :)

I try to buy a new part every paycheck, $20 bucks here $30 there and eventually I have a rifle. Think my next build is going to be a "high quality" experience. But the cheap ones run perfectly fine so I have a tough time justifying it.

I want to get 3 or 4 built before the election. Then prices will rise and ill make some money.

Mostly being a smart azz, but if you post an ar-15 in classifieds for $500 with a aluminum receiver it'll be gone in a day. Build cheap and trade up from there. Or build em cheap, stack em deep.

BTW NW has a deal s&w m&p-15s for 569 right now

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top