JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope, wrong answer, why can't you accept the fact that they are deliberately slowing things down?
How about some facts from previous years that had actual covid restrictions?
fact
2020 processed 418,061
2021 processed 338,330
do the math divide by 52 to get weekly average

wasn't there just a wee bit more covid those years?

so quit making covid apologies and look at facts.
WOW 😳😳 🤔🤔

It's crazy, I've bought multiple Firearms since November 8th. I even bought two the week before last and I've always been instantly approved. I've been instantly approved ever since I bought Firearms with my CHL. I did a background check today and for the first time ever I was put in the queue at 13k today. I wasn't put at the back of the line but I was at 13k.
Welcome to the club!!!

Wait, it's not just "Jobs for Oregonians", trust me. It's the sucking up of money in the name of "Jobs".
When I first moved here, I was doing Physical Security / Security Electronics. I worked on Capitol Hill in DC. I was not required to have an electricians license to do 'low voltage' work. BUT, in Oregon, they require a license to do that sort of work. Why, because it's one more way to extract cash from the people of this state to do things not in their interest. THAT's WHY!!!

Nope, wrong answer, why can't you accept the fact that they are deliberately slowing things down?
How about some facts from previous years that had actual covid restrictions?
fact
2020 processed 418,061
2021 processed 338,330
do the math divide by 52 to get weekly average

wasn't there just a wee bit more covid those years?

so quit making covid apologies and look at facts.
As I said, doesn't make sense they can only process 50-60 a day ?

I have a freind who has insta cleared numerous times since Dec 8th. He was born in oregon, CHL, no criminal record, etc. I think you have to have been born in Oregon plus have a few other things in your favor (like a CHL, unique name) to have any chance of insta clearing.

If you were born in another state and have an Oregon CHL you will NOT be insta cleared, from what i have heard/seen.
LOL, do you know who else was born in Oregon, Me and a CHL for almost 25 years, and a reasonably unique name

LOL, do you know who else was born in Oregon, Me and a CHL for almost 25 years, and a reasonably unique name
Yea there is no guarantee anyone will insta clear, just having all those things seems to improve your odds. If you have a common name and were born out of state almost zero chance you will insta clear.

So I went to my local pawn FFL to check my position and clarify his interpretation of no approval in 30 days. He was combative and seems anti-gun but his explanation of BGC process confused me.

I asked if he would call NICS on his own or does he need me to come in (he seems letter of the law type). He says if I don't pass in 30 days he does call but there is no NICS just OSP. I told him I'd heard of a number of FFL that call direct to NICS after OSP doesn't yay/nay by 30 days. He again said no such number exists and I am being lied to. I pointed out OSP are a middle man and they call NICS which he agreed but says FFLs can not call direct since Measure 5 closed the gun show loophole.

I'm angry and confused. Is he right? Is he following the law? Is there anything I can do? I assume I'm just stuck with my bubblegumty decision especially since it seems other shops stopped taking transfers so I can't even send it elsewhere to someone more gun friendly.

So I went to my local pawn FFL to check my position and clarify his interpretation of no approval in 30 days. He was combative and seems anti-gun but his explanation of BGC process confused me.

I asked if he would call NICS on his own or does he need me to come in (he seems letter of the law type). He says if I don't pass in 30 days he does call but there is no NICS just OSP. I told him I'd heard of a number of FFL that call direct to NICS after OSP doesn't yay/nay by 30 days. He again said no such number exists and I am being lied to. I pointed out OSP are a middle man and they call NICS which he agreed but says FFLs can not call direct since Measure 5 closed the gun show loophole.

I'm angry and confused. Is he right? Is he following the law? Is there anything I can do? I assume I'm just stuck with my bubblegumty decision especially since it seems other shops stopped taking transfers so I can't even send it elsewhere to someone more gun friendly.
You're stuck.

There are other FFLs still taking transfers, but since your gun is already in his hands he isnt going to send it somewhere else (at least i doubt he would, maybe he can though i dont know for certain).

If you want to buy another gun and ship it to a different FFL you can still do that. Just contact the FFL to verify they are still doing transfers, i know a lot of them still are since there will not be a permit in place before February at the earliest. The 3 day realease is a separate issue which is being discussed this Friday.

Personally i think the judge will keep the status quo (not stop 3 day transfers) since the state is going to have to admit they are not processing the background check queu in a timely manner. The 3 day release is not a "loop-hole" (aka anything democrats dislike) it was specificlaly created to force states to process background checks in a timely manner and not deny people their 2nd amendment rights.

There are other FFLs still taking transfers, but since your gun is already in his hands he isnt going to send it somewhere else (at least i doubt he would, maybe he can though i dont know for certain).

If you want to buy another gun and ship it to a different FFL you can still do that. Just contact the FFL to verify they are still doing transfers, i know a lot of them still are since there will not be a permit in place before February at the earliest. The 3 day realease is a separate issue which is being discussed this Friday.

Personally i think the judge will keep the status quo (not stop 3 day transfers) since the state is going to have to admit they are not processing the background check queu in a timely manner. The 3 day release is not a "loop-hole" (aka anything democrats dislike) it was specificlaly created to force states to process background checks in a timely manner and not deny people their 2nd amendment rights.
I just got off a phone with a FFL he cautioned me with any purchases till after the 23rd ( judge Raschio) for the reason the gentlemen is in above. Tough choice. The last thing I want is my property sitting in limbo because of a lawsuit against OSP and this melodramatic battle of going back and forth. I know it needs to take it's course.

Last Edited:
I just got off a phone with a FFL he cautioned me with any purchases till after the 23rd for the reason the gentlemen is in above. Tough choice. The last thing I want is my property sitting in limbo because of a lawsuit against OSP and this melodramatic battle of going back and forth. I know it needs to take it's course.
Yeah. I'd wait. If the judge doesn't issue a restraining order, you'll have to hope for an instant, but will likely have to deal with the state slow dancing.

I have a freind who has insta cleared numerous times since Dec 8th. He was born in oregon, CHL, no criminal record, etc. I think you have to have been born in Oregon plus have a few other things in your favor (like a CHL, unique name) to have any chance of insta clearing.

If you were born in another state and have an Oregon CHL you will NOT be insta cleared, from what i have heard/seen.
I will tell you that your assertion in bold above is not true.

I'm from California (moved permanently up here in '98)
I have a CHL for Oregon (on my second extension now)
I have a fairly unique first name, and very unique last name.
I did not use: SSN, nor UPIN (I don't have one).

I've received instant approval today (Dec. 19th, 2022) at a Tigard pawn shop.
I've received instant approval the Saturday after Thanksgiving at NW Armory.

It's down to all the things that can be done to uniquely identify you.
For me first + last + CHL = instant.
For others it may be some combination of: first + middle + last + SSN + CHL + UPIN.

The nice woman at NW Armory said instant approval, based on her experience was all down to unique name(s) + CHL.
The guy at the pawn shop said he's seen instant approvals based on either the UPIN, or the unique name(s) + CHL.

he is right, you are misinformed, Oregon is a full POC State, FFL must go thru State...do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Which FFL?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads