JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Sportsman's warehouse thread got me to thinking. So as to not hijack that thread I started this one. I'm not sure if it goes here or under "legal and political".

Why is it necessary for a background check to be run on a new gun is purchase when one already has a CHL? This seems redundant to me

I know there will be responses like "OSP needs the work" or "OSP needs the fees". But if they supposedly aren't keeping records of gun purchases then this should be a relatively easy law to get changed in our favor. Shouldn't it?

Or the very least perhaps a check made either online or via phone with whatever sheriff's office issued the CHL to make sure it is still valid would suffice?

What are your thoughts?

Imagine you're already waiting a ridiculous amount of time to get your first CHL, or a renwal.

Then, because of all the panic that Feinswine, Obama and Bidet have caused (on purpose, those useless, self-serving agenda-pigs)... imagine that the sheriff's office working on your CHL is answering calls/faxes, hundreds every day, for other guys (with CHL's in their wallets already) - buying guns.

It's insultingly frustrating on either end of the equation.

Okay, intrusion exists and it won't go away. So there's no good reason this can't all be on one instantaneously accessible computer database since Holder and his interagency goons are already scrutinizing all of us here. But we can safely assume that the slowest, most bureaucratic route (for CHL applicants eligible on the day they were last checked) will be taken at the end of the day, to make the law abiding people (who don't traffic in stolen guns) pay and wait. As always, give criminals a complete pass because they'll never pay like we do.

Now here's something to consider. If you have more than one tax stamp application on file with ATF, why the HELL can't one agency cash all your checks and lick all of your pending stamps on the same stinking day???

My last 4 FFL transfers have all been done on a cell phone in under 5 minutes. How much faster do you want it? Piratepast40 hit the nail on the head, you might have slipped through the cracks when convicted or have pending charges sufficient enough that no transfer should be done. Although now days I think the SWAT team would show up to collect your CHL if they wanted it back, but you get my point. They do keep the records for a number of years as well.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews