JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked up my new AK9mm today after the three day release. I asked and they said that their shop had one instant approval today, so I'm eating crow tonight. I really believed they were done with instants, they have dropped hugely in number but are happening.

I picked up my new AK9mm today after the three day release. I asked and they said that their shop had one instant approval today, so I'm eating crow tonight. I really believed they were done with instants, they have dropped hugely in number but are happening.
I'd be surprised if they killed off instant, that would mean them shutting down. Now slow walking manual entries, that's what makes government operate.

Last Edited:
Instant has been my entire life, until this weekend. Luckily, the shop released it after three days.
Yeah you know, for us instants without chl, i feel like the times we get queued are due to data entry errors or NICS/OSP systems are having problems at the time of that submission.

Yea who knows whats going on over at OSP. All i know is i used to be instant and no longer am. So i assumed the only possible reason was not being born in Oregon. But maybe its just a crap shoot and there is no reason for why someone is instant vs trapped in the queue.

If you are in que. And it's been past 3 days and the OSP didn't give you at eta. Go pick up your firearm. Assuming the business is aware of the law.

Screenshot_20221215_163203_Samsung Internet.jpg

A few questions here, wondering if any folks have some answers?
The fine print on the 4473 indicates its valid for 30 days from the time it is signed/initiated.
So what happens after 30 days? Ya gotta submit a new one?
So what happens to your place in the line, do you go back to the end of the line?
I'm sure there are folks here that have been waiting longer than 30 days? how did that work?
Also would not the backlog drop significantly if those with 30days expiration did not process again?
Dunno how the Oregon FICS system works, wondering how in the annual report it shows a number of applicants being processed from 180-365 days...how can that be with a 30 day expiration? Did those folks resubmit each month, ie for a 180 day process one would have to submit a 10 dollar application 6 different times?
Anyone got any insight in this?

The fine print on the 4473 indicates its valid for 30 days from the time it is signed/initiated.
So what happens to your place in the line, do you go back to the end of the line?
I'm sure there are folks here that have been waiting longer than 30 days? how did that work?
Also would not the backlog drop significantly if those with 30days expiration did not process again?
Dunno how the Oregon FICS system works, wondering how in the annual report it shows a number of applicants being processed from 180-365 days...how can that be with a 30 day expiration? Did those folks resubmit each month, ie for a 180 day process one would have to submit a 10 dollar application 6 different times?
Just my experience on what happened to my 2 that expired, one was 31 days and the other was 33 days. They stayed in the BGC queue and were approved by OSP. When I went in and picked up the firearms I had to fill out another 4473 which was attached to the expired one and the FFL does the rest to make the ATF happy. And no additional $10 fee :)

From my FFL on my status (He already release my BAR to me after 3 days anyways, but I'm STILL in the queue).

My position and the dates...

12/10 599
12/11 564
12/12 552
12/14 536
12/15 535

I'm normally a 5 minute wait... There must be a guy with no arms and no legs, using his nose to enter stuff into the computer with as slow as they're going.

Last Edited:
From my FFL on my status (He already release my BAR to me after 3 days anyways, but I'm STILL in the queue).

My position and the dates...

12/10 599
12/11 564
12/12 552
12/14 536
12/15 535

I'm normally a 5 minute wait... There must be a guy with no arms and no legs, using his nose to enter stuff into the computer with as slow as they're going.
So lets say 15 people per day are processed, wtih a backlog of 38k, that will take an estimated 2,533 days, or 6.9 years to process this background check queu.

Someone has to get this information in front of Judge Raschio before the hearing on December 23rd.

So lets say 15 people per day are processed, wtih a backlog of 38k, that will take an estimated 2,533 days, or 6.9 years to process this background check queu.

Someone has to get this information in front of Judge Raschio before the hearing on December 23rd.
Please send a letter to the Judge in this matter. And or the plaintffs lawyers. Maybe prompt the ffls that testified to bring this matter to the court through their attornies.

The 30 day expiration is a Fed thing, the State will still process the bg check beyond 30 days. When somebody is approved beyond the 30 day mark, my favorite FFL will call in to FICS and tell them he has a 30 dayer, somehow they quickly run another check and give him another approval number.

It's crazy, I've bought multiple Firearms since November 8th. I even bought two the week before last and I've always been instantly approved. I've been instantly approved ever since I bought Firearms with my CHL. I did a background check today and for the first time ever I was put in the queue at 13k today. I wasn't put at the back of the line but I was at 13k.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top