JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Originally saw this posted on "thetruthaboutguns.com" about a woman that was attacked by two pitbulls, and the police that intervened. They had to shoot the dogs. It took 10 bullets to put them both down.

NJ Article Link:

The best part is in the comments. One user, Fred, (search for BAN ASSAULT DOGS in the comment section) really had the dog lovers confused and riled up comparing "dog-control" to gun-control.

I still have young kids and I'm 10,000 X more concerned about unleashed dogs attacking them than stray assault weapons. I was attacked twice as a kid and it happens more than you think. Only thing is most cities have leash laws that they don't enforce. A little like the gun laws they already have that they don't enforce.

Man... I remember when I was a kid (11or 12) riding my bike down a neighborhood street one day and this freakishly agressive bull mastive came tearing out of a front yard at me and was right there not 2' from me.... I remember screaming and keeping the bike between me and that f-ing dog so I didn't get bit. Thank God, he decided to go back to his own yard instead of jumping over my bike to get at me.

Nowadays, there would be one less "family dog" in this world should that occur again....

Lets see here, They say there are about 10000 Murders a year in the USA. I don't know how many people are wounded. But if it's like war numbers then at least three times that number are wounded. I wonder how many people are killed by dogs? Yes, lots of people get bit by dogs. But I think I would rather be bit than shot. I have had lots of dogs come at me snarling and snapping and I have never been bit. I am way more afraid of an idiot with a gun than a dog. I am even more afraid of a group of young people looking for trouble or fun at my expense. As for laws being enforced good luck on any of them being enforced where a cop has to do more than sit in his-her car.

well honestly I can't count how many times I've almost been killed now while riding motorcycles by retarded dog owners that let their dogs roam free in rural areas. there are a few areas where I ride where I'm already queued up to drop a gear, because I know exactly where the packs of undisciplined dogs are going to come exploding out of the gravel driveways in an attempt to "catch" me.

those are the real assault dogs.

Guns DO NOT shoot people, people do. On the other hand, dogs DO bite on their own accord. Comparing something that cannot hurt you(gun) to something that can hurt you(dog) is absurd and shows the decay of logic in this world. Like everything else, I can defend myself and my family from a dog with a gun. I need no defense from a gun, because it is incapable of causing me harm. The facts are very simple. People that try to force their stupidity, ignorance or feminine emotions upon the facts aren't really worth the trouble.

To paraphrase a great quote by a greater man, "While it is true that evil men or dogs may not be persuaded to the right by propoganda, they can definitely be corrected by good men with rifles."

A trained dog is a reasomably controlable weapon because there is a handler on the end of the leash that is accountable for the dogs actions. An untrained dog is an uncomtrolable weapon because there is no leash to restrain it. The uncontrolled dog needs to be euthanized to prevent harm to people.

Blackdog, you mentioned you would rather bitten than shot. I have worked K-9 in the past years and I've seen some dog bites that leave me thinking I don't want to be bitten or shot.

Guns DO NOT shoot people, people do. On the other hand, dogs DO bite on their own accord. Comparing something that cannot hurt you(gun) to something that can hurt you(dog) is absurd and shows the decay of logic in this world. Like everything else, I can defend myself and my family from a dog with a gun. I need no defense from a gun, because it is incapable of causing me harm. The facts are very simple. People that try to force their stupidity, ignorance or feminine emotions upon the facts aren't really worth the trouble.

I don't know or probably will ever figure out why some people have to belittle other people to try to make a point. I stated my point and you come along and tell me I am FORCING my stupidity,ignorance or feminine emotions on you?
You are totally ABSURD that you think a gun cannot hurt you and you need no DEFENSE from a gun. Maybe so for a gun laying in a closed drawer. But once it comes out a gun can kill or injure you even in your own hand.

A trained dog is a reasomably controlable weapon because there is a handler on the end of the leash that is accountable for the dogs actions. An untrained dog is an uncomtrolable weapon because there is no leash to restrain it. The uncontrolled dog needs to be euthanized to prevent harm to people.

Blackdog, you mentioned you would rather bitten than shot. I have worked K-9 in the past years and I've seen some dog bites that leave me thinking I don't want to be bitten or shot.

I don't want to be bitten or shot. But at least I can try to defend myself from a dog. I can not from a bullet.

Don't be so quick to shoot a family dog.. it's pretty easy to determine if they are being aggressive, or friendly. We have a half sized runt male Rottweiler who is super friendly (he's a jester) and wants to dance with everyone, and the few times he is free (under our verbal control,. we're big on training) he wants to make friends with every passers by. Do we let him? No, but he wouldn't hurt anyone. I speak as a guy who has been around canines my whole half century of life, and Rotties for 28 years now

People with UNTRAINED DOGS are no better then UNTRAINED PEOPLE with guns.
True but the untrained person with a gun puts it away occasionally the the danger is gone for a while. The dog is still an active threat regardless if the owner is around or not - unless the dog is secured.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews