JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The anti-gun zealots have shown their hand long ago in this regard, as they've written about bolt action hunting rifles as "long range sniper weapons" that should also be banned along with other "assault weapons". Like crabgrass, give 'em an inch and they take a yard...

The anti-gun zealots have shown their hand long ago in this regard, as they've written about bolt action hunting rifles as "long range sniper weapons" that should also be banned along with other "assault weapons". Like crabgrass, give 'em an inch and they take a yard...
yup.
In Australia they've already taken the semi autos, now its bolt guns.

Thats the point of my posting this news. But here in the US people will say the "slippery slope" is a fallacy....

"nobodys trying to take away your guns" (then they pass 114)

yup.
In Australia they've already taken the semi autos, now its bolt guns.

Thats the point of my posting this news. But here in the US people will say the "slippery slope" is a fallacy....

"nobodys trying to take away your guns" (then they pass 114)
Yep, look at England, Australia, and Canada. Probably other countries too that I don't know the history of. They will take them all if we let them. Unusual and dangerous. That what they will call any gun they haven't banned yet. What is usual today they will call unusual and dangerous tomorrow.

There is NO NEED and NO USE for them and they should all be taken and put in a safe place.

I'm talking about POLITICIANS!

Politicians are the reason that a day will come when the only way to protect ourselves from them is that they want to take.

Very telling statement there in the article.. "Unbelievably, the worst offence this individual has allegedly committed is failing to apply to the local council for approval to build the bunker and underground shooting range," Police Minister Paul Papalia said.

So... even though the suppressor might not have been legal, they're taking everything up and arresting the guy???

Not 1,000 rounds of ammunition!!!!
I think I shot that much in the last 5 weeks.
That's a two day class.

Over the last few weekends I found close to (literally) three times that much just in 9mm (that I forgot about, LOL) buried under a pile of 2A stuff out in my workshop…. then there was the 5.56, 7.62x39 .308, .45ACP, a few 00 12ga rounds and 2k rounds of .22LR that I also found.

DOH!! :rolleyes:

Over the last few weekends I found close to (literally) three times that much just in 9mm (that I forgot about, LOL) buried under a pile of 2A stuff out in my workshop…. then there was the 5.56, 7.62x39 .308, .45ACP, a few 00 12ga rounds and 2k rounds of .22LR that I also found.

DOH!! :rolleyes:
No doubt! That happens to me too.... and even just within the past week I ran across a sealed 1k bag of loose LC 5.56 at the bottom of one box mixed with some camp gear... and I have no idea what it was doing there... when I picked those up... or why they weren't still in the cardboard box they would have come in.

I coulda swore I had everything already in ammo cans (I'm usually quite good about that)... and not like I don't have at least a dozen empty 50cal cans stacked over in the corner.

Go figger!

I guess in terms of that article... that 1k rounds in the U.S. is really just the equivelant of "loose change" you might find in the sofa cushions. 🤣

Last Edited:
There is NO NEED and NO USE for them and they should all be taken and put in a safe place.

I'm talking about POLITICIANS!

Politicians are the reason that a day will come when the only way to protect ourselves from them is that they want to take.
Politics, noun, from "poly", meaning "many", and "ticks", small blood sucking parasites.

It was a dream setup. It sounds like the bunker builder flipped…. Seems pretty proud of his creation….. look at this, and this, and that door.
That kind of investment…. Could have done better on the entrance.
SMH

This is the second thread on this. The first one is here. Your title is easier to find though cuz it has "Australia" in it.

@Moderators, thread merge?

Someone also started a third thread on it.
I Got You Hunks GIF by giphystudios2021

Does anyone know the deal with the "improper storage"?

They were in a locked house, under a hidden floor (and seriously, who'd ever think there was a hydraulic door under a couch - that was cool!).

Seems like access was perfectly well controlled, even from a potential theft. So…what gives?

Does anyone know the deal with the "improper storage"?

They were in a locked house, under a hidden floor (and seriously, who'd ever think there was a hydraulic door under a couch - that was cool!).

Seems like access was perfectly well controlled, even from a potential theft. So…what gives?
I don't know how Australia works but some European countries it has to be inspected and signed of on (I think every year or every 5 years etc.). So even if it was Fort Knox it wouldn't be legal unless some governemnet person inspected it.

I think that's coming to WA before too long if they get their gun permit (registry) passed. WA already has mandatory yearly background checks but can't start the program because they have no registry (as of today anyway) to know where all the guns are.

Yep, look at England, Australia, and Canada. Probably other countries too that I don't know the history of. They will take them all if we let them. Unusual and dangerous. That what they will call any gun they haven't banned yet. What is usual today they will call unusual and dangerous tomorrow.
I guess you really mean UK, right?

Nope, no guns here, yer'onner.......................

1676568963009.png

And that's inherently the problem - people are basically using words to control others while hiding behind the color of law to do so. The law is no different than force/violence because operating outside the law bears the penalty of force/violence if caught.

Ultimately, as seen time and time again throughout history, it is the willingness and effectiveness in the use violence that makes the difference in any endeavor. The founding fathers tried to come to peaceable terms just through dialog. They were dismissed outright as not worth even being considered, it was through physical resistance that change for the better occurred.

While I'm not currently, openly, advocating for physical violence. The historical precedent with regard to government overreach is already there.

With regard to Australians and gun rights. Everyone who had any sense already saw the writing on the wall. If you allow any ban, the goalpost just moves. Just look at our own country. Are the anti-liberty zealots ever content with their most recent law/restriction/ban - nope.
There is only One way a revolution succeeds.
I am.

Joe

China is flexing their muscles in the South Pacific and this is how the Australian government responds. There must be another Chinese-owned Biden running things down under. SMH
The USA and Australia, the Philippines, much of SE Asia, South Pacific countries and others are prepping for a conflict with China, and China is pushing hard. Besides the nuclear sub deal we made with Oz, we are also cross training Marines (and I think others) in northern Oz.

If Australia is invaded civilians will be hard put to defend themselves.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top