JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your other solution if folks want good healthcare and don't like their company insurance is to not be one of the Poors.

Back on topic, depending on Friday's ruling I'll be super curious if we see an acceleration in approvals or a clearing of the background queue.

I can confirm having done accounting work for medical practices that Medicare/Medicaide/OHP do not issue reasonable pay for medical procedures and many practices will not accept patients with those insurance plans. It's also been made illegal for doctors/practices to collectively agree on what are reasonable prices for operations and whether or not they will accept particular insurers. For a practice to make money taking those patients they have to drop the quality of care and/or engage in medical fraud, sadly both have become increasingly common.

Cool story, bro.

Nope. The private sector sucks, too.
Uh, just where do you think the dollars "private insurers" are paying out come from?
Private insurers are nothing but middlemen that take their cut and contribute little value.
Look I get that insurance is a corrupted industry especially after Obamacare but I prefer to have a choice. I pay for private insurance and it is really difficult but I get better care if I need it and I know the providers I would see are being adequately reimbursed. Yeah they are middlemen and I think the whole industry is garbage but it's still better than handing it over to the government. They are also a middleman. You give them your money they decide what they are going to do with it.

Got it!
4473 completed 11/26/22
Approved 12/21/22
Picked up 12/22/22
Only came with the 5rnd mag.
I had the 19 and the 9 before I took possession of the gun. Back before lawsuits, laws and BS.

4C807986-656E-4247-9A8A-BADD107F59E5.jpeg

I can confirm having done accounting work for medical practices that Medicare/Medicaide/OHP do not issue reasonable pay for medical procedures and many practices will not accept patients with those insurance plans. It's also been made illegal for doctors/practices to collectively agree on what are reasonable prices for operations and whether or not they will accept particular insurers. For a practice to make money taking those patients they have to drop the quality of care and/or engage in medical fraud, sadly both have become increasingly common.
And a lot of the local regional sites are dropping care.
I can completely see the fraud piece, what I've been really disheartened to learn also is just how *bad* CFOs of hospital systems are, especially here in Oregon. Not evil, just really really dumb people.

I have been waiting over 30 days now. Have ccw and was out on "short" list and yesterday I was number 1840 3 weeks ago was number 2300 at this point I'm looking at 6 month wtf is going on with bgc!?

I have been waiting over 30 days now. Have ccw and was out on "short" list and yesterday I was number 1840 3 weeks ago was number 2300 at this point I'm looking at 6 month wtf is going on with bgc!?

I'd drop by your FFL and ask if they have/will call in to OSP on a 30-day rerun. OSP has been processing BGC in the order in which they were received since 12/12, so queue numbers are meaningless at this point.

OSP FICS link for reference: https://xn.osp.state.or.us/Fics/

I'd drop by your FFL and ask if they have/will call in to OSP on a 30-day rerun. OSP has been processing BGC in the order in which they were received since 12/12, so queue numbers are meaningless at this point.

The problem with calling in is the fact it can take HOURS it took my ffl over 4 1/4 hrs on hold to get thru to clear mine. When they did get thru OSP did not have any reason as to why my application was not cleared instantly via computer application. They went through their process and it cleared immediately.

I'm trying to understand what this "rerun" actually is.
the following is from the FICS site linked above
December 19, 2022 - In an effort to process 30-day re-runs for dealers FICS
has set up a TEMPORARY 30-day re-run phone line. This phone line will be active on
a temporary basis to assist with the current unprecedented numbers we are
experiencing in FICS. Dealers if you have a 30-day re-run for an approved transaction
transactions please call 503-934-0177. This line is ONLY for 30-day re-runs
I note the phrase "for an approved transaction", does that mean this is for FFLs to call in on a "approved" BGC that has exceeded 30 days in order to "rerun" since there is a 30 day expiration on the 4473? Is that a correct interpretation.
In which case i assume this does NOT mean they need to call in EVERY check that exceeds 30 days, only those that are "approved"? So if i am past 30 days that does not mean i need to have the FFL call it in since it has not been "approved" yet??

The problem with calling in is the fact it can take HOURS it took my ffl over 4 1/4 hrs on hold to get thru to clear mine. When they did get thru OSP did not have any reason as to why my application was not cleared instantly via computer application. They went through their process and it cleared immediately.
that shows the system is just totally screwed up....l

Looks like the OSP FICS continues to either blow smoke up our butts or outright lie/mislead.
the following quote from their Dec 12 notice says:
December 12, 2022 - The Oregon State Police (OSP) has previously processed
Concealed Handgun License holders at an expedited pace through the Firearms Instant
Check System. For years, this practice was efficient and effective
Note, in 2020 46 percent of the BGCs took from 106-365 days to process.
In 2021 there were 34 percent of the apps took from 61-365 days.
(data from their annual report)

Perhaps they have their own definition of efficient...like anything processed less than 365 days is "efficient:"?

I'm trying to understand what this "rerun" actually is.
the following is from the FICS site linked above

I note the phrase "for an approved transaction", does that mean this is for FFLs to call in on a "approved" BGC that has exceeded 30 days in order to "rerun" since there is a 30 day expiration on the 4473? Is that a correct interpretation.
In which case i assume this does NOT mean they need to call in EVERY check that exceeds 30 days, only those that are "approved"? So if i am past 30 days that does not mean i need to have the FFL call it in since it has not been "approved" yet??
"I note the phrase "for an approved transaction", does that mean this is for FFLs to call in on a "approved" BGC that has exceeded 30 days in order to "rerun" since there is a 30 day expiration on the 4473? Is that a correct interpretation..."

Exactly right, the don't want every Tom, Charles and Harry calling into to special phone line to seek first approval.

I done background check on 11/25. I have CHL and was queue #6200. As of 9 a.m. today at #1440. A little over a week ago was #1800. Not much movement in a week.

I don't know or understand the way the search advances but sure seems to be held up by something or someone.

4473 completed 11/28/2022
12/27/2022 BGC still not approved

BGC done with CHL. FFL told me that another CHL holder was entered after me and he went right thru. What the Hell???

When I checked 2 weeks ago, I was 10,xxx something in the cue. Last week I checked and I was 10,319 in the cue. What the Hell???

Sorry if I seem late to this mess, but I have not logged into this forum in years. This purchase was just to switch out my carry gun. I don't need anymore guns. I have some I should sell, but I have to have a dislike for a gun to sell one, and I have no dislike for any of the firearms I currently have other than my current carry gun I'd like to trade for another one. Also, thanks to Obuma, I have more ammo than I'll ever shoot. I Never thought 114 could have a chance of passing, and actually, 25 of the 31 counties voted No. Where's the fairness of this? Our elected officials are probably saying to us, "It sucks to be you". :mad:

Last Edited:
...This purchase was just to switch out my carry gun...
Another reason folks whom "think" they are "all set", may not be.

IMO it's always a good idea to have exact copies of whatever is daily carried/other carry options.

They "should" be used frequently. Having exact duplicates/other carry options cuts down on the wear & tear. If one does go down/begins showing problems in range use, another is ready to carry. Without concern.

Should a defensive gun use occur, its probable the gun used in the such MIGHT be taken as evidence. Another is ready to carry.

Just a cordial reminder to folks whom perhaps couldn't afford duplicates/other options in the past, but can now.

Better to get such now...

Another reason folks whom "think" they are "all set", may not be.

IMO it's always a good idea to have exact copies of whatever is daily carried/other carry options.

They "should" be used frequently. Having exact duplicates/other carry options cuts down on the wear & tear. If one does go down/begins showing problems in range use, another is ready to carry. Without concern.

Should a defensive gun use occur, its probable the gun used in the such MIGHT be taken as evidence. Another is ready to carry.

Just a cordial reminder to folks whom perhaps couldn't afford duplicates/other options in the past, but can now.

Better to get such now...
Oh man, two Wilson Combats?!?!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top