JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A little more clarification this morning from TFB>
It's an on-going thing.
So reclassification not a ban?

No, its a bunch of speculating over something that hasn't happened.

Something is probably happening, but we just don't know what. Gaetz does happen to have a history of grand standing and with the election coming up I wouldn't put it past a politician to try and make a mountain out of a mole hill to look good with the coming election. Especially since we have no information on this, aside from what Gaetz has said, it would be really easy for the ATF to make some minor change, or clarification, on braces then Gaetz can proclaim himself the victor by stating that his work prevented a far more egregious offense by the ATF. If this is something like a full on brace ban then Gaetz can say "I told you so, but I tried to fight it" and he still comes out looking like the good guy with his constituents. For all we know this could be clarification on what constitutes a brace modification..i.e. removing the strap

I also see a lot of videos talking about bringing this to Trump if it is a full on ban. The guy has been pro-red flags and banned bump stocks. He hasn't exactly been a friend to the 2A despite what some people seem to think. I think they forget that this guy is a New York billionaire who has always had his own armed private security...I don't think he cares too much about us regular folks trying to protect ourselves or enjoy our hobby.

I said manufacture, not manufacturer. One letter makes a big difference. Just because you MANUFACTURE doesn't mean you are a MANUFACTURER. But you still MANUFACTURED.

Not in business of it, you are not a MANUFACTURER but you did MANUFACTURE something still. Just not for business. You never posted anything that said otherwise.
No, you make it. Only a manufacturer can manufacture. Damn. You drew me back in. Your'e still not getting it.

From what I understand, none. This whole thread is a fear mongering absurdity over a podcast recording between a lawmaker and secret ATF ninjas.

Everything being reported is purely speculation and sensationalism.

Exactly; from what I've seen there is very little to go on. The congress critter who issued this statement could know what he's talking about and there is something in the works from the agency. Or it could be fear-mongering BS from a congressman who's facing reelection in 2020 and who has been the subject of media attention for various reasons this year.

Using a brace accidentally against your shoulder..... So yesterday!

Turning a stock into a Brace! Hells Ya! We in da future!

DE5FA0C7-2AAB-41EF-B4AF-882E470320D8.jpeg

So if it becomes a felony to have a brace - might as well drill that 3rd hole, put a stock on it and attach a wish fuel filter and make it really worthwhile. Lol (atf, I am joking, don't kick in my door and shoot my furred animal).

My response was fairly sarcastic.

Registered guns will entirely be easier for them to find.

However, I haven't seen the .gov going after anyone who owns them.

They could, yes.

Hasn't happened yet, at least for those legal to own them that are LAW ABIDING.

I guess I need to up my "OMG the government is going to take all my guns" mentality! ;)
As with everything else in the past several years, all they need is enough public outrage generated by the media and then there is a push to ban it. It worked with bump stocks after the Las Vegas shooting, that opened up my eyes to the fact it could happen with almost anything. I thought for sure it would happen with braces after the guy in Ohio(?) shot up the bar with an AR pistol, however I believe the shooting in Texas that happened at almost the same time took more press and therefore it didn't get traction. Just my opinion.

I said manufacture, not manufacturer. One letter makes a big difference. Just because you MANUFACTURE doesn't mean you are a MANUFACTURER. But you still MANUFACTURED.

Not in business of it, you are not a MANUFACTURER but you did MANUFACTURE something still. Just not for business. You never posted anything that said otherwise.

Methinks we have a battle of adverbs and pronouns going on..... give it a rest already. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews