JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at the range last week and someone had some type of automatic weapon it's quite honestly made me nervous and I was a distance from them behind a hill, but I could hear bullets flying in every direction and some coming over our heads. I chose to leave on my way down I seen a kidd going to town with it, yes adults were there but it was quite out of control there is no place from this. To many irresponsible individuals so yea maybe the government needs to step in to help control the stupid!

Which range are you talking about?

I didn't need one before Obama had the ATF approve them, and I don't need one now.
They just seemed like Mall Ninja ammo wasters to me, But I am an old geezer that sucks the fun outa stuff and prefer to spend my little bit of fun money carefully on shooting, not spraying.
So I'm probably not one to decide anyhoo.

But the ATF decided to make them legal and we all know it's really tough to put the toothpaste back in the tube...especially after it's been used. Looking back at it now, perhaps it would have been better to have not done it. But then maybe Obama probably saw this coming?

My biggest concern now is that some in the "gun community" start arguing that any semi-auto can be bump fired anyways...as a way to try and save the bumpfire...
....They could end up having that argument wind up getting the semi-auto banned altogether.
EXACTLY!!! They want to ban anything that can be used as a full automatic and some people are shouting that ALL semi-autos can be used as a full automatic. Please engage brain before putting mouth in gear.

I believe this is an Obama 'set-up" His BATF approved this stock. It seems similar to his and Holder's gun running to Mexico.

The hoped for result for that was to inflate the murder rate and create
The Emmanual "crisis" that can't be wasted --to enable more gun control.

Now apply that method to the bump stock. allow them to be legal, wait for a mass killing and then enact gun control. But--Hillary lost.so the end result is not so certain.

They did not care about killings resulting from the gun running and they don't care about the deaths from the Las Vegas event.

I will go further and posit that LV shooting was set up (with outside help) to make it very hard to investigate. Too many things where planned out almost perfectly to have been the ptoduct of a gambling accountant.

Now the NRA seems to have turned on us but if it can restrict the stocks by BATF ruling, then congress can't load a bill to the max . If this works out it may be the best route. Must keep it away from congress

In the tiny 2A community we have here, I think we need to back each other's play. There are too many against us to fight amongst ourselves.

New line in the sand has no meaning here because the bumpfire stock defeats the NFA. The bumpfire stock was encroaching on that line. The line in the sand should be another AWB or worse. Trinkets like a toy stock are nothing. A slippery slope argument is a poor one indeed.

I think there is very little left here to discuss because the repetition is that antis won't stop until they get all your guns. I agree, but I'm saying not everyone in America is anti and we need to put a better face on our community. Everyone foaming at the mouth about people coming for our guns plays into the hands of the antis that wish to portray us as maniacs.

This extreme behavior will hasten the demise of our rights when the antis tell the moderates that we wouldn't do anything about the last one and it's time to act strongly. The moderates will go along with it.

They simulate full auto, but aren't full auto. That distinction is lost on the general public and will be used to the anti's advantage.

I agree that the NRA "caving" to the antis in this case makes sense. The bumpfire stock is little more than a toy as we all know. This token will do nothing but improve the genpops view of the NRA as sensible since the bumpfire stock is an NFA defeat device.

The 2A crowd's, our crowd's, rigidity is not viewed well. Giving up this essentially meaningless device, as the original post pointed out, is a fair move.

Just look at the extremists on the left asking for a full repeal of the second amendment. People come off just as insane when we rage about the NRA giving up what we all know is nothing because it shows an unwillingness to work with the other side.
Good way to put it !

I think maybe we have a different viewpoint as to the proper role of the government.

If someone was spraying bullets over my head, I wouldn't need big brothers help to go shove it up their asso_O
I agree I didn't call on big brother to do so but I also did not want to confront to large male adults with a juvenile out in the middle of nowhere. Shoving a gun up someones bubblegum isn't the correct action to take. I chose to leave try not to make assumptions and felt it was best to go home and left it at that.

In the tiny 2A community we have here, I think we need to back each other's play. There are too many against us to fight amongst ourselves.

New line in the sand has no meaning here because the bumpfire stock defeats the NFA. The bumpfire stock was encroaching on that line. The line in the sand should be another AWB or worse. Trinkets like a toy stock are nothing. A slippery slope argument is a poor one indeed.

I think there is very little left here to discuss because the repetition is that antis won't stop until they get all your guns. I agree, but I'm saying not everyone in America is anti and we need to put a better face on our community. Everyone foaming at the mouth about people coming for our guns plays into the hands of the antis that wish to portray us as maniacs.

This extreme behavior will hasten the demise of our rights when the antis tell the moderates that we wouldn't do anything about the last one and it's time to act strongly. The moderates will go along with it.

Now there is a intelligent point!
I am a 2-A supporter but there needs to be some action. And clinching onto old laws and your guns will acting like the government is going to knock your door down is ridicules. And before anybody says thats not the case this is all I heard during the elections witch made people look like gun nuts. Have compassion give things a thought how would your family feel not just what ideas you feed them and try watching something other than right wing news for a change. I grew up in a red state for over 40 years Im fully aware of both sides. What we need is compromise and bipartisan in out government. Quit worrying that because they take away bump stocks your going to lose your AR-15.

Just quoted what you said. "But" is a qualifier. I support law enforment but only when they're asleep behind a desk or rescuing kittens from trees.
Can't have it both ways.

Turn this around, put the blame on Obama for allowing this stock to be legal in 2010---same year as the gun running scam.

Make him complicit in the massacre. Use Alinski on him
that will spread the attention to the liberal side. Let them be pious about their gun legislation and point out the hypocrisy that caused so many deaths. It really is their fault, not ours.

I see 90+ articles on google news about how the GOP, Dems, NRA and the President are ready to ban bumpstocks. Poor slidefire. Jump through all the hoops with the ATF, even win a trademark lawsuit against bumpfire and get your business destroyed in a matter of days.

Thank you Bolus.....small American company...lots of RD $spent...no one would pay $200 stamp for a SlideFire....but they will buy it for $400 today

Ooo ooo wait...what if you did not shoulder the stock but used your bubblegum cheek...would that end this topic?

NRA endorses more regulation on bump stocks that boost guns' firing rates

Ok NRA apologists - flame on. But THIS is just one more reason those bastards will never get another dime from me. They give zero crap about Oregon, now they cave into hysteria. Brainless Wayne proves again he's just in it for the money. Brownell as NRA President has done nothing to change the course.

If this is how the NRA fights for our rights screw them. We deserve whatever BS gets foisted upon us for ever backing them. They would probably endorse another Feature Ban or outright semi auto ban too. :mad:

I have no use for a bump fire stock or trigger crank because I have the real thing. That being said, I don't believe they should be banned.

I do believe the NRA can lick my nuts..

I was at the range last week and someone had some type of automatic weapon it's quite honestly made me nervous and I was a distance from them behind a hill, but I could hear bullets flying in every direction and some coming over our heads. I chose to leave ...

A woman died not too long ago in Whatcom County due to some uncontrolled bump-fire play. Getting away was a smart move. Lynden man guilty of manslaughter in Father's Day shooting that killed Alyssa Smith, jury finds

No, I mean, quite literally I am seeing people argue for that. The left doesn't give. It is clearly not paranoia. It is a well established pattern of behavior that is being freely espoused, even if you are in denial.

Of course you see the loudest and most extreme arguments -- those are the people who talk. What you don't see or hear are the vast swathes of people in the middle who do not necessarily feel that way, and look to see what the pro-gun side says in response. If what they see is total inflexibility coupled with an absence of a logical retort, they won't be impressed.

Secondly, nothing is going to change the mind of the most ardent anti but that isn't who you are trying to reach when arguing when them. You are looking to reach that reasonable and quiet middle which by virtue of being so large, holds our rights in its hands (let us not forget that the Constitution can be amended, and the largest voting block would be of the greatest importance in that situation).

Given this shooting, the very slight utility of bump firing in general, and the risks of appearing unreasonable, I totally understand why the NRA made this call. Defending slide fire stocks without reason because "line in the sand" or whatever, would cost the NRA enormous credibility with that large population of people in the middle. By taking a seemingly reasonable approach however, that vast middle will remain reachable and we hope, not do real, lasting, and permanent damage to gun rights.

bump stocks/ bump fire was cool when i was a teenager. i could careless for them now. do i think they should be banned? hell no! do i think banning them will change peoples minds about murder? absolutely not.

THE ITEM IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top