JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
7umo89fxhoia1.jpg

The USA and Australia, the Philippines, much of SE Asia, South Pacific countries and others are prepping for a conflict with China, and China is pushing hard. Besides the nuclear sub deal we made with Oz, we are also cross training Marines (and I think others) in northern Oz.

If Australia is invaded civilians will be hard put to defend themselves.
Exactly! And if/when the SHTF, they'll be begging for guns from us like they did in WWII.

1000 rounds aint $#i+. Was that 700 rounds of 22LR and whatever else? Their small bears carry STD's and their rats have pouches and hop around on two legs. Mark that sewer off my bucket list. 🤣

Round up of videos of some other countries gun laws for those that may be curious. The Iraq veteran8888 videos were pretty good I thought.

I tried to find unbiased sources for Australian gun laws like those videos below but couldn't find any. Maybe Mike @Tornado-Technologies could give some thoughts on what Austrslia's laws are like. Lots of anti-gun sponsored videos on YouTube which are of no educational value.

German gun laws

Uk gun laws

Didn't watch these they may be outdated:

Didn't watch this one. Could be good or could be garbage:

Bonus content

Last Edited:
Please bear in mind that although Eric has the best of intentions, his British guest is exceptionally ill-informed about almost everything he says. The move to reducing the number of guns in private hands began after the end of WW1, when the government of the day, seeing around 90% of the male population were skilled in the use of arms, and had a shed-load of 'em readily to hand, were scared fartless at the thought that there would be a revolution, like the russian example, from the year before. Anarchy would rule, the government would be decorating the lamposts, and the monarchy would be murdered and thrown down a mineshaft like the poor Romanovs.

Of course, nothing of the sort happened - men were just too weary of four years of war - those that had survived it, of course.

As for banning guns - well, for instance, it was not until around 1930 that the sale of Thompson machine guns was terminated in UK. Before that, you could get your 'gun license' for five shillings from your local post office, take it along to the gun dealer, and walk out with a nice shiny new Tommy gun of your own, and as much ammunition as you could carry. You were expected to behave with it, too.

In among all the comments you'll find a lot of input from me - none of which was ever addressed. Y'see, I've had a firearms certificate here in UK since 1968 - even when I was out of the country, it was kept alive for me by an understanding commanding officer who would store my firearms in a unit armoury. So trust me when I advise you that although he has some things right, he has an untoward amount of so-called 'facts' wrong.

As a matter of interest, only ONE British prime minister has ever been assassinated - Spenser Perceval in 1812. Unlike Americans, the British do not make a habit of murdering their politicians or prominent personages at least once a decade.

As ever, notwithstanding recent PITA comments, I'm very happy to acquaint you with the facts about shooting sports here in UK, even if it's for the zillionth time. Correcting errors arising from endless indoctrination about just how awful it is here UK is a never-ending task. Let's be quite candid about this - if it was as bad as many Americans think it is, then there would be no guns at all in private hands. Looking at my three gun cabinets right in front of me - that just ain't so.

Last Edited:
Please bear in mind that although Eric has the best of intentions, his British guest is exceptionally ill-informed about almost everything he says. The move to reducing the number of guns in private hands began after the end of WW1, when the government of the day, seeing around 90% of the male population were skilled in the use of arms, and had a shed-load of 'em readily to hand, were scared fartless at the thought that there would be a revolution, like the russian example, from the year before. Anarchy would rule, the government would be decorating the lamposts, and the monarchy would be murdered and thrown down a mineshaft like the poor Romanovs.

Of course, nothing of the sort happened - men were just too weary of four years of war - those that had survived it, of course.

As for banning guns - well, for instance, it was not until around 1930 that the sale of Thompson machine guns was terminated in UK. Before that, you could get your 'gun license' for five shillings from your local post office, take it along to the gun dealer, and walk out with a nice shiny new Tommy gun of your own, and as much ammunition as you could carry. You were expected to behave with it, too.

In among all the comments you'll find a lot of input from me - none of which was ever addressed. Y'see, I've had a firearms certificate here in UK since 1968 - even when I was out of the country, it was kept alive for me by an understanding commanding officer who would store my firearms in a unit armoury. So trust me when I advise you that although he has some things right, he has an untoward amount of so-called 'facts' wrong.

As a matter of interest, only ONE British prime minister has ever been assassinated - Spenser Perceval in 1812. Unlike Americans, the British do not make a habit of murdering their politicians or prominent personages at least once a decade.

As ever, notwithstanding recent PITA comments, I'm very happy to acquaint you with the facts about shooting sports here in UK, even if it's for the zillionth time. Correcting errors arising from endless indoctrination about just how awful it is here UK is a never-ending task. Let's be quite candid about this - if it was as bad as many Americans think it is, then there would be no guns at all in private hands. Looking at my three gun cabinets right in front of me - that just ain't so.
For regular poeple can they conceal carry a pistol? How hard is it for them to buy a gun to do so? Can they conceal carry knives?

Checked wiki and answered my own Q on handguns, they are banned. Rifles over .22 banned. Unbelivable number of restrictions (see below) including self defense not a valid reason to own. I can't imagine a worse place for current gun regulations. Really unbelievable.

I thought the chicken police, soil police, cow police, badger police, nighttime lighting police, etc on the Clarkson farm show were exaggerations but apparently not. Police and government involved in many details of a persons life and have to give permission for everything. Oppposite of freedom and more akin to China, where government controls many aspects of poeples lives.

28FD1BAB-6764-4520-869C-D6CB9AFA95AF.jpeg 6BA11F9F-24D5-446E-A2D5-C0EC3DD26EEB.jpeg B9E6822C-110D-414E-9E87-F03D684CD501.jpeg 8E3B736C-AA8E-480F-80AF-4C5BBED49D43.jpeg 2EBBD641-54D7-412A-92CC-801CFD977382.jpeg D6AECA78-5517-425D-B450-CD46F139C412.jpeg 67D85043-D439-4D23-AB01-08CB60253ED3.jpeg 20B4E1A1-CD05-4C0C-A347-DE2C72C1731F.jpeg

Last Edited:
Tac, I love your history lessons but let's be real here. If "shooting sports" was such a thing in the land of the Queen, then why hasn't Great Britain taken home any medals in recent history? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_shooting) Britain appears to have stopped being competitive when the WW1 and WW2 generations retired.

You don't have "shooting sports" - you have "heavily regulated shotgun sports."

Perhaps the Brits should have taken better notes when the French brought out the guillotine and the US shrugged off the monarchy. And they say Americans are stubborn.

Y'see, I've had a firearms certificate here in UK since 1968 - even when I was out of the country, it was kept alive for me by an understanding commanding officer who would store my firearms in a unit armoury.
Cool story. I love that you have the friends and support system and funds to enable you to enjoy your privilege.

I think it'd be best if we stop trying to compare the USA to the UK. We look at guns from two very different angles and with very different underlying assumptions about rights and society. We learned long ago that we had "irreconcilable differences."

Tac, I love your history lessons but let's be real here. If "shooting sports" was such a thing in the land of the Queen, then why hasn't Great Britain taken home any medals in recent history? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_shooting) Britain appears to have stopped being competitive when the WW1 and WW2 generations retired.

You don't have "shooting sports" - you have "heavily regulated shotgun sports."

Perhaps the Brits should have taken better notes when the French brought out the guillotine and the US shrugged off the monarchy. And they say Americans are stubborn.

Cool story. I love that you have the friends and support system and funds to enable you to enjoy your privilege.

I think it'd be best if we stop trying to compare the USA to the UK. We look at guns from two very different angles and with very different underlying assumptions about rights and society. We learned long ago that we had "irreconcilable differences."
Uh, I'm not trying to 'compare' anywhere with anywhere. YOU responded by your own lights. If you want to see shooting results then I suggest you look at international target shooting of the long-range kind that takes place at Bisley, centre of the NRA of UK. The Queen's Prize comps attract around a 1000 - 1500 shooters every year. Or international clay, skeet and trap, where UK's shooters excel, especially the youngsters.

In view of our 'irreconcilable differences, let's agree to ignore each other henceforth. At least I'll be spared your unnecessary remarks. I'll leave you with a shot of the line-up at Bisley last year - where, according to you, there was nothing to see at all.

Have nice day.

1676649246663.png

...I think it'd be best if we stop trying to compare the USA to the UK. We look at guns from two very different angles and with very different underlying assumptions about rights and society. We learned long ago that we had "irreconcilable differences."
The thing is though these UK-type gun restrictions are exactly what the anti-gunners are currently pushing for in the US.

Similarly they want more control and involvement of the government in individual's lives. So this is exactly the example poeple need to see lest they make America the same way.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top