JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well yall,

I'm going to try and build an AR-15 with the cheapest used parts I can find.

I have been advised to just buy bargain sale parts online as I can afford it but after looking at shipping and the plethora of options and upgrades available, I thought it may be possible to find used parts people don't want and are willing to let go cheap.

I'll document the parts I find and what I paid for them and total it all up and post pics as I go.

Any advice, help or trolling is welcome on this one;)

Actually, Palmetto State Armory has a blemished lower on sale for $59.99 right now - get a good transfer price and you're in for under $100 for a good quality stripped lower. Then you can search for used parts to build out the lower later.

I have bought what seems to be a pretty good upper assembly from PSA for $175 Its a stainless "freedom" barrel in 5.56 Mid length 1-9 Standard hand guards and front sight. For the money it seems great.

The best deal I got was on the Black Friday deal though was a "premium" rifle kit. Its basically the same barrel as the upper above but it uses there premium upper (probably the same one only its marked with Palmetto State Armory) The rifle complete, with premium BCG (same deal, could be the same one but this one is laser marked with their logo) for $349 (everything to build the rifle but the lower)

There are deals and then there are deals too. If you dont get in a panic that $350-$400 will build you a nice rifle.

As far as used parts go its possible but I doubt likely.

Yeah, he's got a great deal on transfers for WA residents - I assume his $10 fee applies to online purchases too? Or maybe just to personal transfers - probably should check with him. I've had a PSA lower, it was nice quality, and I think it's hard to beat the price for a metal lower.

But at least it's only the stripped lower you have to run through the FFL. All the rest can be bought in a store, online, at a show or FTF.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top