JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another reason folks whom "think" they are "all set", may not be.

IMO it's always a good idea to have exact copies of whatever is daily carried/other carry options.

They "should" be used frequently. Having exact duplicates/other carry options cuts down on the wear & tear. If one does go down/begins showing problems in range use, another is ready to carry. Without concern.

Should a defensive gun use occur, its probable the gun used in the such MIGHT be taken as evidence. Another is ready to carry.

Just a cordial reminder to folks whom perhaps couldn't afford duplicates/other options in the past, but can now.

Better to get such now...
Actually, I have multiple guns I can carry, but prefer to stick to one. Because of civil actions of getting sued if you shoot someone, even if you are in the right, scare me more than what might happen if I'm not carrying, so I rarely carry around town. (Very small remote red town) The political situation of so many woke idiots and anti-gunners these days may cause me to rethink, but the probability of getting sued still bothers me. Not the same country I grew up in and not the same state I moved to in 1973 when I was just 27 either.

Another reason folks whom "think" they are "all set", may not be.

IMO it's always a good idea to have exact copies of whatever is daily carried/other carry options.

So what I'm hearing you say is I should grab a 2nd Desert Eagle just in case? Man, my wife is gonna be pissed but it's only practical! 😆

Obviously I'm kidding, I got in more than enough trouble the first time anyways; and it would be an awful carry for anything but wilderness hiking which I'm not prone to do.

Actually, I have multiple guns I can carry, but prefer to stick to one. Because of civil actions of getting sued if you shoot someone, even if you are in the right, scare me more than what might happen if I'm not carrying, so I rarely carry around town. (Very small remote red town) The political situation of so many woke idiots and anti-gunners these days may cause me to rethink, but the probability of getting sued still bothers me. Not the same country I grew up in and not the same state I moved to in 1973 when I was just 27 either.
Just remember the jury pool will be your county. I can't imagine getting convicted here, even though the state is trending blue.

Can't let this thread die just yet. Filled out form 4473 on 11/28/2022 with CHL. Last week I was 10,319 in the cue and today I am 9,650 in the cue. That's now over one month for something that has always taken just minutes to complete. FFL thinks they are not treating CHL holders any differently than anyone else. Politicians in this state have Way too much power and don't care that more laws that hurt legal gun owners will not slow down criminals. Doesn't 114 make politicians criminals? How can they continue to get away with murder? :mad:

Two is One, One is None 😐

Edit: Damn someone beat me to it 😂

But yes I now have 2x carry guns in case one gets stolen/confiscated.
Not just stolen or confiscated but it's a mechanical device and they do break down sometimes and you if you can't get parts right away your SOL till you do.

Can't let this thread die just yet. Filled out form 4473 on 11/28/2022 with CHL. Last week I was 10,319 in the cue and today I am 9,650 in the cue. That's now over one month for something that has always taken just minutes to complete. FFL thinks they are not treating CHL holders any differently than anyone else. Politicians in this state have Way too much power and don't care that more laws that hurt legal gun owners will not slow down criminals. Doesn't 114 make politicians criminals? How can they continue to get away with murder? :mad:
OSP said they were one big pile quite a while ago.

Part of what keeps me buying guns right now is to see if I can sign my name as a plaintiff with whoever sues them over this... just sayin

I guess fortunately I have instants pretty often... going in for another round.

Part of what keeps me buying guns right now is to see if I can sign my name as a plaintiff with whoever sues them over this... just sayin

I guess fortunately I have instants pretty often... going in for another round.
Doing the lords work... I'll be joining you this weekend in that mission

You should be getting it soon. I filled out on 11/26 and picked mine up tues. Think it was. they are working in order by date submitted. I thought I would never get mine sinc emovemnt was like 50 a day

MY 4473 was submitted on 11/29/22, as of 12/27/22 I was 5000+, and today, 01/06/23 I am 2000+, maybe next week to pick up the guns I own.

I just can't fathom WTF takes OSP so damn long to process BGCs.... Ours are all done by our local LEO's (city or county) for pistols and semi-suto rifles, and still done via NICS at the shop for "others", shotguns and bolt guns and mine all come back within a few days to a week. The system in OR is super phucked up. Seems like deliberate attempt to stall/withhold 2nd Amendment rights with your system.

Also, I don't get how they are getting around the 30-day thing with regard to the NICS check... If not completed after 30 days, it is invalid and is supposed to be started over.

I don't have proof, but it sounds like they were clearing BGCs at the rate of approximately 1k per day, and it sounds like they are slow walking things.
You are correct, the proof is in the annual published reports by OSP FICS.
I'll see if i can upload a clip here of the chart

fics checks_day.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top