JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I would throw this out there. Banning thousands of bumpfire stocks will not stop people from bumpfiring their rifles or handguns by using two fingers or one finger and a wooden dowel or a rubber band or whatever else can be dreamed up. It won't take liberals to long to figure this out and start screaming for all semiautos to be banned since any semiauto can be bumpfired.

I know, right. And this has the blessing of the NRA. WTF?

NRA-ILA | NRA's Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox Issue Joint Statement
NRA said:
In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence.

Ray

NRA endorses more regulation on bump stocks that boost guns' firing rates

Ok NRA apologists - flame on. But THIS is just one more reason those bastards will never get another dime from me. They give zero crap about Oregon, now they cave into hysteria. Brainless Wayne proves again he's just in it for the money. Brownell as NRA President has done nothing to change the course.

If this is how the NRA fights for our rights screw them. We deserve whatever BS gets foisted upon us for ever backing them. They would probably endorse another Feature Ban or outright semi auto ban too. :mad:

The bumpfire is presently indefensible to the American public. Having a tax stamp process is a calculated loss, they don't want a fight over semi auto rifles under the present circumstances, the NRA has probably gained some favorabilty with low information fudds and soccer moms. I don't love their play here, but I understand it.

I am very disappointed in the loss of momentum this incident had caused for the hearing protection act and the concealed carry reciprocity act.

We were at the point that we could have gotten it done, only to discover we had RINO leadership in key positions.

I agree that the NRA "caving" to the antis in this case makes sense. The bumpfire stock is little more than a toy as we all know. This token will do nothing but improve the genpops view of the NRA as sensible since the bumpfire stock is an NFA defeat device.

The 2A crowd's, our crowd's, rigidity is not viewed well. Giving up this essentially meaningless device, as the original post pointed out, is a fair move.

Just look at the extremists on the left asking for a full repeal of the second amendment. People come off just as insane when we rage about the NRA giving up what we all know is nothing because it shows an unwillingness to work with the other side.

Thought I would throw this out there. Banning thousands of bumpfire stocks will not stop people from bumpfiring their rifles or handguns by using two fingers or one finger and a wooden dowel or a rubber band or whatever else can be dreamed up. It won't take liberals to long to figure this out and start screaming for all semiautos to be banned since any semiauto can be bumpfired.

They are already screaming for that. This shooting is different in public opinion as most other people have pointed out. 500 wounded. The lefties won't stop and public opinion will turn against us with the undecided voters if we don't do something. Take a queue from the video game industry. Knowing that video games were going to be imminently regulated with classifications, that industry chose their own terms instead of being steam rolled. We need to do that here.

So the NRA has officially called upon the BATFE to consider ADDITIONAL REGULATIONS on bump fire stocks. That is what the NRA statement said? Now I understand better why I cut up my NRA membership card into little pieces and mailed the bits back to the NRA. This was done in 1968. Seems nothing has changed regarding the NRA. NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY THE NRA IS NOT THE SOLUTION BUT PART OF THE PROBLEM! Why does this not surprise me? Hello! Hello? :( :(

Respectfully.

I believe we need to guard against being short-sighted. I am a member of the NRA, but never give them a dime more than membership dues. Their lack of support in Oregon made me sick. That said, they are normally awesome on the national stage.

This is a play by the NRA. They will earn at least some currency here, to be spent in the future when the battle is again about our 2A rights. That day is coming. It is always coming, and for us it is probably just one more national election away.

This entire situation sucks. I hate it and I hate supporting a decision by the NRA to support giving up ANYTHING, but I believe this is reality. Just my .02

What happens to the thousands of commercial produced bump fire stocks currently in private ownership? The Fifth Amendment protects against government Taking without just compensation. That is what stopped the California magazine probation.

I didn't need one before Obama had the ATF approve them, and I don't need one now.
They just seemed like Mall Ninja ammo wasters to me, But I am an old geezer that sucks the fun outa stuff and prefer to spend my little bit of fun money carefully on shooting, not spraying.
So I'm probably not one to decide anyhoo.

But the ATF decided to make them legal and we all know it's really tough to put the toothpaste back in the tube...especially after it's been used. Looking back at it now, perhaps it would have been better to have not done it. But then maybe Obama probably saw this coming?

My biggest concern now is that some in the "gun community" start arguing that any semi-auto can be bump fired anyways...as a way to try and save the bumpfire...
....They could end up having that argument wind up getting the semi-auto banned altogether.

The only thing that the NRA will gain by capitulating to the anti's is a bigger push for another AWB and cause the ATF to reverse their decision on shouldering a pistol with a brace. This move will do nothing except embolden the anti's, because it shows weakness.

Members accuse NRA of caving after organization agrees to additional regulations on bump stocks
it's pretty obvious that the gun control lobby will take every inch it can get.

Outlawing bump stocks isn't nearly enough; it's the weapons themselves that need to be banned

NRA breaks silence after Vegas shooting to call for 'additional regulations' on bump stocks
Shannon Watts said:
Of course bump stocks should be prohibited, but if that's the only action we take after 58 Americans are shot and killed and hundreds more injured, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

We'll work with legislators interested in prohibiting bump stocks, but we'll also demand other laws to help save American lives. Now is the time to demand that lawmakers prioritise people over gun manufacturers' profits.

Schiff, Blumenthal Re-Introduce Legislation to Give Gun Victims Their Day in Court and End Gun Industry's Liability Shield | U.S. Congressman Adam Schiff of California's 28th District

Beyond Banning the Bump Stock: 'Go After the Guns Themselves'

nra.PNG

Ray

This little play by the NRA has showed the populace that there is a chink in the armor and that the NRA is not infallible after all. That, and many NRA members feel sold out.

These impacts will not do the NRA or gun owners any good.

I have no issue with them looking into regulating bump stops. I didn't need one before don't need one now. The gun laws need to be updated period! I own several NFA items Im ok with some wait time and am all for better background checks and no mental disabled people should not be allowed to buy fire arms. The laws Trump did away with wasn't about people that have just seen a doctor about mental illness it was for people that were unable to care for themselves and if they were unable to handle their own finances and take a check to the bank then they should have a gun. Sure made sense to me.

"COMPROMISE" with the left means giving them something now - then giving them everything else later. For everytjing THEY get, what have we gotten in return? THEY got the '86 FOPA with the Hughes amendment - then the 94 AWB that thank god had a sunset, which almost got renewed federally and was adopted by a number or states. On the national level all we do us give and all they do is take. Holding the line is ALL we have accomished in 30 years on a Federal level. The NRA has not had the big wins that smaller, better groups such as the 2nd Amendment Foundation have. NRA was not behind Heller, Gotleib's group was. They did not win McDonald v Chicago. They let the west coast go 30 years plus ago.

Giving up the "toy" bumpfire stocks is just chipping further away at our "rights" - if you give them that now they will want 5 or 10 round mag limits like Canada next time. Then stupid feature bans again. Then semi auto bans. Then registration. Then confiscation. Come on - you can still have a BB gun. Or a bolt action .22 rimfire. Those are still arms - wheres the "infringement" come in to play?

It may be a toy or a stupid feature but we have given enough. They won't budge on suppressors, redoing or repealing the NFA, national reciprocoty or national constitutional carry - where do you draw the line?

At this point we either give up the idea we have any "gun rights" and admit they are priviliges at the whim of the masses or we say enough to the empty headed emotional legislation. Maybe we as a whole group of gun owners deserve this for allowing them to strip away so much before. Maybe we as a nation deserve what the George Soros' set wants for us because we obviously care more about Kardashians, iPhones, and false security than we do about honest to got liberty and having a government that works for us not against us. I love what my country was but sincerely hate and fear what it is becoming. Where can I sign up for my lobotomy and turn in my evil guns and car and receive my bar code and work assignment? Brother Government will keep me safe and fed right?

I agree with the antis to an extent - the NRA is evil - or rather the leadership is. They take money from their members and pocket it while selling out their members more than fighting for them. Did not take long for robo soliciting calls from them after Vegas. I wish they would loose my number. :mad:

Every time some asshat does something evil with a gun our rights are attacked. They want bans on guns or mags or accessories and more background checks. Everytime some immigrant religous zealot kills people with a truck, bomb, or knife we are told we are bigoted racists for demanding background checks and limits on immigration.

Tired of this fight. Its as unwinnable as Iraq for the very same reasons.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews