JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope. Can't claim to be a 2-A supporter and qualify the statement with exceptions.

So who are you .. the self-appointed arbiter of who gets to call themselves a 2A supporter? There are no rights that are absolute - not now, and not at any time in American history. Government has been encroaching on all individual liberties from the get-go; just the names and 'issue' changes over time.

CC reciprocity and HPA are dead in the water for the moment. And they will never be revived if the 2A community defends bumpfire stocks.

to add to my previous post, the last time i bump fired was my SKS when i had it. whats ironic is that i remember i was wearing levi brand jeans. levi does not want people carrying guns into their stores :p:D:eek:

DSC05463.jpg
Not sure what all the hubbub is about "Bump fire" stocks.
Shucks.... I can get off 30 shots too....In about an hour...:confused::p:D
Andy

So who are you .. the self-appointed arbiter of who gets to call themselves a 2A supporter? There are no rights that are absolute - not now, and not at any time in American history. Government has been encroaching on all individual liberties from the get-go; just the names and 'issue' changes over time.

CC reciprocity and HPA are dead in the water for the moment. And they will never be revived if the 2A community defends bumpfire stocks.
I'm just a guy who's tired of losing my freedoms because other people decide that "something" needs to be done. My point is that "but" and "if" rules and exceptions weren't how the 2nd was written. You can't claim to be pro 2-A and then have a list of conditions. Doing "something" isn't going to bring any of those people back. It's all grandstanding and political chess.
I don't care about bumpfire stocks. Never shot one -- don't want one. Anyone who thinks that voluntarily restricting them will satiate the grabbers or save lives is kidding themselves.

Before all the Fudds jump on the Ban the Bumpfire bandwagon, remember that Feinstein's "Automatic Gunfire Prevention Act" Makes SOME Replacement Triggers Illegal.

Except as provided in paragraph (2), on and after the date that is 180 days after the date of enactment of this subsection, it shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a trigger crank, a bump-fire device, or any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun.

Anyone who thinks that voluntarily restricting them will satiate the grabbers or save lives is kidding themselves.

On the continuum between gun grabbers [no 2A] and total liberty [unrestricted ownership of any weapon] is a wide landscape of people with various views. I don't expect to satiate the gun grabbers - ever. But I hope the organizations that advocate for the 2A [and lobby federal and state legislatures, and file lawsuits against government actions to deny our rights] all keep their eyes on the bigger issues of laws and court rulings that have the widest possible application and benefit to the greatest number of gun owners.

On the continuum between gun grabbers [no 2A] and total liberty [unrestricted ownership of any weapon] is a wide landscape of people with various views. I don't expect to satiate the gun grabbers - ever. But I hope the organizations that advocate for the 2A [and lobby federal and state legislatures, and file lawsuits against government actions to deny our rights] all keep their eyes on the bigger issues of laws and court rulings that have the widest possible application and benefit to the greatest number of gun owners.
And hence we get every GCA ever created. "If we give in this one time, maybe 'they' will leave 'us' alone". Didn't work in 1935, 1968, 1986, Brady Bill, or ANY OTHER TIME. Remember, the NRA backed the gun grabbers all those other times as well (for "our" own good).

Honstly, there's no room for any additional restriction on our second amendment rights...

It's time for Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to go, they're both extremely ineffective... If Trump supports a bump stock ban or further regulation situation, he'll be a one term wonder and the democrats will regain power again... Then we're screwed for sure...

Book, chapter, verse please.
Anything endowed by your creator is not yours, but His.
Good point! I'll get back to you on that one as I do not have any specific source in mind.
I whole heartedly believe that freedom is our creators idea!

OP and friends, Sorry I ain't gonna get all spiritual up in here fellas.

@Dungannon I'll see what I can dig up and pm you

When these commercial slide fire stocks first came on the scene in 2010 I worried that they may be used in some sort of Mall shooting, but after seeing the demos online I figured that they were not accurate enough to be much of a threat against a rapidly dispersing crowd. Dense cities have lots of buildings to hide behind and sports arenas are gun free. Leave it to one nut to find 22,000 people packed on a concrete killing field.

Of course you still can't hit the broad side of a barn with one as evidenced by the shooter only scoring two hits on giant fuel tanks 2000 feet away.

Las Vegas Strip shooter targeted aviation fuel tanks, source says

I understand why the NRA kept silent of 72 hours since the tired old "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" line would obviously not fly with a shooter 32 stories up. However, if the hotel security guard were armed then he would at least have a small chance of stopping the bad guy. I am disappointed in the NRA surrendering before the fight.

Unfortunately, I do see a ban on NEW sales and manufacturing of bump stocks coming in our near future with the grandfathering of existing stocks. If so it better be attached to the SHARE act or National Reciprocity and leave our Geissele triggers alone! No use giving up something without any gains.

I almost forgot about home made wood bump boards

I see an ATF ruling that possessing plywood planks if you own a pistol constitute constructive intent to build an SBR AND Machine Gun. The state of Ohio classifies mags over 30 rounds as machine guns by themselves...:confused: why cant a hunk of wood witj a dowel or pieve of pvc be one?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top