JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As much as local news is leftist garbage, has anyone contacted the usual suspecs (KOIN/KATU/etc) to see if they bite on the story?

"As a BIPOC person, is there a delay to my rights by OSP?" etc etc

Serious question: By OSP putting "Delay" on the BGC doesn't that preclude the FFL from utilizing the three-day rule??
It depends on the type of delay, if it's a generic ( clerical) delay with no assigned #, as I have been told, ffl can release under the 72 hour law.
In the case of the OSP just blanket delaying everyone, pretty sure the 3 day law is applicable.

As I have said repeatedly here this is an FFL grand opportunity for a class action law suit. Lots of money to be made by plaintiffs and counsel.
Pretty sure there are several in the works, but only IF 114 goes into effect. Plaintiffs will need a whistleblower to come forward for anything to be filed before that. Though we all know what's going on right now.

Serious question: By OSP putting "Delay" on the BGC doesn't that preclude the FFL from utilizing the three-day rule??
no, the 3 day rule was put in place to prevent this from happening. The expectation was for an INSTANT background check system. The NICS system that allows FFLs to Directly interface with the FBIs NICS system returns 98 percent within 3 days, that is the expectation.
Oregon has created its own system apparently designed to allow glacial processing speed. A definite restriction of the 2'nd amendment right.

Last Edited:
Just came from northwest armory and it appears that concealed carry holders that used to get instant checks (a person I was with) was for the first time put in the que.

Just came from northwest armory and it appears that concealed carry holders that used to get instant checks (a person I was with) was for the first time put in the que.
This isn't necessarily proof that they are dogging it. You just rolled the dice wrong.

Last Edited:
Like many, I was in the queue for my background check last Tuesday, I was 7,090 in line just off the phone with my FFL today, I'm 6,783, which amounts to almost 5 business days. The state has processed 307 background checks or about 61 a day some other posts mention they should be able to process about 500 a day. I really don't know if the 500 a day is accurate but it seems like they should be able to process way more than 61 a day?

Any insights on all this?
If you are chl you originally got put on the chl list. Then non chl people pointed out that wasn't fair. Osp then went back to processing in the order in which it was received.
I am on a hold list at 3500 ish
But really I was 26000 in line
I don't think anyone can really wrap their head around this mess.

I was put in the list on Saturday, first time in my 24 years of purchasing firearms. They most definitely are not doing instant approvals.

another possibility on slow pitch....the longer it takes to process, the larger the huddled masses waiting for 'their turn' and inclusion on the new-permitee public records roster.
Haven't seen much discussion about when that starts. Certainly the news outlets haven't considered that as a feature of 114 as far as the casual news story goes.

Like many, I was in the queue for my background check last Tuesday, I was 7,090 in line just off the phone with my FFL today, I'm 6,783, which amounts to almost 5 business days. The state has processed 307 background checks or about 61 a day some other posts mention they should be able to process about 500 a day. I really don't know if the 500 a day is accurate but it seems like they should be able to process way more than 61 a day?

Any insights on all this?
Covid.

In this circumstance it appears "they" are INTENTIONALLY delaying a constitutional right. And "they" are INTENTIONALLY doing so against a court order.

Sounds like collusion & conspiracy charges should be looked into. Which can be a felony. Like racketeering.
Haaa... Millions of dollars in cash kickbacks from our enemies is allowed so waiting on a BCG is not going to be looked into anytime soon.

I'm still not convinced that instants aren't going through. They're definitely pausing on the main list.
I'm not trying to convince anyone, just stating facts here about myself. It also appears that I'm not alone by a long shot either. I've been watching almost all of these threads for quite a while and am definitely seeing patterns. Have you seen anyone get an instant within the last week, basically since the 8th?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews