JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually the cheapest AR I have built to date was a full rifle kit that came from Sportsman Guide that came with everything but a lower for $333 shipped. Put it together with a $37 80% lower for a well sub $400 AR. Actually a pretty nice rifle, shoots good and seems solid. I gave it to one of my boys as his first AR and he has run a pretty good pile of ammo though it with no issues.

Do it now.....................While you can
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr376/text

These people are like maggots on rotting meat.

They just don't stop do they? I can't remember reading of a single crime committed with a firearm made from an 80% receiver. So it's yet another proposed law that would punish the good guys instead of the bad guys and not save a single life. Mr. Honda, Mr. Conyers, Mr. Hastings, Ms. Kelly of Illinois, Mr. Danny K. Davis of Illinois, Ms. Matsui, Ms. Schakowsky, and Mrs. Capps should be ashamed of themselves. I have a suspicion that they will not, even if shown the truth.

Got the list from my buddy of things I still need:).

Bcg, charging handle, forward assist, dust cover, and a magazine.

Going to make a separate post and see if I can find someone with those laying around they might be willing to part with for trade.

Got the list from my buddy of things I still need:).

Bcg, charging handle, forward assist, dust cover, and a magazine.

Going to make a separate post and see if I can find someone with those laying around they might be willing to part with for trade.

If you don't find a magazine, I can spot you one, for the cause.

First AR built and ready to go be sighted in (hopefully tomorrow).

Took the red dot off my sks to get a sight on there but will keep looking for some flip up irons for backups.

===================
I would like to give a big Thank-You, to some folks that donated parts or time or both to get this thing completed for me (including a new box of ammo to get it sighted in:cool:).

In no particular order:
@ridnjon
@dwaineshort
@etrain16
@IronMonster

(This has been a long build and I think I remembered everyone - If i somehow forgot you, please PM so I can fix it)

===================

Total cost out of pocket was $285 + $200ish in ammo trade puts me just under $500 from start to finish.

I've certainly seen much nicer AR's in fit and finish but I think after playing with this first FrankenAR, my hope is to start buying higher end parts as I gain a better understanding of some of the pro's and con's of the different configurations and companies. (Not to mention more income... Lol)

Pics to follow

image.jpg

I'd love to say so far so good, but I do learn more when things don't work out lol.

I believe that I have the gas block misaligned. It won't cycle the bolt unless I manualy cycle it with the charging handle - so no simi auto yet :D.

I also had a light primer hit on the 5th of the 5 shots I took with it.

After I look into the gas issue I'll take it apart and lube it really well; question, do AR's like to run wet or dry? Not sure if she will want more lube then a bolt gun or less like a .22lr.

Might play with it today and take it back out to the range tomorrow.

I'm making some leather strops today so maybe if I get those done I'll dig into this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top