JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And as I said, you cannot get more authoritative than the the United States Supreme Court. Their holdings trump the rulings of the 8th Circuit. What you are not considering is that it is unconstitutional to pass an ex post facto law. Of course the government will take your property if you don't file the appropriate actions objecting to being deprived of due process and compensation by way of an ex post facto law.
And so far, has anybody been compensated for their bump stocks?

Did you not read the cites I provided?

Morbid academic curiosity aside, the fact that many are giving serious thought towards how to meet this draconian point system is like saying, "The ATF will only let me use this firearm if I sever both thumbs, put a tourniquet around my neck, place the muzzle against my head and pull the trigger, without using sights of course. I think I can make it work depending on the bullet missing any major lobes of my brain and how many IQ points I can afford to lose."

Morbid academic curiosity aside, the fact that many are giving serious thought towards how to meet this draconian point system is like saying, "The ATF will only let me use this firearm if I sever both thumbs, put a tourniquet around my neck, place the muzzle against my head and pull the trigger, without using sights of course. I think I can make it work depending on the bullet missing any major lobes of my brain and how many IQ points I can afford to lose."

That just tells you that some of the "law-abiding" gun owners are really "boot licking statists" :rolleyes: me... well. As far as they know? Not a criminal. Not a felon. Not a potential enemy.

I mean... it looks like what kills my "points" is that the brace is adjustable. I personally dont care much for the adjustability but...oh well. What really gets me is the thing with the sights. Cant have a red dot AND backup sights? They are talking about rifle sights...idk what that is!?

I mean... it looks like what kills my "points" is that the brace is adjustable. I personally dont care much for the adjustability but...oh well. What really gets me is the thing with the sights. Cant have a red dot AND backup sights? They are talking about rifle sights...idk what that is!?
I do care about adjustability and I do not see how adjustability makes a pistol with an adjustable brace any more like a rifle - as long as the LOP is still within the arbitrary limits the ATF mandates. I am sure they just went looking for whatever "features" they could throw at the checklist that would help them "ban" braces as much as possible.

I do care about adjustability and I do not see how adjustability makes a pistol with an adjustable brace any more like a rifle - as long as the LOP is still within the arbitrary limits the ATF mandates. I am sure they just went looking for whatever "features" they could throw at the checklist that would help them "ban" braces as much as possible.
Agreed. 100%. I misworded this... i meant, I could live with a non adjustable.

Last Edited:
I'm surprised that they didn't claim FDE furniture was more dangerous than black. Makes as much sense as the other "criteria" they use to determine SBR. Because, clearly flip up sights are more deadly than fixed sights. Optics are more deadly than open sights. And visual flair that make a brace look like a stock will obviously make your now "illegal SBR" jump out of a racist attack helicopter into a crowd of peaceful protesters and start firing indiscriminately at baby pandas and harp seals while waving a confederate flag and eating jerky made from humpback whales and spotted owls.

That has to be worth at least 750 points.

I'm surprised that they didn't claim FDE furniture was more dangerous than black. Makes as much sense as the other "criteria" they use to determine SBR. Because, clearly flip up sights are more deadly than fixed sights. Optics are more deadly than open sights.
I am sure somebody or some committee was assigned the task of coming up with the list. They probably looked at what items on an AR/AK pistol were similar to a rifle and/or facilitated using an arm brace as a stock, and at what items are not usual on a "conventional" handgun (not an AR/AK/etc.).

"Rifle sights" are not usually found on a Glock or a revolver.

Optics with eye relief of less than say, six inches, are typically not found on a conventional handgun like a Glock or revolver - for obvious reasons, but may commonly be found on an AR/AK "pistol" with a brace.

Ditto with bipods - not very common on conventional handguns.

Last Edited:
I'm thinking about emailing the ATF and asking for some clear definitions on those accessories and sights on what is a rifle sight and what is not. I'll just be asking that i need something that holds up in a court?

Ditto with bipods - not very common on conventional handguns.
Really?

Bipod on AR Pistol - Calguns.net

Bipod on pistol? - AR15.COM
Ruger Introduces 22 Charger Takedown Pistol - The Shooter's Log
Nd9GcSxU5072JTgLhys49ySDrhcrzRTl2sQoNMweg&usqp=CAU.jpg
Nd9GcT97Nh8t0oM_qrW3lkDexIeIqJbS8dRPxFqSg&usqp=CAU.jpg
Nd9GcScNh8ydtq82R3iOUaTzMNwpCkzGRUVbHexeQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR