JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure why anybody expect anything in return besides the safety of out fellow Americans. This idea that just because one thing leads to another is a poor argument IMO. Yes I'm am a gun owner of several types and NFA items I work, waited and paid for. The ATF needs to be able to update theirs systems so they are not trying to keep records like its 1982. Nothing wrong with making sure guns do not get in the wrong hands. Everybody does their part by keeping them locked up and out of children hands and the laws need to be there to keep it out of the hands of individuals that should not posses them. Will this stop every mass shooting or course not but its a start. Things need to change if this wasn't the case nobody would be on hear freaking out about it.

One of my points earlier where I understood the NRAs decision had to do with compromise and rigidity. Putting on a better face than clinging to tiny things that mean nothing.

Obviously we aren't going to change the mind of the hardcore antis asking for every semi auto gun to be outlawed. What we should be trying to capture is all those people in the middle that don't care strongly either way and want to feel like they are doing something.

So let them have the bumpfire stock because when they try to come for the semiautos, maybe the people that will help you turn back the tide are the slightly center Democrats that don't believe we're all fanatics.

I am ok with bumpier being regulated like a NFA item or even banned. But yes when it comes to semi auto I draw the line. I can see no benefit to a bump fire besides just a toy at the range to wast ammo, this is not something you would protect your loved ones with. This is not something for hunting. Get real with what it is and leave it at that.

I am ok with bumpier being regulated like a NFA item or even banned. But yes when it comes to semi auto I draw the line. I can see no benefit to a bump fire besides just a toy at the range to wast ammo, this is not something you would protect your loved ones with. This is not something for hunting. Get real with what it is and leave it at that.

So, you'd be OK if they decided to ban all NFA items along with this "toy"? You know, because they waste ammo and they are not something you would protect your loved ones with and is not something for hunting.

Ray

So, you'd be OK if they decided to ban all NFA items along with this "toy"? You know, because they waste ammo and they are not something you would protect your loved ones with and is not something for hunting.

Ray

No and this is the typical jumping to conclusions that I see every other post on this forum. Im refer to one items thats it everybody just cant help them selfs from thinking one item will lead to everything else. And did you bother to read my post above the one you quoted?

Ray

The NRA said regulated, not banned, but regulated is as good as banned so let's keep calling it that.

Yes I'd be OK with a device, intended to defeat the spirit of the law, be regulated. I believe you are missing the point that you come off as incredibly bullish when you defend a device designed to exploit a loophole. This is more fuel for the anti fire.

How often have you fired a bumpfire stock? What impact will this have on you?

To make it clear if I had the money and resources to buy a full auto I would have, through the proper channels/laws. I dont agree with a loophole with the trigger and bump stops. If you want to fire a gun that fast then get off you bubblegum and train with Jerry Miculek.

No and this is the typical jumping to conclusions that is see every other post on this forum. Im refer to one items thats it everybody just cant help them selfs from thinking one item will lead to everything else. And did you bother to read my post above the one you quoted?
The NRA said regulated, not banned, but regulated is as good as banned so let's keep calling it that.

Yes I'd be OK with a device, intended to defeat the spirit of the law, be regulated. I believe you are missing the point that you come off as incredibly bullish when you defend a device designed to exploit a loophole. This is more fuel for the anti fire.

How often have you fired a bumpfire stock? What impact will this have on you?

Never fired one, don't really care to ether. Not that big of a deal to me after shooting M16A1's (on full auto), M16A2's and M4's (on burst), M60's, M2's, M249's, M240s, MK19's, etc., but I do support the right of gun owners to have one if they want it, whether I like it or not. I don't believe in banning something just because I don't like it, unlike some people here.

Yes, I do believe that giving up one thing will lead to more restrictions. The anti's wont stop until all guns are banned. Just remember this is what it's like to compromise with the anti's..............Cake And Compromise – Illustrated Guide To Gun Control

Ray

Never fired one, don't really care to ether. Not that big of a deal to me after shooting M16A1's (on full auto), M16A2's and M4's (on burst), M60's, M2's, M249's, M240s, MK19's, etc., but I do support the right of gun owners to have one if they want it, whether I like it or not. I don't believe in banning something just because I don't like it, unlike some people here.

Yes, I do believe that giving up one thing will lead to more restrictions. The anti's wont stop until all guns are banned. Just remember this is what it's like to compromise with the anti's..............Cake And Compromise – Illustrated Guide To Gun Control

Ray

This just sounds like more NRA rhetoric to me. We dont know what will happen and everybody expects the worst. I'm not going to live my life worrying about till it comes up and to many are getting ahead of themselves. It's just my opinion I support gun ownership but the laws are outdated.

Bumpfire is fun--have a couple of them, great way to turn money into noise. Could live without them
quite well. Would feel a lot better about the current NRA situation if instead of just caving they had
said (or worked toward behind the scenes) "We will not oppose additional restrictions or an outright ban on bumpfire devices, but in return we want the HPA passed". I would get a LOT more use out of suppressors
on a 4473!

I posted this already in another topic, but figured I'd spam here too.

News media commented that anyone who owns an (basically black rifle) AR15 is also a gunsmith.
Personally, ban them. IDGAF. I do not own one, and would not buy one.

On the flip side of the same coin, will it do any good if some psychopath is on a mission? NO. It does not take a gun.
Little by little they keep pulling straws in the effort of what? Control?
Has any regulation changed a thing? Only against the Pro-Gun folks.
The azzhats pushing these regulatory "rules" of the all-mighty keep pushing the schit with drama that's not relevant.
Here in the PNW, they want you behind them sucking up tight to their butt cheeks because they fear the unknown. They fear the ones that have guns legally, and hide behind news media and social networking to vent those fears.

What happened in LV is saddening. Very saddening. My condolences go out to those who were injured, scared, or no longer in our world. The whole ordeal was devastating.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, restricting "things" is not the answer to the problem.

Stupid toy but yeah bubblegum compromise. You draw a new line in the sand and they just step right up to it and keep pushing. Again and again and again. When will we figure that out?

Seriously, this guy could have got many more if he chose a scoped bolt action .300 win mag instead. It has zero to do with the equipment. He could have used a truck or a bike lock and gasoline. That is the narrative our elected officials and the NRA should be pushing.

Banning a stupid toy seems harmless enough, but it simply offers them positive reinforcement for bad policy decisions.

I was at the range last week and someone had some type of automatic weapon it's quite honestly made me nervous and I was a distance from them behind a hill, but I could hear bullets flying in every direction and some coming over our heads. I chose to leave on my way down I seen a kidd going to town with it, yes adults were there but it was quite out of control there is no place from this. To many irresponsible individuals so yea maybe the government needs to step in to help control the stupid!

This just sounds like more NRA rhetoric to me.

NRA rhetoric, hunh? Looks like the NRA is on the same page as you, not me.

We dont know what will happen and everybody expects the worst. I'm not going to live my life worrying about till it comes up and to many are getting ahead of themselves.

Ever hear the saying "hope for the best, prepare for the worst"? With gun owners willing to sell their fellow gun owners down the river, it looks like the worst is coming to fruition.

It's just my opinion I support gun ownership but the laws are outdated.

It sounds like you support gun ownership, but only if it's something that you like/agree with. Me, as I said earlier, support all gun owners whether I like the gun and/or accessory or not.

Ray

I was at the range last week and someone had some type of automatic weapon it's quite honestly made me nervous and I was a distance from them behind a hill, but I could hear bullets flying in every direction and some coming over our heads. I chose to leave on my way down I seen a kidd going to town with it, yes adults were there but it was quite out of control there is no place from this. To many irresponsible individuals so yea maybe the government needs to step in to help control the stupid!

I think maybe we have a different viewpoint as to the proper role of the government.

If someone was spraying bullets over my head, I wouldn't need big brothers help to go shove it up their asso_O

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top