JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New video just released of the Baltimore bus shooting a few weeks back. It's pretty intense.

Items to note:
  • For the love of god why doesn't anyone have a rifle!?
  • One officer does grab and deploy a shotgun but runs it out of ammo pretty quick and apparently didn't think to grab more as he was gearing up.
  • I would gotta think...or at least hope...they do a big "lessons learned" after this incident. Every cop should have a patrol rifle and a bailout bag ready to go
  • Female officer took a round in the leg. Kudos that someone was prepared and had a tourniquet
  • Cops did a good job of standing strong overall but they gotta work on their preparedness

Baltimore Bus Shootout, New Footage Shows Suspect's Double-Barreled Barrage at Cops

What?! How?!
How do police not have an AR amongst them. And how can they not manuever to create effective fire at the door way?

And out of those 5 cops or so they looked like a fosh out of water giving that officer first aid. WTF.

That guy was geared up though, dual wielding with a stick mag!

Aren't those illegal in Maryland?

Ummmm

A tourniquet is only applied as a LAST RESORT. Once applied assume you will lose everything from the tourniquet down. Well at least one that's properly applied. Only apply when death is imminent from blood loss.

Ugh.

Kudos to the gangbanger. He got his reward.

Ummmm

A tourniquet is only applied as a LAST RESORT. Once applied assume you will lose everything from the tourniquet down. Well at least one that's properly applied. Only apply when death is imminent from blood loss.

Ugh.

I couldn't quite tell how much blood the officer was losing. I was wondering if the TQ was necessary but was giving them the benefit of the doubt. I've also understood that the risks of TQ's has been somewhat exaggerated...at least for someone in her situation where she will likely be in a hospital within 15-20 minutes.

What?! How?!
How do police not have an AR amongst them. And how can they not manuever to create effective fire at the door way?

And out of those 5 cops or so they looked like a fosh out of water giving that officer first aid. WTF.

It's Baltimore that girl cop with the 870 and a 9mm was the best you going to get at least she wasn't afraid to pull the trigger as for the rest of the video I see a guy with two hand guns that he had too keep racking the slide 's to keep running I don't know I wasn't there but it appears he had problems with his guns any one else see that

I couldn't quite tell how much blood the officer was losing. I was wondering if the TQ was necessary but was giving them the benefit of the doubt. I've also understood that the risks of TQ's has been somewhat exaggerated...at least for someone in her situation where she will likely be in a hospital within 15-20 minutes.
YEP I didn't see blood sperting out probley just a pass through not a lot of blood but we wouldn't know till they cut her pants off to see the wound

What?! How?!

Some police departments only issue shotguns and if you want to carry an AR, you need to purchase it yourself.

Agreement with most of the sentiments expressed thus far...

1) not one officer had an AR in their cruiser?

2) no slugs or reloads for the 870?

3) how poor is the collective marksmanship of the Baltimore PD?

It's BALTIMORE for gosh sakes. The mayor hates the police after the Freddie Gray incident and all the rioting where the stand down orders were given. Morale cannot possibly be lower, no LEOs actually want to be there, and I very much doubt patrol cops are allowed to have ARs, just like before the Hollywood shootout.

It's BALTIMORE for gosh sakes. The mayor hates the police after the Freddie Gray incident and all the rioting where the stand down orders were given. Morale cannot possibly be lower, no LEOs actually want to be there, and I very much doubt patrol cops are allowed to have ARs, just like before the Hollywood shootout.

I was rather shocked and surprised at so many of the officers being women. Both the officer that was shot, as well as the first officer treating her, and even the officer that had the bodycam, were all women.

Here is another view of the shootout, captured by a bystander:

Ummmm

Ugh.

YEP I didn't see blood sperting out probley just a pass through not a lot of blood but we wouldn't know till they cut her pants off to see the wound

Your statement is based on outdated thinking.

Look at current TCCC protocols which call for applying the TQ high on the limb as one of the first things you do.
"Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) has emphasized the early and liberal use of tourniquets to control life-threatening hemorrhage in the Care Under Fire (CUF) phase."

Ummmm

Ugh.

Not for a long while now. A tourniquet does not mean the extremity is a "goner." Specifically the Combat Application Tourniquet is designed to apply even force until the bleeding stops. Any blood vessels that are in tact have pressure, right? What pressure do open vessels have to resist pressue applied? Almost none. With a tourniquet applied the ruptured vessels are shut off while other vessels can continue to perfuse the extremity, and surgery techniques today can save a limb up to eight hours after CAT application.

Your statement is based on outdated thinking.
Could have phrased that a little less condescendingly.

Plus those pants are polyester. Takes a long time for blood to seep out. I once had a PT (~300lbs) that had fallen 19 feet, and landed on his right foot. As soon as I got to him I could see that his ankle was swollen, but his pants were still dry. When I cut his pant leg open a pool of blood splashed everywhere. He had a full tib/fib fracture. I'll leave the rest of the gorey details for another time.

Last Edited:
I was rather shocked and surprised at so many of the officers being women. Both the officer that was shot, as well as the first officer treating her, and even the officer that had the bodycam, were all women.

Where you been for the last 20yrs Lance? ;) Not paying much attention to the LEO forces eh?:)

Mysogenist!!! (sp)

We tried the Remington pump .308 and they were trash. Jammed regularly, poor accuracy, and of 100 delivered, we had to file the front sight mounting screws down on 10 of them as they were too long from the factory resulting in loose sights. Ended up selling them off after a couple of years and switching to M&P15.

Not for a long while now. A tourniquet does not mean the extremity is a "goner." Specifically the Combat Application Tourniquet is designed to apply even force until the bleeding stops. Any blood vessels that are in tact have pressure, right? What pressure do open vessels have to resist pressue applied? Almost none. With a tourniquet applied the ruptured vessels are shut off while other vessels can continue to perfuse the extremity, and surgery techniques today can save a limb up to eight hours after CAT application.

Could have phrased that a little less condescendingly.

Plus those pants are polyester. Takes a long time for blood to seep out. I once had a PT (~300lbs) that had fallen 19 feet, and landed on his right foot. As soon as I got to him I could see that his ankle was swollen, but his pants were still dry. When I cut his pant leg open a pool of blood splashed everywhere. He had a full tib/fib fracture. I'll leave the rest of the gorey details for another time.
Yep I went back and watched the video today lol when I was sober HEHEH I made a few mistakes last night but it is what it is I even saw a video today on the News there was people on the bus but they all where able to get off when he switched doors and I thought he had on Muslim clothes but just a white boy dressed in gangster garb lol oh well I admit I was wrong but I was drunk that's my story and I'm sticking with it lol IT WASN'T ME

One thing will say about that video how bout the girl cop taking shots with a shotgun and a hand gun from like 50 yards LOL THAT WAS COOL

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top