JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Calera-Gun.jpg

Pretty soon they will come out with a points worksheet to determine whether or not a roll of electrical tap and a piece of driftwood classify as a firearm. Brought to you by the people who think a shoe lace is a machine gun.

This brace ban is a money grab by the extortionist. They could grandfather in all receivers that owners (including FFLs) wanted to register as Braced Pistols. You would think this would be advantageous for an entity that wants to know who has what. Problem obviously relates to a lack of funding in that scenario. They would have to put out effort with no monetary return. They don't seem to have a problem with you, I, retailers and manufactures taking a financial hit from the ban but they sure arn't willing to participate in the losses.

Alternative 3—Grandfather all existing firearms with an attached "stabilizing brace." In order to enforce the regulation, a complete grandfathering of existing firearms with an attached "stabilizing brace" is problematic in that manufacturers could continue to produce these items that are actually "rifles" under the statutory definition and subject to the NFA and market them as grandfathered firearms with an attached "stabilizing brace" not subject to the same regulation. This could potentially pose an enforcement issue that may not be resolved for years if not decades.

Pretty soon they will come out with a points worksheet to determine whether or not a roll of electrical tap and a piece of driftwood classify as a firearm. Brought to you by the people who think a shoe lace is a machine gun.
I expect this point system will be applied to all short barreled firearms one day soon.

If you believe that the BATF's/Governments restrictions are unconstitutional/illegal, then they are little different from a thug who demands money from you in order to walk past him down the street.

This brace ban is a money grab by the extortionist. They could grandfather in all receivers that owners (including FFLs) wanted to register as Braced Pistols. You would think this would be advantageous for an entity that wants to know who has what. Problem obviously relates to a lack of funding in that scenario. They would have to put out effort with no monetary return. They don't seem to have a problem with you, I, retailers and manufactures taking a financial hit from the ban but they sure arn't willing to participate in the losses.

Alternative 3—Grandfather all existing firearms with an attached "stabilizing brace." In order to enforce the regulation, a complete grandfathering of existing firearms with an attached "stabilizing brace" is problematic in that manufacturers could continue to produce these items that are actually "rifles" under the statutory definition and subject to the NFA and market them as grandfathered firearms with an attached "stabilizing brace" not subject to the same regulation. This could potentially pose an enforcement issue that may not be resolved for years if not decades.
They could have Congress put up a bill to add "assault weapons and accessories" category with everything the Anti gun parties want from AWB2.0 to the NFA (I think someone did introduce such a bill?) And not gone this silly burdensome route :rolleyes:

Income tax is theft and there are many many many laws that are unconstitutional, including those that tax/restrict your rights.
I am going to guess that the excise tax is charged for SBRs when they are manufactured. If you want to call a tax stamp a tax then that means they are double taxing the firearm before it hits your hands. This is all criminal in my mind.

One thing many aren't talking about is dumb bubblegum evil Biden is just following Trumps blueprint. When trump banned bump fire stocks by regime power and not through law. He set the tone. I see all his koolaide drinkers here mad at dumbacrats but retardcans supported their guy when he did this. Here we are. What will come next? An assault weapons ban probably classify it under destructive devices. Thanks 50 year liberal elite anti gun trump for this precedent you set and blue prints for communist and liberals to follow!!!

One thing many aren't talking about is dumb bubblegum evil Biden is just following Trumps blueprint. When trump banned bump fire stocks by regime power and not through law. He set the tone. I see all his koolaide drinkers here mad at dumbacrats but retardcans supported their guy when he did this. Here we are. What will come next? An assault weapons ban probably classify it under destructive devices. Thanks 50 year liberal elite anti gun trump for this precedent you set and blue prints for communist and liberals to follow!!!
I did NOT support Trump when he banned bump-stocks - not at all! But then again, I'm not a "retardcan"... :rolleyes:
And yes, I voted for him - both times! He was infinitely better than the Kriminal Klantoon and the Demented Potato that campaigned from the root cellar...

Trump did the pro-2A community NO favors when he banned bump-stocks by EO. A lot of people, Wayne LaPierre (and others at the NRA) included, said that Trump was "the most pro-gun president in our lifetime", but I beg to differ. I said at the time that what he did would set precedent, and that in the future a rabidly anti-gun president would use that precedent to strip us all of our 2A rights.

There were those on this very board that said that banning bump-stocks was "an easy giveaway" to "appease" the anti-2A crowd, since "not many people own them anyway". Welp, with history as our guide as to what happens when appeasement is used, we can all pretty well know with much certainty where this will lead. I will not repeat my earlier missive about that EO action from 2+ years ago, since I believe it's pretty obvious what my stand on it is.

Last Edited:
I agree the bumpstock ban was very bad. I believe the braced pistol ban has been on the ATF's to do list for some time. The BATF is all about restrictions, if you believe they are there to do us any good, I feel sorry for you.

The politicians have been gunning to achieve AWB 2.0 ever since AWB first sunsetted. They've mostly ignored the proven possibility of amending NFA to include what they want, and to increase NFA tax prices as well. FOPA and GCA 68 both showed a way to further their causes but the initial success of the AWB seems to have them gunning for doing that again versus amending the NFA which would be more successful and so far, nothing added to the NFA have been successfully repealed/removed. (Hearing Protection Act for one)

The politicians have been gunning to achieve AWB 2.0 ever since AWB first sunsetted. They've mostly ignored the proven possibility of amending NFA to include what they want, and to increase NFA tax prices as well. FOPA and GCA 68 both showed a way to further their causes but the initial success of the AWB seems to have them gunning for doing that again versus amending the NFA which would be more successful and so far, nothing added to the NFA have been successfully repealed/removed. (Hearing Protection Act for one)
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... 🤐

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR