JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Except that it will NOT placate them. I know these people, I was educated among the local Lefty elites' children from a young age, and all that's going to happen if you crack the door for these people is they're going to break it down and run as far through it as they can.

Except that it will NOT placate them. I know these people, I was educated among the local Lefty elites' children from a young age, and all that's going to happen if you crack the door for these people is they're going to break it down and run as far through it as they can.

I agree it wont long term, but it will for this event and the fact is this is a battle that is already lost. And again... This is not a firearm. There is no "right" to it

And as I said, if they want any response other than being told to go choke on a dick, they need to GIVE something big in return, not "Give & Take means YOU give, WE take".

I have stayed out of this but I feel its time to give my two cents.

First... For those screaming "My 2nd Amendment!"
There is no constitutionally protected right to own firearms accessories. A bump fire stock is not a firearm and thus has no 2nd amendment protection. Taking away an accessory that is designed to simulate full auto fire is not infringing your 2nd amendment rights. I am sure this is the reasoning behind the NRA statement.

You are wrong:

The Second Amendment is not about guns

You are wrong....

See how that works?

There is no way you can construe a chunk of plastic as "arms"

I most certainly can. I have several chunks of plastic within reach of where I sit - a staff, a whip, and other items. Those are "arms". What is a firearm but a chunk of plastic and/or metal? What is a knife - a chunk of metal.

Whatever can be used as a weapon, or increases the usefulness of a weapon to fight tyranny is protected by the Second Amendment. The government considers computer software to be an 'arm' and restricts its export - lookup ITAR.

BTW - I meant to say "your assertion was incorrect", but I am going out the door to leave for work, and the whole topic gets me a little worked up, so I was not as polite in my response as I usually try to be - in fact that is why I came back here; to change the wording, but too late now - I apologize for my hastiness.

"Arms" implies "components thereof"--by that logic, you can ban magazines, as "they're just chunks of plastic/metal."

I disagree.... A magazine is an intrinsic mechanical part, not just a hunk of plastic.

And again, this is my opinion. I can see "arms" including far more than just firearms although I think firearms is the intent of the 2nd amendment. I also cant see a bump fire stock being what the 2nd amendment is about.

I most certainly can. I have several chunks of plastic within reach of where I sit - a staff, a whip, and other items. Those are "arms". What is a firearm but a chunk of plastic and/or metal? What is a knife - a chunk of metal.

Whatever can be used as a weapon, or increases the usefulness of a weapon to fight tyranny is protected by the Second Amendment. The government considers computer software to be an 'arm' and restricts its export - lookup ITAR.

BTW - I meant to say "your assertion was incorrect", but I am going out the door to leave for work, and the whole topic gets me a little worked up, so I was not as polite in my response as I usually try to be - in fact that is why I came back here; to change the wording, but too late now - I apologize for my hastiness.

I get it, Its a touchy subject and I take no offence. I knew when I posted that it would not be a popular opinion and expect most here to disagree.

IM, you make a great point about it being an accessory and not actually a firearm. That's an important distinction. We don't have the right to it, specifically, under the constitution. Personally, I think they're stupid and have absolutely no interest in them. But my recollection of how these situations play out is that we always lose something. Never get anything in return. So to me it's not a negotiation or trade, its just a surrender. We're definitely of the same opinion that it won't satisfy them long term and giving them this win won't bring on a truce. We're going to lose them one way or the other, and as I stated earlier I won't miss them, I just feel like we should make them take them rather than hand them over. They'd probably feel like it was a bigger victory anyway.

This morning CBS quoted the ATF as classifying them as a Firearm Part. That is obviously not accurate. It is an aftermarket accessory that can be used on any Firearm or other finger controlled device, like power staple gun etc.

Putting one on a legal Firearm to create an illegal Firearm should be the same penalty as putting a mod. kit in. Plain and simple. Just enforce the laws that exist now!

Precisely why 'cs' is in quotation marks. REAL common sense would never see the question about 'ban X or Y' never come up because someone can either be trusted with the responsibilities of a free member of society or not. The linked article is about how they try to use so-called 'cs' as a hook to open the door for Creeping Incrementalism.

More gas for the fire.... Take all the restrictions that are on the 2nd and apply them to the other Bill of Rights amendments.

You will see the people that are ok with them wailing up a storm. Especially if they are on the 1st A.

I still see this differently,

I think you have a constitutional right to a fully automatic rifle, or 155 mm howitzer for that matter.

I think a person should be allowed to possess whatever arms he can afford.

I just don't see a slide fire stock as being in the same category.

I can't even really see how you would call it a part of a firearm as all the firearms it operates on will function as intended without it.

If it's required for the firearm to function, it's part of the firearm. If the firearm will function as intended without it, it's an accessory

Is banning an accessory that does not impair the function of the rifle infringemen?, I don't think so

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top